It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OMG, Cthulhu is Nearly Here..... FINALLY!!!! O/ yaaayyyy :)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Well fellow gamers, the FANTASTIC Call of Cthulhu game has finally got a release date and pre-order availability.

It was supposed to be released LAST DECEMBER and I was waiting with baited breath to get it for Christmas. Disaster!, it wasn't released, but was said to be out in January. Again the excitement grew, I checked weekly for any news, and January came and went and NO NEWS!!!! I was devastated once again. Months went by, each time I checked there was no news, nothing, nada, zip! How many bugs could there be in a game that was about to launch last December for it to take all this time to sort???

Anyway, I am ecstatic to have found that it is finally at pre-order level with a release date of 30th October 2018 o/ YAAAYYYYY.

I played the old game Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth and it was brilliant. So this new game with fantastic graphics is going to be awesome. I think I feel a holiday from work coming on for the first week of November.

Call of Cthulhu website

edit on 11-8-2018 by CthulhuMythos because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Daaayyyummmm.

Now THAT'S a video game trailer....

When I was growing up, there were very few authors that could heeb me out as quickly as Lovecraft.

Considering that, can you even IMAGINE how that guy's mind works?

I bet you dollars to donuts that there are some dark places in THAT guy's mind.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: MteWamp

Oh yeah, totally agree! Can you imagine how creepy this game would be on a 3D full immersion headset?

I remember when watching the film Dagon, how scary the 'escape from the hotel room' scene was, purely because I had played the game with that exact same scene in it (failing miserably quite a few times coz the timing was very tight for escape) and my anxiety at the escape went right back to game mode just watching the film lol. Funny how your body works, even when it is not in reality.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: CthulhuMythos
a reply to: MteWamp

Oh yeah, totally agree! Can you imagine how creepy this game would be on a 3D full immersion headset?

I remember when watching the film Dagon, how scary the 'escape from the hotel room' scene was, purely because I had played the game with that exact same scene in it (failing miserably quite a few times coz the timing was very tight for escape) and my anxiety at the escape went right back to game mode just watching the film lol. Funny how your body works, even when it is not in reality.

I used to play Dreadhalls using a smartphone and a Bluetooth controller. Those levels were mostly empty with just a few characters (I used to call them Binky, Scary Mary, Meatball, Smoky I and Smoky II). But even on sunny Saturday afternoon once I put that headset on, it was like being alone in the dark basements of a mansion. That game just got too realistic when I ended up being caught in a pincer movement between two characters (Binky and Scary Mary). Attempting to achieve 100% exploration of a level and 100% collection of all treasure was really tense.

Extend that to a full adventure RPG with crowd scenes and that would be crazy.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Thank you, thank you, thank you. It had not been on my radar, but I sure am glad to see this finally happen. Here's hoping its as good as we expect it to be.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: CthulhuMythos

Big Lovecraft fan here. Other than FO76, this is something I can sink my tentacles into...

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Will wait until they release the recommended specs (I ignore the "required")
A game absolutely has to be graphics heavy before I purchase it.
One thing though , it is Focus Interactive/Chaosium/Cyanide.
That makes it a potential buy

edit on 8/11/18 by Gothmog because: backwards me

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell
oh man that sounds really really scary. With the games and graphics quality we have now along with Oculus and other 3D full immersion games, sometimes I wonder if gaming could unhinge people and instead of being a fun game, it could be the stuff of nightmares and almost torture.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterMcKill
Thank you, thank you, thank you. It had not been on my radar, but I sure am glad to see this finally happen. Here's hoping its as good as we expect it to be.

I hope so too, considering how long I have been pining for this game!! I think this might be the one where I have to get in all the supplies I need (wine, snacks, some more substantial food, paper plates etc) and just lock the door for a week, lol.

originally posted by: slatesteam
a reply to: CthulhuMythos

Big Lovecraft fan here. Other than FO76, this is something I can sink my tentacles into...

FO76 looks like it has fabby graphics, though I am more a Myst/The Room/The Da Vinci House/The Vanishing of Ethan Carter game player. To be honest, I am not that great at shooting things, so Cthulhu might be a bit challenging at times for me!

originally posted by: Gothmog
Will wait until they release the recommended specs (I ignore the "required")
A game absolutely has to be graphics heavy before I purchase it.
One thing though , it is Focus Interactive/Chaosium/Cyanide.
That makes it a potential buy

I have a pretty decent rig but for this game, if it doesn't run full on I would consider an upgrade to my graphics card, I just don't want to compromise on this one. Does that sound ridiculous? Part of me thinks it does, and part of me just WANTS THE BEST for graphics!!

I will be quiet for a bit as it is well past bed time over here, but look forward to reading any further input when I wake up tomorrow.

new topics

top topics

join