It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter Permanently BANS Conservative Gavin McInnes and the Official Proud Boys Account

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Are we going to have an "Oh us poor, badly done on conservatives" thread for each incident? We've already discussed this with Jones. Besides...

I'm not a fan of Gavin myself, nor do I know much about the Proud Boys. They are a little too far right for my taste,

... so?????

link   

originally posted by: neo96
I sure wouldn't use Google,Facebook,and Twitters model of crony capitalism.

Crony capitalism is when you receive financial benefits from close governmental ties. Please learn the definition of things prior to utilizing them.

And the Founding Fathers wouldn't have given a rat's ass about Twitter tossing a bunch of losers, many of them ran their own papers that regularly slogged their political opponents. So much derp.

link   
Conspiracy theory!

Maybe these tech giants are trying to control the narrative.

If they slowly and quietly start banning the more moderate people and only leave the extremists of any stripe, then the social media impression would be that the extremists are the majority.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Why do YOU look up WHO Perkins Coie biggest clients are.

Never mind here.

en.wikipedia.org...

Not to mention FUNDRAISING.

Crony capitalism.

ANTI SOCIAL MEDIA.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Yeah, I can agree with that, pretty much. But I think I'd unhappy too, if Twitter started banning a lot of users whom I agree with. I hardly use twitter at all, just for the record, but I'd still be pissed, heh. Just because it doesn't affect me personally is no reason to hold back the outrage.

I just don't think the free market always works, necessarily. It might potentially become necessary to force minority opinions to be allowed on a certain platform. I don't know, maybe I'm wrong. But Twitter is still just a website, huge and important as it may be. Anyone can make their own copy of Twitter, though it probably won't succeed. That is why I still support Twitter's right to censor. No one is forced to read twitter, it's not a public forum. It's not the same as banning Proud Boys from speaking on the street or something. Perhaps it might become the same, but one big difference is that there is practically unlimited space online to make sites like Twitter, but there's only a limited space of Charlottesville towns to protest in.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Why would I care about a law firm in regards Twitter banning a bunch of waste cases?

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 08:13 AM
link   
What's with all the corporate shilling happening for the Democrats?

Everybody scared of a little change?

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cutepants
...but one big difference is that there is practically unlimited space online to make sites like Twitter, but there's only a limited space of Charlottesville towns to protest in.

Exactly, if the Proud Soys are so butthurt they can start their own social media platform. Hopefully they know how to code, maybe even in Enigma.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

...but one big difference is that there is practically unlimited space online to make sites like Twitter, but there's only a limited space of Charlottesville towns to protest in.

Exactly, if the Proud Soys are so butthurt they can start their own social media platform. Hopefully they know how to code, maybe even in Enigma.

Why are you whining so much about this issue?

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
Why are you whining so much about this issue?

I'm not buckaroo, I'm lampooning the tools who are butthurt over this. You feeling rectal discomfort too?

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Yeah.

Pretty much.

They can't get their ideas passed in elections or the court, so they manipulate social media instead to drive a narrative.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

The alt right KEK nazis have Gab, and alt tech replacement for twitter

I’m pretty certain they might even have an alt tech FB as well

twitter can do what they want and gab can do what they want

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whereismypassword
The alt right KEK nazis have Gab, and alt tech replacement for twitter

I’m pretty certain they might even have an alt tech FB as well

twitter can do what they want and gab can do what they want

See? All is right in the universe my little Virtue Warriors. Put down your butthurt salve, pick up your smart phones and Gab away.

Remember to wash up first, clean hands save lives.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
Are we going to have an "Oh us poor, badly done on conservatives" thread for each incident? We've already discussed this with Jones. Besides...

"I'm not a fan of Gavin myself, nor do I know much about the Proud Boys. They are a little too far right for my taste,"

... so?????

Are we going to have a UFO thread for each sighting? What about a Crypto thread for something else weird that's seen? I don't see your point.

I may not agree with what what Gavin and his group spout but here in America I feel they have a right to spout what they please.

I feel it's totalitarian to target one group because you don't agree with their political stance. Anti-white hate is okay dokie all day long on Twitter. If you're gonna target hate speech, target all hate speech. Be consistent, not pick and choose between party lines.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

They are ruining their business platform what incentive do they have to do so?

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Good question.

Until Alex Jones, and other conservatives started getting banned they use to be against corporate fascism.

Now like John Kerry they're for it.
edit on 11-8-2018 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Seems to me like your whining about people discussing this issue mate.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   

They are ruining their business platform what incentive do they have to do so?

They aren't ruining it, that's the thing.

I'll bet a shiny nickel that they had focus groups do a study to determine the impact of banning these groups.

Their financial bottom line probably wasn't impacted, so they went ahead and did it.

We can complain all day long, we can call them out for their censorship, but it won't touch their bottom line.

They twist and manipulate and "massage" the social narrative in a way that makes them money and secures their ideological base.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

They have been shadow banning sibce Trump won

I've had post removed for no reason on both platforms. Post that I thought werent even hot button just general nonsense

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 08:36 AM
link   

I think those are fair points, too. I'm not completely made up on the issue. But any society of human beings is a club of like-minded people trying to shut off other opinions, it's just the human condition. Twitter is inclusive to the opinions of most people. It would be hard to be inclusive to all opinions, very hard.

ISIS and KKK and BLM probably do have accounts, yeah. I know there used to be some sort of ISIS accounts, I remember some journalist contacted them through their Twitter account.

But one thing to keep in mind is that ISIS and KKK are pretty marginal and not as relevant to society as Proud Boys. I know they're more famous, but they're also a lot less accepted. There will always be weird stuff on the margins. Same goes for KKK.

I acknowledge your argument. I also believe there are leftist or Islamist twitter accounts run by people way crazier and more dangerous than Proud Boys or any of those other guys. But I don't think the situation would be improved by forcing Twitter to approve of any posters, even good posters. I do unapologetically approve of the same liberalism endorsed by Twitter, more or less.

Twitter should not advertise themselves as a public forum available to anyone? Maybe. But then most products should be advertised less boldly, if you want to crack down on advertisement.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join