It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect - a note of CAUTION re: Biblical changes

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Hi folks,

This is a really 'quickfire' thread this morning; a simple note of caution concerning an aspect of the alleged 'Mandela Effect', with a slight speculation concerning objective & purposes. I will NOT be discussing the veracity/ legitimate existence of the Mandela Effect. I will NOT be drawn into arguments over:

a) Whether there is a Mandela Effect - or if simple 'faulty memory' is to blame (a laughable phrase, almost as jaded as the current British governmental entrée when announcing their awful policies: "Let me be clear..")

b) The relative merits, intelligence, spiritual awesomeness, esoteric wizardry (or otherwise) of persons claiming to be 'experts' on the Mandela Effect.

c) Whether one person's memory of some Mandela Effects but not others is the 'correct' method of perceiving the effect (pro-tip: it is not).

d) What is responsible for the Mandela Effect (is it CERN, or a Nazi experiment in Argentina/ Antarctica, or the result of the Babalon working of Jacky-boy Parsons in the Nevada desert 50 years ago, or an Illuminati pact with Archontic Grey Aliens, etc....)

And so on.

Instead, I am issuing a note of caution regarding what I believe is the ultimate objective of the Effect, a purpose well-noted already, an aspect re: the 'inventory' of Mandela Effects which is most deadly serious, imho. This thread is in the Conspiracies in Religions forum because I believe that manipulation of human religion is the ultimate objective & steely-eyed purpose of the Effect. All the rest is bluster & misdirection (IE - "look at all the pretty rainbow colour effects in the animal & plant kingdom, how glorious it is to suddenly see this fluffy New Age rainbow fixation becoming manifest in physical reality...", etc). It's akin to the smoke & sparklers used by stage magicians while his real activity is ignored entirely due to the successful adjustment in the orientation response of the audience.

I will state plainly & openly that although there are changes being noted in many religions, the key changes, the most jarring to participants in the faith, the most existentially gutting, are the changes occurring (or seeming to occur) in literally thousands of verses from the Bible. Now with full disclosure, I'm a committed (albeit 'mystic') Christian. HOWEVER, in all openness I cannot accept the nonsensical claptrap (& even deception) coming from wolves in sheep's clothing who have convinced the world that they are preaching a Gospel message of salvation. In fact all they are doing is setting up new believers for a fall from grace, sometimes by diabolic design (by failing to support them after their conversion, and failing to provide theological understanding to underpin their noetic-emotional experience of the salvation of Christ. It makes me so angry to think about it - but that tale is for another thread.

Herein, I won't focus on examples of individual Bible verses affected by the alleged Mandela Effect. There is an abundance of evidence & discussion, most commonly found on YouTube at the current time (other sources exist!) Much of the YT commentary is utter dross, but if you look carefully you will find some excellent lay ministers (even a few mainline ministers) discussing the Effect, and the literally soul-jarring consequence of observing the changes to well-known, well-loved staple verses of Bible Scripture. These are verses which have brought millions through incredibly difficult periods in their own lives or those of their fellows, which now appear not only to have been 'innocently' adjusted (IE - New Testament 'wineskins' was changed to 'bottles' in the official KJV translation - which makes no sense because bottles clearly weren't invented at the time of Christ, a fact that even 17th Century translators would have been well-aware of).

Far more sinister aspects of this Bible-alteration MEs include verses indicative of sadism in Jesus' character, such as the infamous: "Bring them & slay them before me", which is noticeably different from the original verse stating "Throw them into the outer darkness". Now the verse in question was always a hard one to cope with on a rational level, for obvious reasons which I won't go into here - but the change reflects not a judge who has finally lost patience with the evildoers, instead now suggesting that he craves the sight of their execution before his eyes. Which is patently NOT in the character of the Lord of Creation. And please, don't derail the thread with inaccurate, inflammatory & fully rebutted & refuted concepts about the judgement of souls, the supposed flaming Hell, and so on. That's a thread for another day too. Herein, just notice the not-so-subtle change in the character of the Lord of Creation, and observe how sinister a change that would have to be, if indeed we can attribute the 'memory anomaly' issue as being a legitimate, fundamental series of changes affecting the physical universe of space & time in ways that only a 'programmer with access codes' (A MAGICIAN) to an infinitely complex system - a holographic-type system - could realistically accomplish.

