It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bad Air Quality Days In China Is Equivalent To Smoking Three Packs Of Cigarettes!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I guess a pack and a half that is self administered is only half of what they have to inhale without smoking. At least I got nicotine in my personal smog. I feel healthier already.

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 03:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck
I guess a pack and a half that is self administered is only half of what they have to inhale without smoking. At least I got nicotine in my personal smog. I feel healthier already.

I doubt there's really any comparison between cigarette smoke and Chinese smog. It's just the usual environmentalist hand-wringing. If there was really any comparison, half the people in China will have some kind of cancer within 30 years. I doubt that will happen.

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Lived in China for 12 years this coming October. I've been in Beijing and Tianjin at times when you couldn't see across a 4 lane road during the middle of the day.

The CCP don't care about pollution until it becomes a big problem which it is now and when people complain that there are clouds of pollution inside Shanghai malls then they start to pay attention. I remember many episodes where the US Embassy was publishing AQI readings of over 500 and the local gov't was saying only 300 or 200 even. Totally crazy. They ordered the embassy not to post that info which they promptly ignored just like when they placed banners in support of gay pride on the side of the Guangzhou embassy.

Wonder what my lungs look like these days... I can run a 10k without issue so they must be good shape. Maybe it was all that island air when I lived in the PacRim areas.

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Air Pollution? Thats nothin! Carbon Dioxide is all anyone should pay any attention to.

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   

A two-child policy now, since 2015

It doesn't matter, my point is huge populations cause severe problems, and our country is trying to emulate China instead of learning lessons from it's problems.

And yes they have capitalism, at least for the capitalists, who are running the factories, even though officially it's a communist country.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join