It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Great 'Race' Race!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Hello all!

Before getting started, I must emphasize that this post is in no way racially or politically motivated. I don't care who you voted for and I don't care what race (or sex) you identify as. It's not for quarrels. It's simply something I noticed...

Things that made me go Hmmmmm

HERE is "An Extremely Detailed Map of the 2016 Election".

It shows no side taking, no bias, and no opinions. It's simply a map of who voted for who and where.

I wanted to mention a few things that caught my eye. Maybe you'll notice too and also think "Hmmmm".

- Obviously the whole of the map appears to be majority RED. A MASS majority. A sea of red with small specs of blue, if you will.
- If one looks closer, it appears that nearly all cities in the US are BLUE. I looked at large and very small cities and I seem to notice the same.

How odd. It's like only cities cared about voting majority democrat. Too many possibilities go through my mind so I can't really have a solid opinion as to why or how. Hacked Voting? Education? Something in the water? Race?

Race? Maybe?

Looking at the fine, zoomed in details of areas that I am very familiar with, places I've lived for long periods of time, places I know lots of people, places I visit and grew up, I did notice a few things that stuck out.

Currently living in Austin, I can say without a doubt that this cities majority most likely voted Democrat. I can see that in the "Hipster Hippy - Overly Liberal" attitude around Austin. It's VERY laxed here. It's almost like an air of "Laws? Who cares about laws?" Why do I get this feeling? Pretty much everything slides by. Though, if you get caught for J-walking, you will be tackled by police and beaten down. Pass the joint? No problem. That's ok. Hell, there is even a bar here on 6th where people conjoin upstairs to hang out, BS and smoke pot as you would in any other bar while drinking a beer. That blew my mind.

However, Austin is also a melting pot of many races. Asian, Latin, White, 'some' Black. Considering that many focused on race issues for this race, I can see how Austin went majority blue. I pretty much figured that from the start. No guessing there.

The same is true for places like Dallas, Ft Worth, San An, and so forth.

Then I went to my home state, Louisiana and even though it's pretty much a sea of red, I did notice something pretty odd. All of LA's cities (I can say almost every one) had majority blue. Now, this blows my mind because I've lived in a few of those cities and I didn't see that at all.

Let's take Lake Charles, for example. It's a city in the way that the Beverly Hillbillies made it big and invited their entire lineage to move next door. So much so that what was once a small block of farmers ended up being a city of redneck, big wheeled truck driving, rebel flag toting, country music blaring, gun toting, beer drinking bowed up countryfied city folk. Nothing wrong with that. My X-wife was from...... errrr wait. Doh!!

So, seeing Lake Charles, filled with it's oil refineries and massive oil based businesses painted blue really surprised me. This city was made because of oil.

Looking over at Lafayette, another oil boom made city, the same thing. Now granted, I feel Lafayette is a little more civilized, I'm still surprised that it was as blue as it was.

Then, I looked over at a few really small cities around my home town and seen the same. Wow... Blue. Seriously? That just can't be right. All these tiny blue specs in this sea of red.

However, I did notice one thing which got me to wondering. In the areas I've mentioned in Louisiana, in which I grew up in at various stages of my life, I did recognize something that made sense, though even though it did, I'm still a little perplexed.

First, let me say that In Louisiana, the predominant race is white (if you consider it a race..) and black. In Texas, from what I've seen, it's mostly Latin and White.

So first I looked at my home 'town'. It only has around 1-2k people at most. It's VERY Cajun and countrified but technology caught up to some extent
. We have people who still live on the lake on their house boat till this very day. (Half of my family originated just that way all those years ago) I noticed the town was split red and blue which again blew my mind. But, I noticed also that the line was divided in a certain area. Back home, as many places, white and black neighborhoods are divided. When they say south of the tracks, that's seriously a real thing. South of the old tracks is where the black neighborhood is and north is majority white. Now... Before anyone says anything racist, we have a black projects and also a white projects so we have poor on both sides all the same. It's just the way things were done way back then where whites and blacks had to live apart. Today, this is still the same in every city and town I've been in. So I see, based on the map, blacks tended to vote democrat and whites tended to vote republican. This was also the same in the closes little cities. The division was the same. Also in Lake Charles and Lafayette. The worn down parts of the city seemed to vote democrat.

I guess it was a race of the haves and the have-nots? No, that can't be it because in the places I've mentioned and some I didn't, you have well off and not well off in the same general areas and those areas as a whole were red and blue divided. So perhaps that isn't the issue. Maybe it really is based on racial identity? I can only guess.

