It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter Permanently BANS Conservative Gavin McInnes and the Official Proud Boys Account

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: FurnaceFuneral
a reply to: dreamingawake

When has the administration ever denounced proudboys? This is twice now youve proven yourself foolish.

You're kidding right or foolish, because the following thread is on the top of the firehose section: "Trump Supporters Urge People to Donate to Charlottesville Victim Fund on Anniversary Weekend" - www.abovetopsecret.com...

Snip from it:

As the anniversary of the deadly Unite the Right rally in Charlottesville approaches, and the organizers plan another rally for this weekend, supporters of President Donald Trump are taking a firm stance against it and urging people on the right to donate to the Heather Heyer Foundation as a show of goodwill.

The large group of outspoken Trump supporters banded together and decided that the purest way to condemn the event would be to ask followers to donate at least $8.12, representing August 12, the day she died, to the scholarship fund in Heyer’s name.

People you want to call names of know A LOT more than what you think they know about the topic. Welcome to ATS I guess, unless you're using multiple names then LOL!

Your reeee is resonating throughout the thread.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Hate group according to whom? Name one source besides yourself whos denounced proudboys specifically as a hate group. Lets get real here. The backlash on twitter against proudboys have nothing to do with hate. Its about beta males like you and bloggers with PTSD from wedgies they recieved in middle school.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I say let the market play it out. The shareholders of Twitter, YouTube, etc won't like these platforms demonizing half of their subscribers, who now can't get the content they want to see. It's only a matter of time before alternative platforms that offer services free of speech censorship emerge and dominate the market. Let them shoot themselves in the foot. This is a slippery slope and we'll see it play out in due time. Until then, let the tensions rise. It'll make some people billionaires, mark my words.
edit on 11-8-2018 by DrCoathanger because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Where does that specifically denounce the proudboys as i asked? As i said before, proudboys are in a campaign denouncing unite the right and the violence associated with charolettesville. We werent even there. So your link holds ZERO ground. Seems like youre grasping for straws barely staying afloat. Maybe you should seek another forum to blow off some steam. Because right now, your commentary is nothing but hot air.
edit on 12-8-2018 by FurnaceFuneral because: Spelling correction

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: SgtHamsandwich

I'm not a fan of Gavin myself, nor do I know much about the Proud Boys. They are a little too far right for my taste, I'm just bringing it to the masses here at ATS.

Isn't Gavin a Canadian? What the hell is he doing here? lol

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Same reason every other canadian is here. Escaping 40% taxes. Its why nobody wants to play professional sports in toronto.

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 12:15 AM
link   

The accounts were shut down for violating the company’s policies prohibiting violent extremist groups, Twitter said in a statement to BuzzFeed News, which was first to report the suspension.

Variety

It sounds like both Proud Boys and Antifa are violent groups. I did some research on Proud Boys and found part of an interview with Alex Jones along with some information here:

Media Matters

It seems as if they are definitely a violent group of people at times. All I can say is, if Antifa is violent, maybe they should be banned from Twitter, too? Or maybe Twitter's real issue is with the Proud Boy's hate speech that they like to spew.
edit on 12amSun, 12 Aug 2018 00:16:09 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: FurnaceFuneral

You're spewing the hot air. Don't be a fool. Read about what the Trump Administration did today. They denounced ALL of the Unite the Right attendees, that includes Proud Boys that attended. If you really are one of them how do you not know this?

Twitter suspended the accounts associated with Proud Boys, a right-wing group present at the 2017 Unite the Right rally in Charlottesville, and its founder, Gavin McInnes. The suspensions came ahead of the Unite the Right 2 rally expected to take place in Washington, D.C. on Sunda
Source
See and this isn't grasping straws it's apparent you don't know much about the people you are trying to be with.
I implore you to educate yourself. As they aren't for you nor the Right. Don't be a shill for them.

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 03:03 AM
link   

You are literally throwing away your country.
When you support selective censoring you are enabling fascism. You are creating the environment for one extreme side of a political ideology to communicate, organise, and spread lies whilst suppressing dissent.
The division created over 8 years of Obama created the environment to allow this and have willing fools cheer it on.
Don't be surprised or upset with the final result.

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 03:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

When you support selective censoring you are enabling fascism. You are creating the environment for one extreme side of a political ideology to communicate, organise, and spread lies whilst suppressing dissent.
The division created over 8 years of Obama created the environment to allow this and have willing fools cheer it on.
Don't be surprised or upset with the final result.

Selective censorship, is that what trump is doing when outing CNN as fake news?

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 04:34 AM
link   
I'll quote myself again-

"Is political affiliation a protected class?"

If not, then there's not much to discuss other than the moral and/or ethical implications of the decision.

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 05:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Chickensalad

Political affiliation is not a protected class in the UK, I'm assuming it's the same In the US?
If I ran my own social media platform I'd ban the EDL and Britain First from my servers.
No government should have the power to force me to accommodate ideologies I disagree with on my privately owned servers.
Start your own right wing websites up.

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   

As a long time member of the proudboys…

What is your favorite breakfast cereal?

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454
And yet not long ago, we were told we needed Net Neutrality to protect us from what private companies decide to do.

Are we going back on that?

Are we?

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963
Care to try again? Apparently you don't understand what the role of our Constitutional Republic form of government is about. Let me tell ya. THEY used to stop monopolies such as Corporations buying up small competitors.

Actually, since we're apparently giving out a free United States History lesson, the anti-trust movement's staunchest supporter was that Progressive, Theodore Roosevelt who built on the Sherman Act of 1890 which happened to be signed into law by another anti-big business Republican. The Founding Fathers had nothing to say on the matter.

edit on 12-8-2018 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
When you support selective censoring you are enabling fascism.

I asked this earlier in the thread but I suppose everyone was choking on their soy milk and couldn't answer.

Do you have a problem with Alexander Hamilton using his New York Post to publish only op-eds supporting the Federalist movement while the Anti-Federalists got shut out from the publication?

Pro Tip: Alexander Hamilton was one of the Founding Fathers.

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Joecanada11
a reply to: yuppa

Since when is black lives matters a hate group? Like seriously where is your head at.

Any group that promotes just one ethnicity of people is a hate group to me.

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Lets not forget "what do we want. Dead cops. When do we want it? Now". And "pigs in a blanket. Fry em' like bacon". Pigs in a blanket is slang for cops in a bodybag just fyi. Yes blm are a hate group. They certainly fit the criteria.

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Lets not forget "what do we want. Dead cops. When do we want it? Now". And "pigs in a blanket. Fry em' like bacon". Pigs in a blanket is slang for cops in a bodybag just fyi. Yes blm are a hate group. They certainly fit the criteria.

Doesn't matter what they say they are not white. They are allowed to... You will get no opposition in this thread for that group from this group.
edit on 12-8-2018 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   

No proudboys went to Cville, yesterday and ANTIFA were violently attacking people. Charlottesville police officer severely injured last night after being beaten by gang of "peaceful protesters" and students.
More proof that the violence last year was not precipitated by the UTR attendees but by leftists. Color me shocked. Your whole view of the proudboys is a farse. Nothing more than leftist propaganda. Sad world you believe every blog on the internet without doing ANY personal research beyond your comfort zone aka your computer.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join