The changes in the Bible, more than in any other religion, are on a huge scale; intended as fundamental alteration of our INTERPRETING OF THAT FAITH. Something which is warned about in the Book of Revelation, in that THE FINAL WORDS OF SCRIPTURE SUGGEST THAT THE WORDS & MEANING OF SCRIPTURE WILL BE LIABLE TO BE CHANGED BY SOME NEFARIOUS, ACCURSED AGENCY.

Is it Nazis? Unlikely. They haven't the sophistication (neither does any human), even if they did somehow have access codes. Instead, I propose that highly sophisticated alien 'powers & principalities', CTHULU-TYPE ENTITIES are responsible; beings which hate humanity, which hate life, which hate God; hailing from an alternative dimension, existing in fundamentally different modes of engagement with Reality. I propose that ritual workings have led to the release of these DEAD-BUT-DREAMING demonic beings, which is AN EXACT FULFILLMENT OF BIBLICAL PROPHECY.

I am convinced of this interpretation of the Effect (but of course you are free to choose your own interpretation & I would not engage in argumentalism or evangelism to 'convert' you to my understanding).

I feel morally obligated to shout this out!

I have left the OP uncluttered with references & the plethora of examples which could be included in a denser, more complex OP. I will save that for another day. Instead, in this thread, I want simply to make my opening statement of conviction - to prepare the ground for more inquiry later on.

Only a Cthulu-type alien 'god' would be capable of 'thinking' in the manner that alterations to the content of space & time from a human perspective would necessitate. These beings are our enemy, akin to a far worse version of the mighty Leviathan & the Behemoth found in the Book of Job. Remember that God never said it would be easy, and that we are to:

Work out your salvation in fear & trembling"

Which in my opinion means simply that even when reality is so terrifying that it leaves you wide-eyed, pale & with your heart pounding in your mouth, you must maintain your course & hold your ground in the face of that butt-loosening fear. It does NOT mean that God is attacking you in order to cause that fear & trembling.

The righteous will live by faith.

I will compose a response in-thread, which will include more references & quotes.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

Cthulhu, not Cthulu. Get his name right before he eats your soul.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 07:32 AM
link   
"Bring them & slay them before me"

I remember the outer darkness version as well. I haven't read the bible in some time, as I have not been a christian for some time- so I'd like some reference verses to compare them to the 'rewritten' stuff.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Cthulhu, not Cthulu. Get his name right before he eats your soul.

My soul gave him indigestion.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Another rant from a gnostic follower walking in dark.....

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   
In our faith as christian's, especially those of us whom believe that the bible has altered - and I am personally one of them with the alterations painting God as evil were before he was kindly but STERN and JUST but merciful to the repentant whom call upon his name for mercy, we avoid the concept of Duality which many pagan's such as the Zoroastrian's knew all too well, in there religion there version of God Ahura Mazda (the Good ONE) created all thing's but first he was alone and in his loneliness he created a companion to be just like him but then this companion grew Jealous, this other god he had created is called Angra Manyu by them or (the Evil one or the Adversary - I am sure someone more versed in that religion will correct my errors).
Now there was a long standing debate about many of the Zoroastrian prophet's and the prophets from the old testament being too similar for mere coincidence but that is off topic so I shall leave that there.

BUT if we accept that the Devil was merely an evil angel whom was cast down then whom is the Enemy of God that plant's his tares among the wheat?, whom is this Jealous entity that sneaks into God's creation and corrupts it, poison's it and damages it as if out of pure spite?.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I would assume that, given there has been plenty of time for such changes to take place, that the reason it is happening now would be that we have entered the Biblical end times and Satan has little time left to complete his plans for humanity.

Of course, there are those who believe that many of the end times prophecies have come to pass long before now and IMO there are still many things yet to come, however, I am one who believes that last September was when the sign in the heavens preceding tribulation in Revelation Chapter 12 had occurred.

