It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter Permanently BANS Conservative Gavin McInnes and the Official Proud Boys Account

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Wardaddy454
And yet not long ago, we were told we needed Net Neutrality to protect us from what private companies decide to do.

Are we going back on that?

Are we?

Phage? Is that you?

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454
Phage? Is that you?

Is it?

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: FurnaceFuneral
I'm struggling to understand exactly what a 'Proud Boy' is even supposed to be.
I went to their crap website which looks like a high school student knocked up in 20 minutes (proudboysusa.com...), and all I could find was this...

Men have tried being ashamed of themselves and accepting blame for slavery, the wage gap, ableism, and some fag-bashing that went on two generations ago, but it didn’t work. So they’re going with their gut and indulging in the natural pride that comes from being part of the greatest culture in the world. It’s very freeing to finally admit the West is the best. That’s because it’s the truth

The rest of the site is just youtubes, no real mission statement or articles of association, just vague rubbish about being anti SJW yet not right wing.

It seems rather pathetic to me, but I guess I don't live in a world of cry cupboards and what do you call them? Ah yes, 'soy boys' lol, Proud Boys seems childish, silly, and amateurish to me, but good for a chuckle...only in America eh.

EDIT
...and also in Israel as I note they have an Israeli chapter of their lil boys club, aw, cute.

edit on 12-8-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: SgtHamsandwich

Every single Tory party member should be banned, would go a long way to eliminating bigotry and corruption in this country, but well done Twitter for at least censoring one of the scumbags

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   
LMAO! There is a 'Proud Boys' UK chapter which is still on Twitter and facebook.
www.facebook.com... - With 1040 likes on their page
twitter.com... - With 88 followers

It is hilarious if you have a look, they just seem like whining blokes with no real idea about whatever it is they stand for.
They have apparently suspended new membership because 'have to get the new guys as part of the group before the next wave' whatever that means. Basic training, boot camp, indoctrination? Who knows.

They blank their faces out in every member picture as well. So much for the courage of your allegedly 'legal' activities.
You couldn't make it up, lol more people follow my mates 8yr old son's footbal team Twitter account than the UK 'Proud Boys' funny as #!

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   

No, they weren't there last year? Wow,... Speaking of computer comfort zones...

Its about beta males like you and bloggers with PTSD from wedgies they recieved in middle school.

Your earlier reply has enough anyone needs to know about how this cancerous group affects people. It's very sad really.
Go Gab, and go to your beta vs incel male sites. Great(sarc) breeding grounds for Elliot Rodger clones. Your circle jerks will be fully welcome at those places as opposed to ATS and invading the gamer forums to recruit and hide out.

And btw it's not "leftist propaganda". Either partisan side can see through this facade.

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Markus Meechan is arrested over online footage of 'Nazi' dog. That was in your country. The US and their companies(whether government intervention or not) are hardly doing that. Companies decide their policies, just as ATS removing Holocaust denial threads and Pro Hitler ones.

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   
The whole point of being a social justice advocate is to have a mission statement. I didnt know being anti-sjw needed one too. Tell me; what are societies rules about how a website should look exactly? If a proudboy wants to create a website and maintain it, good for him. Its a hobby. Leave it to someone like yourself to thumb your nose at a what someone does in their own free time. Thats exactly why we remain and extremely tight knit, private, well vetted fraternity. We dont need our website to remind us of who we are. We live it everyday. And please dont get me wrong, we CAN BE childish and silly. We have fun. Its why we all get along so well together in a society filled with humorless tight-wads like yourself.

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawakeYour earlier reply has enough anyone needs to know about how this cancerous group affects people. It's very sad really.
I found this as well, it declares their aims a little more clearly...

POYB
PROUD OF YOUR BOY, a reference to the Proud Boys.
The ten tenets of the Proud Boys are: 1)venerating the housewife 2) closing all prisons, 3) arming the citizenry with guns, 4) legalizing drugs, 5) ending welfare, 6) ending immigration, 7) banning censorship, 8) glorifying entrepreneurs, 9) recognizing “the West is the Best,” and 10) shutting down the government.

1) Why venerate housewives? No more special than a woman who chooses to work
2) What about people who need locking up? Kill them?
3) If the citizenry want guns they are currently free to own them
4) Agreed, but the caveat that detox services are available
5) Nope, I care about kids who are born in crappy families
6) What about the talented cancer surgeon etc who can benefit the nation?
7) Doesn't the constitution defend against censorship by government?
8) I don't glorify anyone, a bit dramatic for me that one
9) West of where? And there is no 'one' western culture anyway
10) I'm easy with that but who takes control then? Proud Boy chapter leaders with their AR's?

I'm interested in hearing from any 'Proud Boy' with comments about my thoughts.

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

If you think that "cancerous" comment of mine about wedgies is "affecting" people (obviously like yourself), perhaps the internet is not the best place for you. Maybe try something more formal like equestrian jumping. I just mentioned our society full of humorless tightwads right before i read your last comment...you hammered my point to the tee lol.

As far as Elliot Rodgers, clones, circle jerks, gamer forums, and hide outs. Would it kill you to stay on topic and not stray off into the twilight zone? You know they make highly effective medication for your ADHD right? Theres also homeopathic routes to look into like chamomile and kava if youre not into the whole Rx thing. Just trying to help cheers

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   
So what's the biggest issue you are concerned with right now as a 'Proud Boy' fraternity?
What exactly do you guys want to change in the world?
Your official website doesn't really say much.
Educate me, go on, you might even draw me towards joining your organisation if I knew what you specifically stand for.

