It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[TCD 2018] No Regrets

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Jason was a handsome middle class man, filled with compassion and love for his fellow man. Anna was a beautiful wealthy woman who inherited every dime from her billionaire Parents and never worked a day in her life. It was completely by chance that they met through a mutual friend.

At first she appeared so charming and sweet and lovely in every way, but that wasn't Anna at all. He found out soon enough that this raven haired beauty was not as she appeared to be. Not once did she donate to the poor or any good cause. Life was about her, what she wanted, when she wanted it. When questioned about it, she would throw her head back and laugh. "I don't concern myself with such things. There are places and things to discover, an entire world of adventures to be had." Her ice cold heart repulsed him.

He played on her emotions and gained her trust and love. It took some time, but she finally allowed him into her life and eventually they married. Every chance that he could, he would squirrel money away, feed the hungry, built homes for those who had none. He offered help in every way he could, paying medical bills of those who couldn't afford life saving operations or medications. He helped the children, the elderly and everyone in between.

One day Anna discovered what he had been doing with 'her' money and was outraged. "How dare you!" She would scream at him. "And without my permission. How could you?" Jason stared deeply into her emerald eyes. "I never loved you. How could I or anyone else?" he said calmly. "You disgust me with your greed and non existent love for anything but yourself. Being with you all these years has been torture to me!" He slowly pulled the revolver from it's hidden place beneath his suit coat, aimed and pulled the trigger, silencing her cold heart forever.

Jason was caught and put on trial. He knew he would be found guilty, but he could live with that knowing how many lives he had affected with his good deeds, how much happiness and joy he brought to the hopeless souls who lived lives of darkness, grief and longing. When he was sentenced, he smiled. He had already been in a prison far worse by being with Anna. Now Jason found peace and left behind a legacy of love for the unfortunate. He had no regrets.
edit on 11-8-2018 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Nicely done!

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Great story, Night. Happy you decided to enter.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Yours too Hun! Gave you a star and flag.

Thank you!

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Thank you so much Sheye! My muse was on vacation I think. Did this for the fun of it and to challenge my brain to work. LOL

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 05:06 PM
link   

That cold-hearted wench had it coming. Great job !!

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   
"The long con". Nice one NS. S+F

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Tarzan the apeman.

I know right?

Thank you!

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: DictionaryOfExcuses

Thank you, much appreciated!

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   

ouch, what a bitch she must have been. but still, i'm not sure i understand that man either. it keeps me in knots and agitation to read these crime defending stories.

good to read some writings from you again.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: lucia2389

ouch, what a bitch she must have been. but still, i'm not sure i understand that man either. it keeps me in knots and agitation to read these crime defending stories.

good to read some writings from you again.

In some ways, I was thinking the same. He saw what she was, and married her anyhow .. why ?.. was he a gold digger for good deeds. 😏

Still a good story, but I give the man a fail for marrying her.
edit on 11-8-2018 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: lucia2389

Thank you Hun!

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   

LOL! Sort of like Robin Hood.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

LOL! Sort of like Robin Hood.

Ok.. that makes more sense. Lol.

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 04:08 AM
link   

A beaut story NS. Classy.

cheers,

bally

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Great take on the theme.

I can neither star nor flag this, I pm'd a mod, so hopefully I can sort that out.
I would quite like to read the backstory of Anna, to see the way she lost her humanity. Probably one for another competition though

Flagged
edit on 20pSun, 12 Aug 2018 06:38:20 -050020182018-08-12T06:38:20-05:00kAmerica/Chicago31000000k by SprocketUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Hey girl glad to see you back and around with a good story !! S&F

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Great story telling Night Star !
Humanity and sacrifice.
I am glad he " silenced her cold heart forever "

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Nice one, Night Star!

If I were Jason I would have used her money to escape to Samoa afterward.

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Nice story NS. S + F

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join