It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

so my neighbor who i have never met asked me to call the cops

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

I would not call them but I might offer the use of my phone.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
big fat nope on that one

i have never talked to her. just see her hobbling around

we call her grandma death. she has 1 tooth and wears a moo moo

she just knocked.

i was wondering if you could call the cops. the county though not the city??

i said why

she said my sister has stolen my driver license.

i said i dont want to get involved. see ya

what would you do?

she threatened to call the cops on my son last time he came to visit cause he parked in her spot. we dont have assigned spots here

i think she just like to call the cops

county though. not city

I think a lot of people are missing couple things, age and respect don't go along by default, if the lady has been acting bad to neighbors and not being nice then how can she expect for other people to be nice to her once she needs help?

If someone is not close to you and you have treated that person bad in the past, how can you except to just suddenly get help and attention from that person if you have in the past being bad to that person? The lady has acted up badly before but now she needs help so she thinks she can ask and receive it without even an apology first from her past behavior

I don't know, i know that if i was treated badly before and this happen i would take my invisible phone and dial and say there is no answer sorry and then close the door slowly while looking to her eyes as the door slowly closes

But also maybe the old lady was confused, i can think of a few reasons, like for example trying to explain the other sister took the license and drove the car away while not being stable and could probably kill someone but the old lady is having trouble communicating that, or having issues remember exactly why it is important to let someone else know that the sister has run away with the car

I don't know, mixed feelings and all that but i think you were a bit too hard on her, maybe a couple questions first then slam the door if it turns out she just thinks you must serve whatever need she has?

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I am so glad your not my neighbor.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I've had a similar situation happen to me but it was a homeless man saying he needed an ambulance. I knew he didn't really need one but told him I'd call for him. He was probably just looking for a place to sleep and breakfast in jail. Whatever. Cops took him. If they had an empty cell more power to him.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Wow such a nice guy.

I see posts like this in the off topic forum, and then all the sudden it makes sense why some people are so nasty in the other forums.

It costs nothing to help someone

Our society is doomed

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

the only real reason I have ever seen you give for hating a certain world leader is "hes a dick"..

Maybe you have a little more in common with him then you think..

yeah.
we are both dicks.

that your only point?

i dont run the nation though. who cares if some scrub like me is a dick?
the president is different

The moral outrage is interesting in this thread....
Sometimes the world needs a dick

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: SailorJerry
Wow such a nice guy.

I see posts like this in the off topic forum, and then all the sudden it makes sense why some people are so nasty in the other forums.

Our society is doomed

Nobody is required to do squat for people that make your skin crawl or set off red flags. Instincts are there for a reason.

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 01:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: SailorJerry
Wow such a nice guy.

Our society is doomed

Nobody is required to do squat for people that make your skin crawl or set off red flags. Instincts are there for a reason.

- "Let me in please"
- Me looks into the completely black eyes of the ten year old girl and say.. No
- "Please. Let. Me. In"
- I said no, go away
- Let me innn
- No!
-Leeeeeeet. meeeeeee. innnnnnnnnnnnn!
-Nooooooooooo!
- I'm going to eat your soul and liver while you're still alive!
- Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Damn black eyed people always trying to eat our souls

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Someone let me use their phone;

once.
edit on 12-8-2018 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 02:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

Someone let me use their phone;

once.

Well that was brutal, thanks for the bad memories, i know it does not matter as no one could know before hand but yep f*k this

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 06:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

The moral outrage is interesting in this thread....
Sometimes the world needs a dick

right?

best part is look who is outraged and then look at some of the # they post.

pretty funny

such a terrible person for not wanting to get involved in a strangers bull# drama.

not like the woman was dying.

but we are doomed cause people like you who wont call the cops for a stranger cause some bull#.

pretty funny

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 06:16 AM
link   
There is another element to consider, and it's happened to me a few times in life, "Cling-ons", and not the Star Trek type, I mean those who you help once, then they are knocking regularly thinking you are their friend or something.
I had a neighbour like that once, she had some learning dificulties and I helped her out once then she plagued me most days over minor issues.
I ended up lying to her saying that I suffer anxiety and get scared when people knock my door so please only call me if it is an emergency. She understood thankfully and left me alone after that, but I did feel sorry for her, she was obviously lonely and jumped at the chance of any friendly human interaction.
...can't save the world though.

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

thats another good point.

i still say getting the neighbors who you have never said a single word to to call the cops is for emergency #.
not some drama between sisters over a license.

her desire for me to call the police for some non emergency thing is not more important than my desire for privacy and to not be involved.

you shouldnt get involved in peoples drama. thats just how i feel.