If this sign has happened like I believe it has, then Satan and a third of the angels are now "fallen" to earth, restricted here until the rest of the end times unfolds. After losing the battle in heaven, with nowhere else to go and little time left, Satan and his fallen angels would be working overtime to take down as many believers as possible before being chained up and thrown into the bottomless pit for a thousand years then ultimately to be cast into the lake of fire and brimstone for eternity after escaping from the pit.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Following are some quotes from Scripture which I feel highlight & emphasise the manifest necessity that we should be actively responding to this threat to the integrity of Scripture in these days. And indeed, we must observe the signs of the times, in the apparent alterations in the world we occupy, evidence that some or other group on either side of the Mandela Effect debate is living under the illusion of falsehood, the situation referred to in the following manner:

2 Thessalonians 2:11 [Full Chapter]
For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie

We are looking at an education & demonstration of a means to realise the path to salvation, if we are among those who are stumbling around in the dark (PS - the comment from DeathSlayer is laughable.. I'm not walking in darkness bud, I'm content knowing that I seek the truth in all things, and that the hand of God guides us through even the darkest mysteries if we ask Him to - see Jeremiah 33v3). I hail from a 'Charismatic Evangelical Baptist offshoot' church, here in the UK. .

We're perhaps also talking about the beginning of the separation of the wheat from the chaff.. There is an ongoing Golden Ticket prize giving, in that the day by day, increasingly specious series of changes in all manner of fields of study, providing - through observation of the Mandela Effect debate - a wake up call. Over time, new alterations are occurring which bring more & more & more into an appraisal of Reality which brings them starkly to the conclusion that 'all is not as it seems', and that they may need to amend their beliefs to conform to this brave new world of the supernatural. This gradual revealing of more & more change appears to be permitted so that it acts as shockwaves jolting people from their slumber. These events cause them to question their fundamental response to the question of whether the supernatural is real, and by extension, is there something to the whole religion thing? And is any one religion able to speak of exactly what is occurring?

The answer is that the one being assaulted with so many alterations, attempts to change the Scripture itself, the holy text with its primary message, consisting of a unified plan of salvation, revealed from its inception during tribal days, through the age of empire, unto our advanced Western civilisation. The theology has been based on immaculately preserved select texts which are several thousand years old, even with the shades of an oral tradition from untold millennia beforehand - all of which was selected & preserved - until now has been otherwise extant without disruption for 2000 years. The religion faced now with so much disruption to the integrity & character of its founder & its core texts, thus with cherished beliefs & memories being #ed with in a manner causing existential fear to the people who have always held to its tenets, is the religion most likely to be the one which is under attack, which is the object of aggression from demonic powers, trying to "..blot out the Sun", trying to destroy it, to erase its message & purpose - to destroy that which was given:

"...for the salvation of all men, and especially those who believe"

Even if we step away from a religious interpretation, everything we already know about Earth suggests that our society is open to abuse by powerful people, who are happy to create conditions of abject misery, environmental destruction, widespread illness & death, widespread warfare & war-mongering. From that perspective, it certainly seems reasonable to suggest that there is no guarantee that we are not actually held prisoner here in some manner, requiring salvation because we have been infected with a spiritual sickness due to our proximity to the snakes who are causing all of the most significant problems. Are we indeed:

"Confined in the courtyard of the guard"

Everything we know & love may in fact be a reflection of sorts, an illusion which appears "in a darkened mirror" - as opposed to the clarity of vision we will receive when we 'exit the matrix'..

Below are some Scripture quotes which, I believe, are of a type that can be interpreted very clearly as pointing to the reality of the seemingly unreal Mandela Effect. I will comment further later this afternoon, but if you are a fellow traveler on the Narrow Path, and need some insight into the "false miracles" of demonic powers, then ponder these quotes & my own commentary in the context of the near-inexplicable Mandela Effect.

And remember - we walk by faith & not by sight. Trust God to lead us through the darkened vale..

Isaiah 55:6 New International Version (NIV)
Seek the Lord while he may be found;
call on him while he is near.

