It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

so my neighbor who i have never met asked me to call the cops

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Your neighbor seems off to me. Something's not right there, and I don't mean mentally. The situation seems fishy on her end.

I'd have asked why she couldn't use her own phone, because nobody touches mine, and it's not used for frivolity, period. I pre-pay and don't go overboard on it, and unless you're bleeding out or a house is on fire, I'm not using it for anything not an obvious emergency. Uptight folks in the thread can just deal.

I don't believe she doesn't have her own phone, most older folks still have at least a landline. Although, our elderly neighbor is very tech savvy for her age (90) and has wifi, a gaming laptop, a tablet and a smartphone. Next on her list is an Occulus Rift (you go, granny!) Still has her landline (corded phone!!) for power outages in case something goes wrong with her cell.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   
She probably wanted you to call because she has called in all sort of false alarms to the cops in the past. The city cops will probably not even come anymore, the Sheriff department might come, but it would be better if you call or they may not come. I would have asked her why she doesn't call, evidently she has a phone, tell her you will dial it for her.

She probably misplaced her drivers license or it may have been taken away by the city cops....call the county ones.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Instead of getting a toucan, just ask your birdbrain neighbor over more often

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I understand what you mean by being stressed out by people knocking on your door. I am the same. Even before I see who is knocking I start muttering " go away!" I seriously considered at one time to hang a sign on my door "you are not welcome here". But I have a family who have friends, I have some friends of my own so occasionally I have to accept people in the house

But old people I always try to hear them out and help them. Yes they are weird, absurd, almost always deaf, they sometimes believe everybody is conspiring against them and so on because...they are old. They seem lonely and helpless most of the time and I just cannot ignore them. The other day I had an old lady I never talk to stopping to talk with me in russian - a language completely foreign to me. By the tone and expression she was telling me something interesting she believed I have to know. So I let her talk, I nodded and approved her as I saw appropriate and when she finished with a smile I smiled too and said goodbye. Didn't cost me a thing but she probably went on believing she did something useful. It means so much to them, when they feel so meaningless and not needed.

I don't like people much but old people are an exception. Probably because I can see myself as one of them in a few years time. Or because every time I meet one I cannot wonder which kind of elder I will be, what kind of dementia or senility will I have. IF I get that far.
So probably I would have tried to help your neighbor even with the grunge that she once called the cops on my kid.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

I get where you are coming from.

I had an older neighbor (opioid addict) call the cops on my son and his friend because, get this, my sons friend threw a goldfish cracker at her door and she claimed it scared her granddaughter (who spits st people) was afraid. The same granddaughter I saw riding a skateboard in the neighborhood at 12:00 last night by herself.

What Pam-I-am didn’t expect was the officer to take my sons friends side.

She actually wanted to get a restraining order on 13 year olds. My son was in my apt, his friend did run by her door to let his younger brother in because the doors are locked. More than likely he might have spilled a couple of goldfish because he was like a bull in a china shop kind of kid. Sweet but messy.

I won’t look at her, as far as I’m concerned you mess with my kid your ghost.

Mess with him twice watch your ass!

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

something is off.

i think she is maybe just thinking her sister took it.
i see them all come and go all the time. it is her and a man and woman half her age.
i am guessing her kid/kid in law

no sister there

we have been here a year and have never seen anyone else come or go. no other cars.

a couple weeks ago we heard yelling and fighting outside and the younger lady was walking down the street screaming # back to their house to the older lady.

they just have home problems and i dont want to get involved in it.

i also thought like ricky said. i think she may have wanted me to call cause she calls too much.
she specified county, not city.

no matter how i slice it i just dont want to be involved in other peoples #

if she was all busted up or frantic or clearly hurt i would have called. i dont want people hurt.
not even grandma death

but i drivers license

like trump says'

gettum outta heyaaaaa

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   
you should have told her " you better go look in a mirror, I think she stole your teeth too!"

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
you should have told her " you better go look in a mirror, I think she stole your teeth too!"

looking back there were much better responses.

i should have opened the door and looked shocked and aghast with horror at the sight in front of me

or just been like chris d elia and said NAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   

There seems to be a lot of judgments made by people who read half of one half of a story.

With all the neighbors to choose from, why did she go to someone with whom she's already alienated? If she's in a stable mindset, that begs the question "Are you the least alienated of all of her neighbors?"

That she would come to you after having called the cops on your child before seems odd to me. You are within your right to feel uneasy by the whole situation and want to distance yourself from it all.

Don't let the self-righteous egocentric need of other to display their 'superiority' get you down.

As someone selectively said early, Karma comes back around; however, it seems they subscribe to the bastardized version of 'some sort of daily, hourly, secondly repercussions to one's negative actions all within this life' as opposed to the original 'Karma is part of the cycle of birth and rebirth and the repercussions of your actions in this life carry over to the next'

Sidenote for some: It is actually illegal in most places to be in possession of another person's identification.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: wtfatta

she didnt call but she threatened.

i just dont want to get involved in peoples #.

i never claimed to be an awesome neighbor or the type that will help anyone with anything.

i will help if i deem it necessary but for the most part i want to be left alone.
i am not obligated to help.

nobody is getting me down. i just think a few are trying to poke at me by insinuating #.

i just like to see how other people would handle situations compared to me

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   
We don't call the cops where I come from.
Crazy can take its ass on down the road.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   

the only real reason I have ever seen you give for hating a certain world leader is "hes a dick"..

Maybe you have a little more in common with him then you think..

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Because she's an old lady asking for help, and I'm friendly.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

the only real reason I have ever seen you give for hating a certain world leader is "hes a dick"..

Maybe you have a little more in common with him then you think..

yeah.
we are both dicks.

that your only point?

i dont run the nation though. who cares if some scrub like me is a dick?
the president is different

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I wonder if this would be a thread if the woman in question were an Immigrant of some kind.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454
I wonder if this would be a thread if the woman in question were an Immigrant of some kind.

i dont understand what youre getting at.

and for that matter how do you know she is not?

if youre trying to hint that i would handle things differently i wouldnt

so what are you getting at cause i really dont know?

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

i dont understand what youre getting at.

and for that matter how do you know she is not?

if youre trying to hint that i would handle things differently i wouldnt

so what are you getting at cause i really dont know?

I wasn't trying to hint at anything. I wondered plainly.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   
If some one stole my license and I was elderly and had no phone, I'd freaking HOPE someone would be human to let me use their phone to call the police. I'd be unable to drive to get food, life saving meds, not to mention what potential crimes could be done in my name via another having stolen my license that has all my identification on it.

HELL yeah I'd help a neighbor. We need to start to remember what it means to be Human.

Compassion.
Empathy.
Love.
Being helpful.
Selfless.
Showing concern.
Giving dignity.
Giving a helping hand /ear

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: sarra1833

i would just drive to the police station.
im an old lady
someone would help me

wardaddy

understood. my fault

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 07:24 PM
link   
You got enough on your plate, you dont need an extra helping of her stuff.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join