It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When hate meets hate

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Yes, it's time again to remember the wonderful hate groups that seem to spring up from time to time. Extreme right vs. extreme left. Both sides ignorant, both sides intolerant, and both full of hate, in fact, so full of hate, they almost cancel each other out. So I have realized a wonderful way to capitalize on this, make it a teachable moment, and help a worthy cause.

First, we realize where these events will take place. Then we find a fencing contractor in the area, and have a large 150' x 150' square 10 ft fence erected. We wait until someone mouths off, then we offer them both a chance to settle their differences. We let as many in as would like to be, lock the gate, and then charge a pay per view event and broadcast it worldwide. Bill it as Dumbasses vs Giant assholes! (you pick who gets what label)

The violence would be contained, only a few would emerge, and likely be pretty messed up so they probably would think twice about doing it again, and we can donate the proceeds to a charity based on uniting humanity. (just for the irony)

Eventually, there wouldn't be enough "tough guys" to fill the cages, and we can all go back to our normal lives, where we have to deal with all sorts of people in our lives, and find that being nice to everyone is much easier and less painful then the alternative.

Feel free to enhance the idea, as this is just a first draft. Oh, and for all the haters, Hate nicely.

edit on 12-8-2018 by network dude because: bad spler

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Wtf?

I hope you are trolling and don't honestly think this a good idea.

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: nightbringr

Wtf?

I hope you are trolling and don't honestly think this a good idea.

I know. I think there should be some weapons in the cage, like a mace, some chains, perhaps a bike lock or two.
I was afraid it would sound a bit too violent, but if you think it's OK, I'll go with it.

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   

I love it!

Lets call their bluff, so to speak.

Lets force these groups to put action to their convictions.

If Antifa wants to kill Nazi's, give them the opportunity.
If Nazi's want to kill, well, anyone, let's give them Antifa (who wants to kill Nazi's).

Then let's have lunch.

I'm doing a nice corned beef today. Sliced swiss on onion rolls with a touch of horseradish and Dijon mustard.

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I think you channeled Carlin here:

Good idea. Make it so.

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I think this idea has some merit!

It could be done Fortnite style and I’m thinking North Brother Island would be perfect.

Winner gets a 1 min prime time slot to spout their crap on Fox/CNN according to their leaning.

This could also work as a series- not just Nazi’s vs Antifa. Just off the top of my head:-

BLM vs Cops
Crips vs Bloods
Snowflakes vs Baby Boomers
Jocks vs Nerds
Harry Potter fans vs LOTR fans

This is a winner and could settle a load of problems ruining society.

Bob

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Is this not quite an old idea that has evolved into contact sports.
Perhaps we need more actual violent criminals, with bad impulse control in sports, fewer safety rules and more weapons for the games would make them much more fun.
We could include hungry wild animals to really spice it up.
This does sound like the account of the fall of Rome,
and the script of a video game.

edit on 12-8-2018 by rom12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: rom12345
Is this not quite an old idea that has evolved into contact sports.
Perhaps we need more actual violent criminals, with bad impulse control in sports, fewer safety rules and more weapons for the games would make them much more fun.
We could include hungry wild animals to really spice it up.
This does sound like the account of the fall of Rome,
and the script of a video game.

Build a Colosseum, have lions, tigers, and bears. (oh my) I love it!

I knew ATS wouldn't disappoint!

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Clever Idea, Gladiator combat!! Can we feed Christians to the Lions as well?

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   
So I think everybody's missing out on some amazing potential here. This would be the perfect opportunity for a reboot of........

Think about it. Take all the traps, obstacles and combat stuff I vaguely remember from that...then amp that # up to 11

Spikes, lava traps, packs of wild hyenas. Those foam baton things could be double ended spiked maces. The possibilities are endless.

This would be a Netflix original i'd watch

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Who run Barter Town?

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: dug88

Would it not be funnier to do the whole Gladiator pugil stick with gigantic nerf style weapons with the irony being the pit below is full of razor sharp spikes?

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Why limit it to hate groups? I think politicians should do it too. N Korea vs the US. Bare fists, victor takes all.

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: dug88
So I think everybody's missing out on some amazing potential here. This would be the perfect opportunity for a reboot of........

Think about it. Take all the traps, obstacles and combat stuff I vaguely remember from that...then amp that # up to 11

Spikes, lava traps, packs of wild hyenas. Those foam baton things could be double ended spiked maces. The possibilities are endless.

This would be a Netflix original i'd watch

I guess most of ya'll are too young to remember the movie with James Kahn called Rollerball? Also for us history buffs, the days of the Roman Coliseum and gladiators?

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   
This could eliminate a great many vermin from the population. Drug gangs fighting over turf comes to mind. No more little girls caught in the crossfire between two gangsta' crews. Drop them into a training facility with structures and streets. Give them knives and guns with a fixed supply of ammunition. Whomever comes out alive wins the turf but can also be challenged at any time by anyone who wants that turf. Sell the TV rights and use the money to compensate their previous victims. These worthless fools will provide entertainment and compensate their victims. As an added bonus, should their bodies not be claimed within 48 hours, they will be sold to Alpo for use as dog food.

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

There were a few films on this theme. Rollerball was a cracking film.

Running Man in the 80’s touched on the idea too and had the game show element. The theme has been rehashed a few times over the years - Battle Royale and Hunger Games spring to mind.

Would far sooner watch this than Love Island - unless that morphed into a dystopian survival reality show.

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: DrBobH

Put me in!!!!

Those Harry Potter wizard wannabees are going down!!!

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

LOTR all the way for me although I have been known to shout Expellifartus when breaking wind.

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Dijon mustard? I always knew you were a closeted elitist.

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: DBCowboy

Dijon mustard? I always knew you were a closeted elitist.

Guilty as charged.

<<   2  3 >>

join