It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Youtube Just suggested me content based off of what I just viewd here on ATS.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
They are all connected...same companys owns Google owns YouTube owns Facebook owns Shelll oil owns Snapple...oh...you get it.

And you got it

They're all publicly traded and you can view the major shareholders online, the largest are always the institutional investment groups; Vanguard, pension funds, etc.

yep...started w me a couple months back...search anything..crotch itch...Mustang tie rods...BOOM! Ads immediately intrude.

Big brother is real! Have a great day AM*
MS

*PS...can you use crotch itch creme on Mustang tie rods anyway?????

edit on 13-8-2018 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Pretty much the only thing it works on is Ford parts.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Antipathy17
a reply to: rollanotherone

I just bought 2 months. First time in a while. I try and give every expansion a try.

Don't give those people money. I get bad vibes from video games and their creators.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Was watching Live PD on directv a few weeks ago. My receiver was connected to the network. While watching, I opened my browser and guess what add popped up. You guessed it, Live PD.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Google analytics exists on this site, as you know they own youtube as well.

I suggest not using chrome and get the addons/extensions ghostery and ublock origin. I have no affiliation with either of them, I just recommend and use them. Neither of them gather data, Ghostery can if you opt in, sign up and explicitly allow it.
I don't know how you feel about supporting websites by allowing advertisements but this kind of thing is why I block them all. Other malware is also present in advertisements, such as the Coinhive crypto coin mining malware, that ended up on doubleclick servers and youtube.

If you want to avoid tracking look into your antivirus as well, the majority of them monitor everything, your files, directory structure and yes, your web browsing too. Out of months of research I found only 2 that do not spy or allow full opting out and actually protect any data you give them. (Ahnlab from South Korea and Emsisoft)

This is an old assessment but is quite eye opening, Data transmission of Internet security products - 2014 www.av-comparatives.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Antipathy17

Facebook just suggested a friend that I just spoke about on an account from 10 years ago...

I honestly haven't used it for that long. It was my gaming account and my Mrs mentioned an acquaintance and bam, she's on suggested friends.

It was the first time I'd used facebook for a couple of years and straight away, the creepiness sets in....

I've closed both of my accounts on there with the explanation that I don't feel safe.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join