It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our visitors.. how do they get here.. and one sleep deprived persons theory.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 07:03 AM
link   
www.brainyencyclopedia.com...
Please read first ^

Combining some knowledge of this lingering in my head somewhere and then a Science channel special in the beginning of the year about 2004 breakthroughs.. of which one feature was how scientist mananaged to create an exact copy of an atom.. out of the ether ... I started to wonder :O

Here we are making quantum particles add 2+2 and exacting copies of atoms... what would an alien species millions of years ahead of us be doing.

Perhaps these beings are not exactly leaving their home territory.... Imagine a whole ship, capable of traveling outside earth and in the atmoshere were projected using these methods, faster then light... as were the "crew" who are nicely fitted into sensory deprivation tanks back home as to prevent overlapping memory.
(Remember your not breaking the faster then light rule you're only going around it using another method)

How many people seem to have "encounters" that are "dream like" but very real... could this be that they are also projecting us... sleeping in our beds we are cut off to alot of outside stimuli but not all.... could experiancing... the bedroom and the sleep state + the "encounter" cause a overlapping experiance ... adding this confusion to our mind leaving many experiances clouded and dreamy.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 07:08 AM
link   
I'm a big believer that they have a observatary on the moon so that hop would be easy be hey this is only my belief .....

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 07:11 AM
link   
i was thinking there is a jumpjole on the dark side of the moon or somewhere in the solarsystem.

also, if there are alien races with advanced forms af space travel it is very likely they dont even have a homeworld, after all stars die all the time.

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I was a little upset I didn't get many comments on this many months ago.... even if just to say "you're a nut"

So I'll bump it for the heck of it

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 11:58 AM
link   
just a "What if".

What if they've been here all along but in a different dimension or different visual wavelenth that we could not see. And they now have the technology to not only see our demension/wavelength, but to transform themselves to our dimension/wavelength.

With this theory, they could live on mars but we don't have the technology to even know of their existence. Maybe they're only a few thousand years ahead of us in this technology and they're still experimenting and exploring the possibilities. This would take the whole distance thing out of the picture and would just rely on new technologies and confirmation of different dimensions (similar if not the same as Stephen Hawkings theories of multiple dimensions).

Just a thought.

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 04:37 PM
link   
like a phase shift, were you could phase out of this dimension and be able to travel through walls an everything yet see this dimension as you move.

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by PugMan
just a "What if".

What if they've been here all along but in a different dimension or different visual wavelenth that we could not see. And they now have the technology to not only see our demension/wavelength, but to transform themselves to our dimension/wavelength.

Sounds a lot like the justification for the Reptile theory.

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 08:49 PM
link   
The idea that other beings may "live" or travel using dimensions we do not are not justification for any one side of the issue. Other types of travel through space are just not sufficiant enough to sustain the theory that any extrateresstial has ever been.. or will ever..reach earth. So if they are "here" they must get here or "be" here by some yet unknown method.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I just read an article in the past couple of days talking about a theory that the universe is expanding faster than the speed of light. What if alien technology found a way to "grab" on to the edge and be pulled along at that speed. Kind of like Cosmic water skiing.

My best guess is that they don't come here very fast. A lot faster than what we currently go, but not all that fast in terms of getting from their planet to ours in Seconds, hours, or days. I figure it may take them 10 years to get here, but if their life spans are equivalent to 5000 human years, it may not seem like a very long time to them. It's all relative. We think a five minute drive is a quick drive, but say that to a fly whose life span is measured in hours. (not that the fly would speak or anything)

We could go to the next galaxy if we lived 1000 years or 5000 years or there abouts with very little advancement in technology (other than fuel requirements).

Is there a theory about the universe being able to shrink or expand with influence that doesn't involve worm holes?

new topics

top topics

join