It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter Permanently BANS Conservative Gavin McInnes and the Official Proud Boys Account

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Where's free market when a company intentionally throws money away?

Yall would be singing a different tune if Google,Facebook,Twitter, Abovetopsecret started banning liberals.

ATS bans all kind of people with different political affiliations on a daily basis. Hell. Who would even use a social media platform that doesn't have t&c and moderators? You know that you can't post neo nazi propaganda on ATS either? You can't
Yet you have been posting here for how long?
People have been banned for breaking t&c on social media platforms since like forever. Only difference is that today people just love to be outraged online over just about anything. ZOMG they banned a biggot # from Twitter. TRIGGERED!!!!
edit on 11-8-2018 by ErrorErrorError because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Well They must not ve conducting proper studies. What about people who only signed up for the platform for AJ and Proud Boys and now they have no reason to login?

That ends up having a ripple affect long term as the reason why people use them in the first place is to Tweet and Message @ others so the less diverse range of people they have the less of a reason people have to use it

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Cutepants

It would be interesting to see what T&C violations the "Proud Boys" did that KKK, ISIS, BLM, white supremacy groups, La Raza, didn't.

link   

originally posted by: SgtHamsandwich

originally posted by: intrepid
Are we going to have an "Oh us poor, badly done on conservatives" thread for each incident? We've already discussed this with Jones. Besides...

"I'm not a fan of Gavin myself, nor do I know much about the Proud Boys. They are a little too far right for my taste,"

... so?????

Are we going to have a UFO thread for each sighting? What about a Crypto thread for something else weird that's seen? I don't see your point.

Well seeing as those topics are completely different happenings why not? It's not like it whining about something that's already been done.

I may not agree with what what Gavin and his group spout but here in America I feel they have a right to spout what they please.

Already discussed. Private entities can do as they wish.

link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Conservatives could force a leveraged buyout on both platforms if they wanted to.

After all they are the party of the party of the rich.

That would get them snipping in their pants.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: ErrorErrorError

Can you direct link the post he made that was neo Nazi content?

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

Well They must not ve conducting proper studies. What about people who only signed up for the platform for AJ and Proud Boys and now they have no reason to login?

That ends up having a ripple affect long term as the reason why people use them in the first place is to Tweet and Message @ others so the less diverse range of people they have the less of a reason people have to use it

I've spent my share of time in boardrooms and I can honestly say that at the end of the day, the people making these types of decisions are no smarter than you or me.

Sometimes, they screw up.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: ErrorErrorError

ATS would never ban ANYONE for this snip.

The Proud Boys have a four-degree initiation process for new members.[18] In the first degree, a recruit must declare "I am a Western chauvinist who refuses to apologize for creating the modern world."[19] The second degree involves five or more Proud Boys punching the recruit until he names five breakfast cereals. To earn the third degree, the recruit must get a Proud Boy tattoo.[20] The Proud Boys' website says that the fourth degree is reserved for those who have "endured a major conflict related to the cause."

Most would laugh their arses off.

edit on 11-8-2018 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Gavin didn't start this group to be what people might think it is, it was a joke on his show, then the 'people' that watch/listen to him pushed it to where they wanted more, still a joke at this point. Gavin made t-shirts (or whatever) to make money, that took off and it's now really like a college fraternity and they do fun stuff. Fun to them maybe. I watch Gavin quite a bit, I don't love all that he says or does, but this stuff about this being an evil far right group, I believe that is not the case. Of course I don't know any of them personally.

I saw the show where Gavin tells all about this, I actually believe him too, at least at that point, I really don't keep up with all of this. I only mention this so that if a person thinks it is evil, maybe they can look for it on his show and see what they think. I have no clue as to which show it is, so I can't be of any help.

Love him or hate him, I don't care either way, but, at least check out the 'why' he has that group, and if you find something that appears to be legitimately evil, let us know.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Yeah I have has plenty of conversations with CEOs and dealings with C level guys and they are normal people nothing special

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: neo96

"I like being a Free Market Capitalist except when I don't. Waaa!"

I also dream of a world where silicon valley ceos tell me what to believe in and the best soy based product.

I just need some stories where a hateful far left communist get banned for hate so I know they're not biased. But I already know the answer.

link   
a reply to: recrisp

They just think Gavin looks like a neo Nazi and he kinda does so that's enough for them to display their prejudice.

link   
Corporate technocratic dictatorship. Next will be your power and then your water and maybe your cable/internet service.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI

I also dream of a world where silicon valley ceos tell me what to believe in and the best soy based product.

I just need some stories where a hateful far left communist get banned for hate so I know they're not biased. But I already know the answer.

Well you don't have to look any further than ATS. We've banned far left members. Here's the thing though. It wasn't because of their political stance. It was because they were assholes that wouldn't follow the rules.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
maybe airbnb will still have him

The Proud Boys have a four-degree initiation process for new members.[18] In the first degree, a recruit must declare "I am a Western chauvinist who refuses to apologize for creating the modern world."[19] The second degree involves five or more Proud Boys punching the recruit until he names five breakfast cereals. To earn the third degree, the recruit must get a Proud Boy tattoo.[20] The Proud Boys' website says that the fourth degree is reserved for those who have "endured a major conflict related to the cause."

Is it me or is that initiation really gay?

So many good jokes there I can't pick one.

"When Freemasons think your rituals are gay, it's time to ________."

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   

I wouldn't get in. I'm willing to declare I'm a western chauvinist. I'm OK with getting punched in the cereal-bag. But I wouldn't fight for them in a "major conflict".

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Cutepants

College hazing is worse.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

I've seen the most disgusting hateful things posted on Twitter and I'm only hearing certain view points getting banned or YouTube cutting off ads.

I just thislnk the free market argument is weak but accurate. I don't agree with Gavin on a lot of topics but I really dont agree with powerful trillion dollar companies shutting down free speech.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom

originally posted by: TinySickTears
maybe airbnb will still have him

Is it me or is that initiation really gay?

So many good jokes there I can't pick one.

"When Freemasons think your rituals are gay, it's time to ________."

That's actually hate speech against homosexual people. This account needs to be banned.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI

People of all stripes are banned from social media sites, for a variety of reasons.

The thing I notice is that it only seems to be the Right Wingers that like to whine and cry about it all of the damned time.

A bunch of grown ass men...crying about other grown men not being able to use a social media site.

edit on 11-8-2018 by introvert because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join