It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baby Boomers Going Bankrupt at Record Levels

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: schuyler

yeah let's just ignore all the economic data for rhetoric and sticking to a narrative

I've seen the economic data. Millennials pissed way their advantage by being cavalier and assuming everything would come to them automatically with no exertion on their part. Instead of taking responsibility, they blame their parents. Enjoy your job at McDonalds.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

The top part of the spectrum is getting smaller and smaller. But people keep believing everything is peachy.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: schuyler

yeah let's just ignore all the economic data for rhetoric and sticking to a narrative

I've seen the economic data. Millennials pissed way their advantage by being cavalier and assuming everything would come to them automatically with no exertion on their part. Instead of taking responsibility, they blame their parents. Enjoy your job at McDonalds.

bahaha, I love it when people like you come into a thread and act as examples

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

The top part of the spectrum is getting smaller and smaller. But people keep believing everything is peachy.

well it's hard to see, a large portion of people are being worked to death, they don't have time or energy to care, other people are on drugs and others just totally distract themselves and tune out

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Twelve percent of bankruptcies are filed by boomers?

You aren't going to address the other 88%? Who are they?

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   

When politicians are trusted for fixing it in today's world, this is what the people get.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   

How I would really like to respond to this thread would be in
violation of T&C rules!

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
Twelve percent of bankruptcies are filed by boomers?

You aren't going to address the other 88%? Who are they?

don't know, didn't look into it

I would think the right way to look at it would be to see if there is a dramatic increase and by how much and how fast

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

When politicians are trusted for fixing it in today's world, this is what the people get.

this is the main problem is people are taught to rely on government for solutions rather than on themselves. we have a big problem with the government STEALING all of our money and managing it for us rather than letting the market work

I create a long thread on how the Kensyian model of economics has been destroying us since FDR

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth

How I would really like to respond to this thread would be in
violation of T&C rules!

awe, don't be a snowflake. boomers are tough they can handle a little criticism, it's how they generally treat everyone around them anyway

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I'm a boomer, was retired and lost everything in 08. Blessing in disguise. Living the dream now....

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

08 was especially bad for a lot of people in SoCal I don't think it has ever been as good as it was prior to 08, the cost of living wasn't anywhere near as high and there was an opportunity behind every blade of grass, you had to try not to make money

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   
My dad is a Boomer. He is one of the kindest, hardest workers you will ever meet. He was ean engineer so he was high intelligence, but never really great with finances.

I find it isgusting that you take pleasure when bad things happen to these people. They worked hard their whole lives and played by the rules Now you disrespectful twits want to disparage people has accomplished more than your useless generation will ever accomplish.

I hope people treat you like you do this elder generation when you reach your golden years. Karma is a bitch and payback is coming.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

maybe you guys should take a look in the mirror

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   

I had to do a little research first,now I am back...
Hand held mobile phones were invented in 1973.I graduated from high school in 1973.
I didn't get my first cellphone until 2002! The last time I went to the theater to watch
a movie was Titanic in 1996! I do live within my means and when I had to,I went back
to work at age 61.
I was doing physical labor and was working harder than someone 3x's younger than me.
I came home from work and then had to cook dinner,clean house,pay bills and take care
of my husband.
I paid extra on my mortgage every month for years and I don't owe as much now because
of it.I dropped my pay television a few years ago and watch free tv.I will have my internet
as long as the net is still available.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

Yeah those points were not really serious.

Thats just what my age group is told. You guys dont like that kind of indifference and rhetoric guess what.

You get what you give.
edit on 11-8-2018 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I'm a boomer. Smack dab in the middle of my g...g...g...generation.
Doing ok so far. 10 years from now. Not so sure.

Maybe I'll die before that.

edit on 8/11/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

The real thing is that we are all a lot more connected than people want to believe. A lot of people think they live on an island(I know you actually do lol)

We all have a lot more in common than you think. This system and society is very fragile and we will suffer together
edit on 11-8-2018 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   

changed my mind.
edit on 11-8-2018 by mamabeth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Personally, I think this is a deflection thread to make Millenials feel better about themselves...loosing.

They want to feel justified, and not feel guilty for sitting on Mom's basement couch as long as they did. So they cling to some bogus story about Baby Boomers declaring bankruptcy to justify their own shortcomings!

How's that for an assessment?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join