John 9:4 New International Version (NIV)

4 As long as it is day, we must do the works of him who sent me. Night is coming, when no one can work.

Hosea 4:6 New International Version (NIV)

my people are destroyed from lack of knowledge.

“Because you have rejected knowledge,
I also reject you as my priests;
because you have ignored the law of your God,
I also will ignore your children.

Jeremiah 33 New International Version (NIV)
Promise of Restoration

1 While Jeremiah was still confined in the courtyard of the guard, the word of the Lord came to him a second time: 2 “This is what the Lord says, he who made the earth, the LORD who formed it and established it—the LORD is his name: 3 ‘Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.’

And if you need to know who is enabling these demonic beings the access rights?

Revelation 2:9 New International Version (NIV)

I know your afflictions and your poverty—yet you are rich! I know about the slander of those who say they are Jews and are not, but are a synagogue of Satan.

We are rich in our knowledge of & relationship with God, no matter the 'material/illusory' circumstances. When you think about it, a more fluid reality is being demonstrated - one which easily permits for miracles & spiritual warfare which can affect even the flesh of the body - and so, have faith, and keep walking through the vale. We have long said that death is only a shadow - but now it seems, so is Reality, hence all things are possible with God.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Nicely done, fair play. I keep screwing that spelling up because of the way my son pronounces his name!

If you've watched the Marvel series "Legion', you'll see that the prime bad guy is based closely on the legend of Chthulu..

edit on AugustSaturday1818CDT09America/Chicago-050042 by FlyInTheOintment because: spelling

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   

I may have to check that out if my Lord and Savior is in it.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Source ( Times of Israel )
"There is no perfect translation, because there is no way to bring a text fully from one culture to another, one language to another, one person to another.” She reminds us of the Hebrew poet Chaim Nachman Bialik’s statement: translation is like “a kiss through a handkerchief” and that of the American poet Robert Frost: “poetry is what is lost in translation.”

The easiest place to see the error in translation is in the 10 commandments. Thou shall not commit Murder has become "kill".
Further:

"Similarly, how should the Hebrew lechem be translated. It means both “bread” and the more inclusive “food.” Elohim means “mighty,” and “god” (an idol), and the “God.” So what were the bnei elohim in Genesis 6? Were they divine beings, perhaps angels, who cohabitated with human women, or mighty or more intelligent male humans, as the scholar Abraham ibn Ezra contends? How should ki be translated in Exodus 2:2, as “how (beautiful he was)” suggesting he was extremely beautiful, or the less emphatic, “that (he was beautiful).”

Apologies , Multiple format, replying and other errors. I am trying to make an origional chromebook useable in place of a smart phone

edit on 11-8-2018 by MoonunitZap because: Repairing old pc, not fully functional

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Revelations refers to "the jews of smyma" as satan's church. This is extremely easy to understand. According to Jewish literature, specifically the Tanach, there is no battle in heaven, no falling angels or jinns, no one even able to challenge the position of the Almighty. The "evil inclination", satan or the devil is choice an angel who who offers evil options to enable free choice. If only good exists, how does one do bad?

Both Christianity and Islam accept an evil being who challenges G-d. The Jews accept him as a public prosecutor, offering the evil option at the Almighties orders. It goes further to say he detests his job!

No creation of G-d has the power to challenge him. Ergo, satan is in heaven with G-d and the belief Jews are the devils church

Source ( Hebrew school)

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Really?

Many like to call it interpretation.

You are an excellent writer but not real swift with reality.

There are hundreds of versions of the Bible in the English language. The Bible has been translated into more than 2000 languages. So there are a lot. A huge number. How many versions of the Bible are there? - Quora www.quora.com...

Apparently they have been at this for centuries....

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Revelation 22:18-19 King James Version (KJV)
18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Touché, mon Dieu...

Love your work! Especially digging that intellectual arrogance & smug superiority complex you enjoy flaunting.