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Your 10 tenets are FAKE! You got them from huffington post! You got caught spreading FAKE NEWS. CONGRATULATIONS. YOU. GOT. CAUGHT.
Look familiar!?
www.google.com...

HERE are our tenets:

officialproudboys.com...

Minimal Government
Maximum Freedom
Anti-Political Correctness
Anti-Drug War
Closed Borders
Anti-Racial Guilt
Anti-Racism
Pro-Free Speech (1st Amendment)
Pro-Gun Rights (2nd Amendment)
Glorifying the Entrepreneur
Venerating the Housewife
Reinstating a Spirit of Western Chauvinism

PRETTY %$#!ing different from the $h*t you shared isnt it?! YOU are why people dont understand proudboys and you got caught spreading a lie. this is a blatant act of disinformation or just pure laziness....it affirms the very notion i have been mentioning of liberal propaganda. How much more proof do you need.
edit on 12-8-2018 by FurnaceFuneral because: Spelling correction

edit on 12-8-2018 by FurnaceFuneral because: Spelling correction

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Lol caught?! I'm just glad it inspired you to correct me and share with the class what you stand for, especially as your SEO skills regarding your internet media is so crap, making it difficult to find your apparent mission statement.
Thanks for sharing it, I'll quote it for other members:

Proud Boys‘ values center on the following tenets:
Minimal Government
Maximum Freedom
Anti-Political Correctness
Anti-Drug War
Closed Borders
Anti-Racial Guilt
Anti-Racism
Pro-Free Speech (1st Amendment)
Pro-Gun Rights (2nd Amendment)
Glorifying the Entrepreneur
Venerating the Housewife
Reinstating a Spirit of Western Chauvinism

Though these are our central tenets, all that is required to become a Proud Boy is that a man declare he is “a Western chauvinist who refuses to apologize for creating the modern world.”

Venerating the housewife lmao, do you not like women who work full time as much as housewives?

EDIT
I see your edit.
I'm neither Liberal or Right wing fella, I mix and match from the whole section so you won't find a box to put me in.
I will chuckle at you Proud Boyz whining like you are victims of some liberal takeover lol.
And what the hell is western chauvinism supposed to mean?

edit on 12-8-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

You’re right it wasn’t their fault. They were there to do a speech and ANTIFA showed up to deny them their right to free speech so the Proud Boys beat them up. I say good for them, the hell with ANTIFA. If ANTIFA ever had a protest in my town I would drive over to them and beat up a few of them just for fun.

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   

a reply to: neo96

"I like being a Free Market Capitalist except when I don't. Waaa!"

“I hate free market capitalism except when I don’t. Waaa!”

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

1. Yes you got caught spreading disinformation
2. Our mission statement isnt even hard to find. It literally takes 2 seconds.
3. Just because you cant find an official mission statement, gives you NO justification sharing a fake one. Its lazy and irresponsible.
4. Venerate: regard with great respect. Respecting a full time mother has absolutely nothing to do with a dislike for how often a woman choses to work if she wants to.
5. We are not whining. We are winning. Just youtube any video of us against antifa in portland. We put our money where our mouth is.
6. Western chauvanism is in my opinion: being proud of being an american. Especially as an ex soldier. Many people can have different opinions on what it is to be a western chauvanist.
7. You dont just "join" proud boys. We let you in. And right now, your chances arent looking so good.

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
maybe airbnb will still have him

The Proud Boys have a four-degree initiation process for new members.[18] In the first degree, a recruit must declare "I am a Western chauvinist who refuses to apologize for creating the modern world."[19] The second degree involves five or more Proud Boys punching the recruit until he names five breakfast cereals. To earn the third degree, the recruit must get a Proud Boy tattoo.[20] The Proud Boys' website says that the fourth degree is reserved for those who have "endured a major conflict related to the cause."

Is it me or is that initiation really gay?

Are you homophobic?

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Lol, okay, maybe I won't apply to the UK chapter which has 1000 likes on fb, and 84 followers on Twitter.
It is obviously a US thing so I'll leave others to comment on that. I'm just pleased my world doesn't have that crazy left/right/progressive/patriot bull# like I read online about the US.
People are chilled in my parts and the PC crap hasn't reached us yet...we have got electricity these days though, just to be clear.

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
Lol, okay, maybe I won't apply to the UK chapter which has 1000 likes on fb, and 84 followers on Twitter.
It is obviously a US thing so I'll leave others to comment on that. I'm just pleased my world doesn't have that crazy left/right/progressive/patriot bull# like I read online about the US.
People are chilled in my parts and the PC crap hasn't reached us yet...we have got electricity these days though, just to be clear.

It must suck not having guns or free speech eh?

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cutepants
a reply to: filthyphilanthropist

That is true. Twitter has more power than most governments do, maybe even more power than the US government, when it comes to media, although theoretically the US gov could shut them down. Twitter definitely has a monopoly of the particular service they provide. So, I can see how it's unfair to the right.

But if we force twitter to accept all users, then maybe we should force priests to marry gay couples too, and other such things that the right doesn't like. At least to me it's the same thing.

It’s not the same thing. Monopolies are illegal for a reason and this is a prime example.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join