It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[TCD2018] [non-writer] A cautionary tale of woe:

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I joined partly because of your writing section, and partly for the debates that go on all over the place. Now Here is my story.

The Man in the tweed sweater and 200 dollar cords stood before his maker with a smug look on his face. He knew killing was wrong, but cannibalism was much worse. So in his limited dense mind he was totally in the clear.

The Lord of thrones sat before him staring into his beady unmoving eyes after a long stretching moment said... What brings you to my humble abode? The smug Man raised his eyes up towards the glowing ball of light and replied... I killed a Man. It wasn't my fault he made me angry. The smug Man went on and on talking about things to benefit his own bad behavior like a blithering madman.

The ball of light formerly known as God said STOP! I've heard enough. You were in the wrong you can't talk your way out of this, you can't manipulate the maker of all things like you do to your own kind anymore.

The smug man, no longer felt so tall but felt now very small, like a pet chimp waiting for a head patting from his owner. The light glowed brighter ... I'm going to do you a disservice to all by sending you back to Earth where you will live to be 101 years old and no less. Then you will
begin to understand that Glory and Truth comes from the inside of Man, not outside. You will have to deal with the consequences of your own actions towards other Humans from now on.

The smug Man no longer smug, protested that 101 years was way to long to be living a life of self responsibility, his face and demeanor now dreadful to gaze at.

The ball of light to the smug man in the tweed shirt and cords worth enough to feed half of Africa said, You have been less than honorable and must pay the final price. The only way to do that is to spend the next 71 years on Earth. I've calculated your life to the last decimal point, that's how long it will take you to learn the lesson of selfless service to other fellow beings.

And so it was.

The End
edit on 11-8-2018 by KingJames because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: KingJames

200 dollar cords

Do you mean corduroy trousers? Like these....

www.neimanmarcus.com... 600734&page=0&position=40&uuid=PDP_PAGINATION_8b79242ea650f154a898684a057d9322_XaAu2u3KBeu1S6wm0S033E3r

Kool story bro, I think we get the message. It's like Karma right? "Reap what you sow"
edit on 11-8-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

200 dollar cords

Do you mean corduroy trousers? Like these....

www.neimanmarcus.com... 600734&page=0&position=40&uuid=PDP_PAGINATION_8b79242ea650f154a898684a057d9322_XaAu2u3KBeu1S6wm0S033E3r

Kool story bro, I think we get the message. It's like Karma right? "Reap what you sow"

5 pocket cords are my kinda pants! Thanks for the up kick
Yes reaping and sewing is the main idea of this story.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Nice job!

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Two hundred dollar cords. Was the dudes' name Leonard?
Good story. Karmas a bitc# !!

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   
well done, firstling, a good read that animated my brain.

though i don't know who is the worse criminal, the 200-dollar-corded man or the ball of light formerly known as God for sending him among humans. declaring earth a prison? do we all need to learn from him also? he had a hard lesson to take, i imagine all the ones who suffered getting in contact with him. lucky he learned it in a mere 71 years, it's now a better place for it. we must thank him.

wish you good luck and hope we get to read more by you

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Tarzan the apeman.

Oh you mean Lynard? Could be
Much obliged to you and DB for the upkick too.

edit on 12-8-2018 by KingJames because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: lucia2389

The ever after is probably different than this to be honest, if anything everyone learns to be better in the period of their extension here. It was a fun write tho thnk you!

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I must not write enough becaus I can't give one of them flags to anyone just yet.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Entertaining short story.

Worthy entry.

Kind regards,

bally

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 05:26 AM
link   

You are setting him up for a series of stories I reckon

Well done.