It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter Permanently BANS Conservative Gavin McInnes and the Official Proud Boys Account

page: 18
<< 15  16  17   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

What's your favorite cereal?

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

You're exactly right. That world is on the way out though, hence the angst.

posted on Aug, 14 2018 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Twitter, Facebook and YouTube have become the town square. There is no real alternative. Freedom of speech has been corporatized.

Your free speech has been bought brought to you by these sponsors. . . . .
edit on 14-8-2018 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

You're exactly right. That world is on the way out though, hence the angst.
They are still free to set up their own social media platform so I don't see why people are whining.
It's easy to do, buy some server space, upload some open-source site software (for free) then open to the world. I set one up for my mate's martial arts class, he wanted something independent and private from fb and the other big players - it's basically a facebook copy but set for private only for his students.

Now if we reach a day when 'fringe' groups are denied server space by ISP's because of their beliefs then I'd be campaigning against that, but if the big social media companies wish to censor whatever is stored on their server space I have no problem.
If I had my own social media platform I would ban the EDL and Britain First from my server space purely for my own ideological reasons. A bigger crime to me would be government forcing me to provide a platform to political ideologies which I disagree with. That would be unacceptable, and a breach of my rights as far as I'm concerned.

posted on Aug, 15 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Screw Twitter and Facebook, use Steemit instead!
edit on 15-8-2018 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 15  16  17   >>

join