It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A team of Mexican commandos kill dozens along the U.S.-Mexico border

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by cruzion
why on earth would they want to come here if they had everything they wanted there?
the depths to which youve meditated over this quandry leaves me gasping in astonishment.
your lucidations should serve as the benchmark for future generations.
your as bright as a moonless night.

Yet another emotional outcry from the "challenged".

What aprt of "illegal" don't you understand. What part of drain on the economy don't you get?

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Wait wait a minute, so people from another country should be shot because some army guys went rogue?
There are plenty of cases from around the world of countries militaries doing this.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Personally I don't see what dr Horacid is doing on this site.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I don't get any 'drain on the economy' theory.
I would adore to here your erudite and sophisticated explanation.
My silly ass had always believed that people working was a good thing for capitalism!
And we all know how many illegal immigrant CEO's there are, with their huge multi-million dollar paychecks and stock returns,, and fat-cat bonus's and golden handshakes, right?
So please, enlighten me with your vision of the immigrant as a drain.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by cruzion
I don't get any 'drain on the economy' theory.
I would adore to here your erudite and sophisticated explanation.
My silly ass had always believed that people working was a good thing for capitalism!
And we all know how many illegal immigrant CEO's there are, with their huge multi-million dollar paychecks and stock returns,, and fat-cat bonus's and golden handshakes, right?
So please, enlighten me with your vision of the immigrant as a drain.

"Immigration is a net drain on the economy; corporate interests reap the benefits of cheap labor, while taxpayers pay the infrastructural cost. FAIR research shows "the net annual cost of immigration has been estimated at between $67 and $87 billion a year. The National Academy of Sciences found that the net fiscal drain on American taxpayers is between $166 and $226 a year per native household. Even studies claiming some modest overall gain for the economy from immigration ($1 to $10 billion a year) have found that it is outweighed by the fiscal cost ($15 to $20 billion a year) to native taxpayers."

$60 billion dollars are earned by illegal aliens in the U.S. each year. One of Mexico's largest revenue streams (after exports and oil sales) consists of money sent home by legal immigrants and illegal aliens working in the U.S. Economists say this will help Mexico reduce its $17.8 billion defecit and may bolster the peso. $10 billion dollars are sent back to Mexico annually, according to the Pew Hispanic Center, reported in an Associated Press article, up $800 million from the previous year. ($9 billion dollars were previously sent back annually, according to a September 25, 2002 NPR report). That figure equals what Mexico earns annually from tourism. This massive transfer of wealth from America - essentially from America's displaced working poor - goes directly to Mexico. "

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
Personally I don't see what dr Horacid is doing on this site.

Can you add to this discussion or just scream at me?

The view if illegals is broken down into two basic catagories. Those who view the illegals as poor people looking for jobs and those who do not. My interjection of the Type 1 and Type 2 was an attempt to provide clarification of that issue.

When attacked for being an "evil" republican I try not to respond. There are times when it is appropriate.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I think Doc is frustrated at the terrible job protecting our boarders that Bush is doing. He is expressing frustration in a way that helps him deal with his emotions on the subject. I will admit that the statement about shooting all illegals may have been very insinsitive, but I will agree that the illegals should ALL be rounded up and shipped home....Their home. There is a drain on the economy due to the illegals, whether some of you will admit or not is irrelavant. It is there.

It is NOT the responsibility of this country to care for illegal immigrants. That would be the job of their homland government.

But this thread was originally about the rogue band of mexican bandits committing a crime on American soil. Something we seem to forget when it is so easy to knock someone for their opinions.

[edit on 2/23/05 by Kidfinger]

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 07:49 AM
link   
It's about going off topic in your own entry post in your own thread.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
It's about going off topic in your own entry post in your own thread.

????????????? What? Please enlighten me.

Zetas are illegals..Yes?

They a murdering people inside the US.....Yes?

My opinion stopping the crossing of the border is very important. Hunting down all illegals and shooting them was not my intent. I did not say "sight" I said on "site" ie, when the cross the border, stop them, by all means necessary. The coyote's are the real evil. Now the Zeta's too.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Actually good Dr, btw are you doctor or is that just for show?
The problem is drug problem therefore under the DEA, ATF and FBI since all three are respobsible for protecting the citizens from the enemy/criminals.

So tell me why is the current gov not ordering these forces or giveing THEM several more billion dollars?

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp

So tell me why is the current gov not ordering these forces or giveing THEM several more billion dollars?

Because Bush is spending all the money on a frivilous war. We dont have enough left over to protect our own boarders properly.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kidfinger
Because Bush is spending all the money on a frivilous war. We dont have enough left over to protect our own boarders properly.

As a US sergeant in iraq once said , "good job son, now some one get this guy a cigar...."
10 Points for kid.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
Actually good Dr, btw are you doctor or is that just for show?
The problem is drug problem therefore under the DEA, ATF and FBI since all three are respobsible for protecting the citizens from the enemy/criminals.

Yes, I have two Phd's.

Next, money sin't the answer to drugs. The drug "cartel" have billions to spend to defeat all law enforcement. The end "user' is the issue. Simple supply meeting demand.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I find it very interesting we are so quick to blame illegals for this and that , but we are just fine when the same illegals making our refried beans and tacos at the local mexican eatry, or when they are picking our oranges

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ohplease
I find it very interesting we are so quick to blame illegals for this and that , but we are just fine when the same illegals making our refried beans and tacos at the local mexican eatry, or when they are picking our oranges

Umm........ Dont lump me in with you generalizations please. I am of the opinion that if you are an illegal, then you should go back to where you came from. I dont care what job you are doing. THere is a legal American that would be more than happy to fill the positions left open. Our unemployment is at record high levels. How many illegals have jobs that legal American citizens could benifit from? Lots.

DW,
Thanks for the props
I dont smoke cigars, but I'll take a pack of Camel Ultra Lights

[edit on 2/23/05 by Kidfinger]

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by ohplease

Sorry, but "who's" fine with illegals? I'm not............If "they" are illegal..box'em up and ship'em back..........

[edit on 23-2-2005 by DrHoracid]

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I guess they got to keep the way into the US clear for the illeagles that come here to be drug dealers its a big misconception that they all come here to work the farms lol and I doubt its farmers that fund these guys

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid
Next, money sin't the answer to drugs. The drug "cartel" have billions to spend to defeat all law enforcement. The end "user' is the issue. Simple supply meeting demand.

Why? its harder to find the users than the dealers.
You still havent answered my question...

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 09:14 AM
link   
every single person in america is an immigrant or a decendant of an immigrant. if it wasnt for immigrants led zepplin would have never written the immigrant song for crying out loud.

ok on a serious note, if you can sterotype that well you should get a job as a cop, law enforcement needs more people like you. maybe even border patrol.

as far as the drugs coming in, thats too bad. if drugs were legal this would not happen, and less people would use them. but since GW is BANKIN off this, it will continue, gaurenteed.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by jprophet420

as far as the drugs coming in, thats too bad. if drugs were legal this would not happen, and less people would use them. but since GW is BANKIN off this, it will continue, gaurenteed.

Amsterdam is a good model of a legalized drug trade. Imagine the money of taxes our government would make of a pack of Marijuana cigerettes. sell them for 8 dollars a pack with a 4 dollar tax added on. Pow, instant end to our national deficit.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join