It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wireless Headset - Choppy sound

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I bought a Binatone Wireless Headset, it comes with a transmitter to plug in the USB port. It sounds choppy, I think I tried almost everything but still have the problem. Any idea?

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Firstly binatone are pretty poor and cheap (in my humble opinion) secondly it could well be interference from your other usb plug ins....I had same problem with my headset being interfered with by my bluetooth dongle. Plugged headset into front usb and problem solved

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport

Firstly binatone are pretty poor and cheap (in my humble opinion) secondly it could well be interference from your other usb plug ins....I had same problem with my headset being interfered with by my bluetooth dongle. Plugged headset into front usb and problem solved

Yeah, I know Binatone is cheap but I already had one before and didn't have that problem. I tried to plug it into the front too, same problem.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Have you tried different ports? My laptop has 3.0 and 2.0 ports and I know when I plug my Rocksmith cable into a 3.0 port it's all static. Plugged into a 2.0 and it's fine.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman
I bought a Binatone Wireless Headset, it comes with a transmitter to plug in the USB port. It sounds choppy, I think I tried almost everything but still have the problem. Any idea?

This may sound odd but go get HMDX CRAZE wireless earphones. The sound quality is actually very good and the battery life is about 6hrs. They are around 24 doll hairs most drugstores. I got a pair after I saw my boy Baker Mayfield wearing a pair during warmup.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Admitted
Have you tried different ports? My laptop has 3.0 and 2.0 ports and I know when I plug my Rocksmith cable into a 3.0 port it's all static. Plugged into a 2.0 and it's fine.

Yes, I did that but didn't work.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

This may sound odd but go get HMDX CRAZE wireless earphones. The sound quality is actually very good and the battery life is about 6hrs. They are around 24 doll hairs most drugstores. I got a pair after I saw my boy Baker Mayfield wearing a pair during warmup.

Before I buy another headset I want to be sure the problem is not the computer.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   

I find that wireless headsets just suck.

I have some bluetooth ones that for whatever reason have issues.

I think it's the usb 2.0 port doesn't have enough bandwidth.

You may need a usb 3.0 card.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

Before I buy another headset I want to be sure the problem is not the computer.

It could be that you are wearing them incorrectly. Try to see if that is the problem before you return them. The YouTube works very well for figuring these things out. Best of luck to ya
edit on 2/19/2013 by Allaroundyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Laptop or desktop ?
USB 2.1 , 3 , 3.1 ?
DO other devices work in the USB port with no problem ?

Defrag the HDD and check free space as the sound is cached by the system

1) Power supply ,fan , or hard drive going out in system giving off electro-magnetic interference
2) Defective headset
3) Not likely a USB port , though it is possible . Check device manager (Google how to tell the power used by a USB port)
4) Audio chipset problem

The only things I know of.

edit on 8/11/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/11/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Not sure if it's related or not, but I've noticed my BT headphone audio sounds choppy when I move too far away from the device it's linked to. Leave my phone in the living room and go to the kitchen or out on the front porch and the choppiness begins.

Maybe too much interference from all the other wireless gizmos and gadgets around the house and the signal starts getting lost, or just too weak a signal because of distance.

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Could be from intermittent power, try replacing the batteries.

posted on Aug, 24 2018 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Maybe there's a partial disconnection/interruption in the signal between your phone and headset.

top topics

join