It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter Permanently BANS Conservative Gavin McInnes and the Official Proud Boys Account

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Cutepants

No one is forced to tweet.
The opposition of censorship is not compelled speech. It's free speech. Or more precisely freedom of expression of ideas.

Yeah. Too bad some can't any more.

But celebrate because; legal censorship!

SMGDH

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

cant on twitter is not the same as cant anywhere

you know this

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

cant on twitter is not the same as cant anywhere

you know this

I do.

But censorship is censorship.

Burning books doesn't mean burning every book.

It just means burning some books that are in the pile.

If you and the others are going to celebrate legal censorship, then own it.

I am against it.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   

i told on here all the time that its not censorship cause the government is not doing it.

you dont feel that way?

i think people should be able to say anything.

i am also always told freedom of speech does not mean freedom of consequences.

im told that private companies have the right to do what they want.

so let me ask you

do you think a private company has the right to block someone from using their service?

its a yes or no

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Cutepants

Twitter has power over Twitter.

Uninformed like usual...

Twitter is federally funded and claims to be a publisher of information. Both those things making them beholden to the first amendment like any other publisher. But I get it conservatives don't have the same access to their first amendment rights like you leftists. You all just move the goalposts around till you manage to win. Always have always will.

This is the reason you come and pepper a thread with your one liners after all. Because in an actual debate you'd get thrashed... and you know it.

Twitter is protected by the first amendment, not subject to it.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Yes.

They do have that right.

Hence I use the term legal censorship.

I still don't like it, I think it is cowardly.

And it is censorship.

Just legal censorship.

I'll just wait patiently until some leftist group gets censored and then sit back and watch everyone sh#t themselves over censorship.

Have at it.

Crap, should have just stayed away from this thread. Getting pissed off again.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: SgtHamsandwich

What did he exactly do? The last post, he did from reports I read, was disavow the PB's from anything having to do with Unite the Right? Hardly a banning offense?

What was the post he did that caused a permanent ban?

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
Oh, I just looked it up. They have to wear a polo shirt and know five breakfast cereals. LOL Or in other words work as a dishwasher at Dennys.

Like I said, a mary.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Proud Boys go out to push back on Antifa violence. When Antifa start their antics they get beatings.
The strange thing is that Antifa are still welcome on Twitter, whilst those that defend against them are not.
That tells you what you need to know - this is not a T&Cs issue, it's a censorship issue driven by ideology.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   

It seems to be an imbalance that discrimination based on political ideology is OK, but on religious grounds it is not. Twitter could not, for example, target and ban one religion and no others and expect to get away with it. They can however ban people for their political ideology. Odd.

link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

originally posted by: howtonhawky
Discrimination laws need to be redefined.

I think it is only discrimination if a person is refused a service and no equal alternatives are present.

All the laws concerning color,age and sex need to go.

In theory I agree but the problem is it creates a two tier system. A Baker in New York can discriminate to hearts content but one a Nowhereville Alaska can't.

Far too complex to interpret and enforce.

Not too complex when you take into account the current mess we have with discrimination issues.

Some might say it is one of the top problems today.

Think of how easy it would be for courts to decide under my thinking vs the way scotus is always being challenged today and how the courts so often get it wrong and how often people take advantage of the current laws.

link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Yes.

They do have that right.

Hence I use the term legal censorship.

I still don't like it, I think it is cowardly.

And it is censorship.

Just legal censorship.

I'll just wait patiently until some leftist group gets censored and then sit back and watch everyone sh#t themselves over censorship.

Have at it.

Crap, should have just stayed away from this thread. Getting pissed off again.

hey we are on the same page

i think the difference with me is i am highly amused by all the people crying. some so much to start a thread crying about the crying.

i just think of ATS as entertainment.

i do enjoy hearing others opinions though. when i ask questions i do want to know.
a lot of it really makes me think and reconsider some things

a LOT of this # is just plain amusing though

this is one of those things

if the gov turned dip#s internet off so he could not run his mouth i was have a problem.

im sure some of the people bitching and crying about this were totes fine with roseanne getting her show pulled.
not the same situation but i think it holds water

most people on here and in this world are for censorship. i think you can admit that if you really think about it.

i think most people are for censoring things they are against.

i dont think you are one of those. i think you are against it as you say.
i am too. just seems thins particular thing has you pissed and me amused.

if some left wing lib mouthpiece would have got banned these same people would most definitely not be crying.

you think???

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

The answer to your question at the end is a resounding no.
No private company, under the law, can ban people from using their service for whatever reason they want. There are protections, just not for people's political views.

edit on 11/8/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil
a reply to: SgtHamsandwich

What did he exactly do? The last post, he did from reports I read, was disavow the PB's from anything having to do with Unite the Right? Hardly a banning offense?

What was the post he did that caused a permanent ban?

I have not seen any one thing that was pin pointed. All I have seen was "hate speech".

Even in the picture I posted in the OP there was no reason listed.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
There are protections, just not for people's political views.

So why the raging butthurt over this?

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
Proud Boys go out to push back on Antifa violence. When Antifa start their antics they get beatings.
The strange thing is that Antifa are still welcome on Twitter, whilst those that defend against them are not.
That tells you what you need to know - this is not a T&Cs issue, it's a censorship issue driven by ideology.

Twitter is concerned with what people post, not what they are. Obviously ANTIFA doesn't post the hate that others do. If they did it too would be removed.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth
All T&C restrictions on privately owned internet platforms are decided by someones ideology to an extent.
There is nothing stopping right wing enterprises from creating a social media site which is biased towards it's own agenda.
If the ban had been inspired by government then I would have issue, but a private company, nope, don't care. It's the same as ATS deleting posts which don't technically breach T&C's, but they just don't like, seen it many times.
Their house, their rules, and I support it because if I ran my own social media site I'd enforce my own ideas of what content I wished to have on my servers.
Don't like it then use a different platform to express your views, or start your own.
(Not you personally, but you know what I mean)

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

I don't think you use Twitter lol.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   

That was last years thread with 5 stars n flags.
I claim victimhood, Robbin Victimhood!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Actual censorship, Mr. Storm in the Glass of Water. You didn't have to wait long now, did you?

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults
I don't think you realise that Twitter has NOT banned Alex Jones lol
twitter.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join