It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Henry Rollins special on Showtime last night...he is awesome

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   
here is a teaser

Rollins is an amazing guy. gets many labels placed on him cause people think they know what he is/was about cause he has tattoos, was in a punk band and is/was jacked as #.

he has written something like 25 books. been to something like 45 countries. all by himself.
he says he hears on the news that Pakistan is a no no place to go for example cause whatever so he packs his # and goes to Pakistan to check it out.

he was on Rogan a couple days ago and said 2 things that really got me thinking.

1 was he said he never says anything out in public or in print or whatever about someone(except for politicians) that he would not say to them. he says he knows he is going to have to answer for what he says and he chooses his words carefully.

then he started talking about dignity. the things he has seen in all those countries and the lack of dignity people have and how that lays such a factor in shaping negativity and violence.

he said he was with some organization digging wells in the Sudan ad these little # spots were going to have clean drinking water and toilets and sinks for the first time. someone thanked him and said he has no idea what he is doing for female literacy.

he did not understand.

he said girls hit a certain age and then they get their cycle and they dont even have clean clothes and now they are bleeding and have no way to clean themselves so they are dirty and they feel shame so they stop going to the school house so they stop learning so the cycle continues.

just 1 little factor but i never thought it it.

he is fascinating.

very smart. very funny. should be a good show

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   
He was on Unsolved Mysteries when his room mate was murdered.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Henry and Corey Taylor are some motivated mofos. Talented way beyond what you would expect from their facades.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

for sure

henry is so mellow but so intense at the same time

he said when he has trouble sleeping he puts on some music and does pull up sets all night and when he does x amount he rewards himself with turning the 45 over.

he is a deep thinker

very socially awkward. he is fascinating. said he has no friends but a couple times a year he hangs out with william shatner and enjoys it.

no drugs ever either

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   

He seems like a top bloke , I've heard his stories in the past and what he says always seems to make sense , he seems like a decent guy.

Still think Liar is a great song.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   

He was on the Joe Rogan podcast the other day and was great! It was his second time on the show and his first appearance was awesome and worth watching!

edit on 11-8-2018 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

i just got doe watching.

he said 2 more things that stuck

"i do not approve of violence, i just enjoy seeing you bleed"

thats amazing

and

"i get up at 3 am and chew the rat tail and climb the wall so i can have two and you can have none"

hahahahahahahaha

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   
He's a one of a kind talent with words, really knows how to get a point across.
Was a big fan of the Rollins Band back in the day and saw them in Brisbane(Australia) in the mid nineties.
The music was fantastic, Melvin Gibbs is an absolute monster on the bass!(one of the two sickest bassists I've ever seen live, the other was Ben Shepard from Soundgarden on their Badmotorfinger tour, that bass was hanging around his kneecaps and just brutalized!).
Was really unimpressed with Rollins that night though, he sang fine but his attitude towards the crowd was so disrespectful, like we weren't good enough to spit on and we should be honoured just to be in his presence.
Never seen anything like it.
Dunno if he was just having a bad night or if that was his normal behavior but lost I a lot of respect for him and haven't bothered keeping up with his work since.
Still, credit where its due, no denying he's a master of the spoken, written, sung, spat, growled and shouted word!
Edit. Re greatest bassists I've seen live I almost forgot the best of them all, the mighty Chi Cheng(RIP), the Deftones totally lost thier mojo when they lost Chi.
It was devastating.
Saw him in Melbourne for their Around The Fur and White Pony tours. Those dreadlocks had a life of their own lol. Chino was in fine form too, nailed every note.
They just don't make em like that anymore. I even have the White Pony tattooed on my arm!
edit on 12-8-2018 by Osirisvset because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join