Do you not respect people who respect you? Like, I have tried to respect you & your choice to take the path you have taken (I've often disagreed with you, but don't think I ever mocked you or laid into you on the boards). What is it about me that causes you to jest scornfully without knowing me personally? Have you observed a lack of tolerance in my writing, or have I threatened people with hellfire for refusing to believe in what I believe? Have you looked into my mind & discerned there a failure to comprehend the mysteries?

Did you not get the hint from the following quote?

..Christ, the saviour of all men, and especially those who believe"

It doesn't matter if you disbelieve in His lordship, because your blinkered arrogance changes nothing about Him, or the Universe, the Heavens, or the Wheel of the Ages, or the journey North. The control system holds us locked in a certain condition - primarily because people like you buy into the notion of accepting a belief system that gives you permission to hold that self-lauding superiority over your fellow Man is your birthright.

You have no power, save that which has been given you by Heaven

Humble Pie tastes bitter at first - but the aftertaste is sublime.

edit on AugustSaturday1818CDT12America/Chicago-050003 by FlyInTheOintment because: fixing tags

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

You are an excellent writer but not real swift with reality.

Thank you for the kind comment, and the offensive comment too. I love being mocked!

"Those who danced were considered fools by those who couldn't hear the music.."

And btw, Reality is proving to be a lot more slippery than your apparently buttoned-down worldview suggests. Trying to catch hold of what Reality actually is, is the most tricky line of inquiry of all - and rightfully so - just ask David Bohm or Carl Jung. My claim that Reality is going to get weirder & weirder, until potentially pant-tearing horrors overtake us, is based not in random & wild speculation, it is rooted in consideration of a complex of hundreds of dreams, OOBEs, direct supernatural perceptions (including remote viewing) & the manifest guidance of the Holy Spirit. These things cannot be considered flights of fancy, or 'folie a deux', because the consistency of thematics & unequivocal evidence for the veracity of the prophetic elements revealed over the years (since CE 2001), are sufficient evidence for a personal conviction that will never, God willing, be revoked or laid aside. Reality will become weirder, and eventually much will be justified which is currently mocked openly. It happens in science, and it happens in the context of spiritual guidance/ religion too.

True religion is devotion to the well-being of your fellow Man, and humble contemplation of the Divine. The only question that will determine how things play out on a personal level is:

"Do you trust God?"

I was asked that question by an angelic being in a dream which saw me trying to salvage huge textbooks of physics & the natural sciences (biology, organic chemistry, botany & zoology) during an apocalyptic situation, when the storehouse of knowledge was gutted from a blaze that consumed the entire under girding of our 'fixed knowledge' concerning the base suppositions. I answered in the affirmative, because I realised that under the circumstances, it made more sense to be able to adapt & move quickly, than to walk a difficult & dangerous path lugging huge textbooks, while being hunted down by Apache gunships (yeah it was a chaotic dream, but definitely had prophetic indications)..

edit on AugustSaturday1818CDT12America/Chicago-050006 by FlyInTheOintment because: clarification

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   

It was a joke dude, and it was actually about me, not you.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   

You are an excellent writer but not real swift with reality on this particular issue.imo

Is that better?

It is for me.

Can you give me at least one example of a valid m.e. other than what you are trying to purpose in the op?

Just to grease the mental wheels so to speak.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Op the NIV is Heresy to begin with for all the changes. And spelling o rword usage changed over th ecenturies. its not mandela...its the comany printing them.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   

I'm not sure you know what's going on. Maybe no one does.

In your first post you say this has been occurring lately. Further down you say, "Following are some quotes from Scripture which I feel highlight & emphasise the manifest necessity that we should be actively responding to this threat to the integrity of Scripture in these days." and "until now has been otherwise extant without disruption for 2000 years."

All of this might fit into some "end time" vision you have formulated but how can anyone know that for sure? For all anyone knows this Mandala Effect might have been occurring over and over throughout all of history. It could be cyclical. Maybe it has happened so often that the Bible we see today is completely different from what it was 2000 years ago.

Sure, we can look at the old texts but the nature of the Mandala effect is that they would be changed also. The only thing you can refer to is what happened in your lifetime. There is no way to know anything else unless you find some old scroll of someone from antiquity also discussing this phenomena.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join