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I get ya!
...and to be fair, I'm lucky I have 8 foot high stone walls surrounding my front yard with same height thick (castle type) wooden gates which I lock when I don't want to be bothered. You can't even get to my front door without scaling the walls lol
I had a neighbour knock the other day, wanted to borrow jump leads because his battery was flat on his car. No problem because we've spoken in the street a few times, I only know his first name but he's free to knock for something minor...if my yard gates aren't locked of course.

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
I only know his first name but he's free to knock for something minor...if my yard gates aren't locked of course.

i had that with people before. the right neighbor with the right attitude for borrowing #.

if we only chat over the hedge here and there for 1 minutes and wave and ask to borrow a tool once a year dont ask me to call the #in cops or get involved in any sort of drama

thats when im tapping out.

i seen way too much crazy # when domestic drama is involved. i am not talking insane abuse.
just things like this.

call the cops please. so i do

then in a week it happens again or the next day the sister is bitching at me in the parking lot for me calling the cops on her when the lady was just crazy.

i dont need that # around.

the more i think about it i handled it the way most people would handle it if it were a person you had not said a single word to and wasnt an emergency.

people just come in with their moral outrage and as most often i think its fake.

people saying glad im not their neighbor. im the best neighbor.
i dont have parties. i dont make noise. i dont knock on their door. my kid does not go in their yard.
im the best neighbor.

just leave me alone unless youre dying and even then, make it fast.

you can call tyrone.... but you cant use my phone

hahahahahahah
edit on 12-8-2018 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I won't say I'm the best neighbour lol, we've had parties through to dawn many a time, but only on weekends, and I am kind of tolerated by the posh neighbours.
I live in a street of millionaires, it's like that in my area, rich and poor are integrated with each other, there are no 'ghettos'. The house across the street is on the market for 2 million, but my 200 year old converted stone cattle shed little house is probably worth only £150,000, got a nice sea view though lol.

I'm tolerated by the neighbours because whenever we get 'street drinkers' or heroine users thinking they can congregate here it's usually me, my son, and another 'poor' male neighbour who kicks their arses out to someone else's street.
The posh neighbours like us for that because they are too timid to do it themselves...a symbiotic neighbour relationship if you like lol, but it works.

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   
"The milk of human kindness does not run in your veins." Shakespeare, "Macbeth"

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   

a reply to: seeker1963

ok

1 tooth and a moo moo.
yup

also threatened to call the cops on my kid for a non issue and having your license taken by your sister is no reason to get the neighbors involved.

you wouldnt call the cops. i didnt call the cops.
youre just trying to pick at some # cause i made fun of her.

her appearance has nothing to do with me not calling either.

neighbors getting involved are for emergencies.
friends with the neighbor. thats different

this kind of #

get off my lawn
#clnteastwood

Call me old fashioned but I don’t see that as a reason to snub her at least you could have tried to take the high road and try to be a better person I would have asked if she didn’t know the number (not in a smart arse way, give the lady some credit and assume she doesn’t have the number to the sheriffs office memorized as to not bog down 911 with more unnecessary calls) maybe she doesn’t use google and doesn’t have the number in which case you write it down for her and she can go call. If she needs to use your phone I’d look up and dial the non emergency number and hand her the phone to make the call. That way you know that they’re calling who they say they are and aren’t going to be calling 911 for BA on your phone. This is all from the humble opinion of a goof so take as you may but we all need to treat elders with a modicum of respect, you never know what your parents or you might be treated one day by continuing the cycle of not respecting elders.

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: BigDave-AR

i see what youre saying but i dont subscribe to the respect them and/or do # for them just cause theyre elders.

theyre still people.

i am not saying never do anything for a grandma in need.
when i am at walmart if she needs her fiber off the top shelf i lend a hand.

there is a thing as taking privacy serious too. i value being left alone.

even if he license got taken that is not an emergency for her to come as me for anything.

someone tried to get all outraged in this thread cause she would not be able to get her medicine or drive a car or omg SHE MIGHT DIE.

she for sure lives with 2 other people.
for sure neither of them are her sister.
the people she lives with can help her with the police.

this is not some situation of a little ole granny all by herself with nobody around.
she lives with 2 people

i see her driving her grand am all the time

i see her walking blocks away from where we live when i am coming or going.

she is not helpless.
she gets around.
she lives with people.

dont bother me with #.

different than a helpless old woman

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Never, ever get involved with law enforcement unless absolutely necessary. Things can spiral out of control in a heartbeat and you can be involved in a cluster**** that was never any of your business in the first place.

edit on 12-8-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join