Still... As much as that notion pops out at me... I still can't believe that this is exactly what it is. That would mean that a majority of all races other than white live in the city. Meaning, there are more minorities in all cities than majorities or... Almost all minorities went dem and some white as well, while majority white voted republican.

It's all very confusing. Though... I'm almost on the bandwagon that it's really a conspiracy and someone said "Hey, lets jack all the votes and make it majority Dem in all the cities. That will allow us to win because there will be no turnout outside of cities and there are too few people in them anyways because it's countries and towns". If that's the case, someone didn't do their homework.

Whatever the case may be... It's interesting to think about. What is that major divide between American people? Is it Racial? Is it Wealth/Poverty? Is it hacking? Is it Russia? Who knows and honestly, I really don't know why I even care.

But... In other News.
Conservatives call for constitutional intervention last seen 230 years ago.

Oh man... I can't wait!

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Your pondering is thought provoking. I live outside of Austin and have looked at this map before and questioned the very thing. I don't know if I am right or wrong, but I think that people in cities have a more in your face experience with poverty and injustice and tend to want more for the people who have less. Outside of big cities you get seclusion from the suffering of others to a certain extent. We want the government to help all of us out, but that is really not realistic. Laws do help, however in the end it is us that have to make things better- one by one....

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

From your source.

It’s been more than 230 years since America’s last constitutional convention, but there is growing confidence in some conservative circles that the next one is right around the corner – and could spell disaster for entitlement programs like medicare and social security, as well court decisions like Roe v Wade.

Your source would be wrong about Republican views on social security.

he Republican Party gets a lot of criticism over the issue of Social Security. Many will state that Republicans are against Social Security as a whole. This is untrue. Republicans are against Social Security in the form that it currently exists

www.republicanviews.org...

The worn down parts of the city seemed to vote democrat.

Obviously because the Democratic leadership care about their constituents.

From your source.

Convention of States, with Alec’s support, is one of three prominent conservative groups pushing for a new constitutional convention. Under article V, if two-thirds of state legislatures so choose, they can force congress to convene such a meeting. On the agenda for Convention of States: an amendment to require a balanced budget, term limits for congress, repealing the federal income tax and giving states the power to veto any federal law, supreme court decision or executive order with a three-fifths vote from the states.

What part about this are you against or for? It will give States more power. Is that a good thing or bad?

edit on 12-8-2018 by highvein because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 01:39 AM
link   
It appears to me not to be about race per se more to do with wealth or lack of it. You did touch upon it yourself the poorer people (which tend to live in cities) will vote democrat or if like me you are from the UK then labour would get that vote labour being the liberal left party in the UK.

I believe the reason for this is liberal policy much more so than conservative is aimed towards helping the poorest by having higher taxes on those who are more able to afford it. Conservative policy seems more geared towards helping people help themselves by finding them work rather than social programs and hand outs which appear to me at least to win the liberal vote in both USA and the UK.

The problem is neither way works and until some genius comes up with an idea to find the middle ground (something I think may be impossible ) or a total revolution (the way things are very possible) then I fear the division continues.

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Everyone knows everyone in the country areas. Very hard to 'alter' votes.

In a city ... very easy to do. I am not saying that is the only reason but it could easily be done and much has come out to suggest that this is what is happening.

I have always said, Hillary lost because she was caught up in her own fantasy.

The fix was in and she still lost. She did not cheat enough!

P

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 03:50 AM
link   

I think a lot of people vote based on peer pressure.

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Very interesting intellectual exercise, I think it's all the above myself, environment and experience shaped our beliefs and politics, I remember during the standoff between govt, vs ranchers I had a very )difficult time seeing the point of view with all the seemly arcane laws about grazing rights and who should pay or not!, that having guns at a protest is OK in one situation but will turn hostile heads in another.
Maybe many rural folks cannot find common ground with us city folks for the same reasons..
Disclosure... Me a life long proud Newyorker from the republic of Brooklyn.
edit on 12-8-2018 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Minorities live in rural areas too.

I'd look towards Appeal To Groupthink, which the Republican Party does play that game too, but not like the Democrat Party. Their platform is "Collectivism" (AKA Groupthink), which this all also explains why it is the "liberals" run wild in the streets in large often violent bewildered herds ("protesting" they call it).

The key assumption at this juncture being that city folk likely are more naturally inclined towards herd mentality / more inherently prone to being coaxed into herd mentality.

join