It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter Permanently BANS Conservative Gavin McInnes and the Official Proud Boys Account

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: ErrorErrorError

originally posted by: ker2010

If these companies do indeed have the right they should be CONSISTENT in what they define as hate speech and ban it form BOTH sides.

Can we agree on that?

They dont have to.
They dont owe you nor me anything.
They can do whatever pleases them.
This is not happening in some public park but rather on servers that are owned by Twitter.

So when the multi national Corporations decide to shut down speech they do not agree with you are cool with it? Remind me the next time you Progs scream bloody murder about how the evil Corporations are keeping us down and when they decide your speech is hateful!

Freakin amazing, watching the political herd on the far left stick up those evil corporations!

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: ErrorErrorError

If these companies do indeed have the right they should be CONSISTENT in what they define as hate speech and ban it form BOTH sides.

Can we agree on that?

They dont have to.
They dont owe you nor me anything.
They can do whatever pleases them.
This is not happening in some public park but rather on servers that are owned by Twitter.

So when the multi national Corporations decide to shut down speech they do not agree with you are cool with it? Remind me the next time you Progs scream bloody murder about how the evil Corporations are keeping us down and when they decide your speech is hateful!

Freakin amazing, watching the political herd on the far left stick up those evil corporations!

They are private businesses, they can do whatever the hell they want to with their product. Is anyone forcing you to post on Twitter, Facebook or YouTube?! Nope. Twitter, Facebook nor YouTube are public belonging. They are private business with t&c just like the very site we are posting on now. Don't like it? Don't use it!! That's the beauty of capitalism. You can punish every one of them by deleting your profile and stop generating revenue

It's that simple really
edit on 11-8-2018 by ErrorErrorError because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   

a reply to: CornishCeltGuy
If these companies do indeed have the right they should be CONSISTENT in what they define as hate speech and ban it all sides.

Can we agree on that?
I support the right of private companies to choose whatever they want to be held on their servers. ATS mods censor all the time based on their own interpretation of what is accceptable.
If you disagree with Twitter and the rest then you should also condemn ATS staff and mods for making their own calls on censorship.
I have no problem with it. Right wing groups are free to start their own social media platforms up, and the day there is a threat to that freedom is the day I'll start being concerned.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Obviously, don't support Unite the Right.

Agree with a private company's right to ban anyone they want.

What is worrying, however, is that this fringe group that has little to no leadership, funding, or even much of a following is being effectively marginalized while their counterparts on the other side are becoming more and more mainstream. And promoted within that mainstream.

That is the real issue here.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I remember a thread on here where the right was happy that companies would start cracking down on fake news and propaganda sites. They just thought it would be left wing news sources and how wrong they were. LMAO
edit on 11-8-2018 by damonster because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Censorship goes against my Libertarian beliefs. I know Twitter can do what they want, but I blame this on Progressives and their silence anything they don’t like mindset.

Just one more reason I keep getting dragged to the right against my will thanks to a looney left that is a threat to our Republic.
edit on 2018/8/11 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: SgtHamsandwich

Its a comedic irony that the people who are crying fascism in this society the most are acting like the biggest fascists.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: openminded2011
a reply to: SgtHamsandwich

Its a comedic irony that the people who are crying fascism in this society the most are acting like the biggest fascists.

Do as I say. Not as I do.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
Censorship goes against my Libertarian beliefs. I know Twitter can do what they want, but I blame this on Progressives and their silence anything they don’t like mindset.

Just one more reason I keep getting dragged to the right against my will thanks to a looney left that is a threat to our Republic.

Scary isn't it? When you go to vote you only know one thing. God help us if we let the far left take over, so we vote for those who we know won't solve any issues we as a Republic are facing, but we are voting AGAINST those who wish to openly destroy it.......

edit on 11-8-2018 by seeker1963 because: spelling as usual

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Is political affiliation a protected class?

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

a reply to: CornishCeltGuy
If these companies do indeed have the right they should be CONSISTENT in what they define as hate speech and ban it all sides.

Can we agree on that?
I support the right of private companies to choose whatever they want to be held on their servers. ATS mods censor all the time based on their own interpretation of what is accceptable.
If you disagree with Twitter and the rest then you should also condemn ATS staff and mods for making their own calls on censorship.
I have no problem with it. Right wing groups are free to start their own social media platforms up, and the day there is a threat to that freedom is the day I'll start being concerned.

And a gay couple has the right to start their own bakery if they don't like being turned away.
Easier said than done, but still true.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   
As a long time member of the proudboys, i couldnt give two sh*ts about twitter, or any other social media platform. In the end, this only helps conservatives in 2020, as the #WalkAway movement is currently the largest movement in the country right now.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: FurnaceFuneral

Pro-Trump & Russian-Linked Twitter Accounts Are Posing As Ex-Democrats In New Astroturfed Movement

A closer look at this emerging narrative—a self-described “grassroots movement” of former Democrats fleeing the party—revealed an AstroTurf campaign driven by pro-Trump Twitter users and amplified by automated and Russian-linked accounts.

Most of the tweets were strikingly similar, and the vast majority pushed a very familiar narrative. Using the hashtag #WalkAway and claiming to be former Democrats, social media users shared their stories of leaving the Democratic party after being turned off by the “hate” and “division” of “the left.

Did the #WalkAway Campaign Use Stock Photographs for People It Claimed Left the Democratic Party?

the #WalkAway campaign was criticized for sharing memes utilizing photographs of liberals who were purportedly personally testifying to “walking away” from the Democratic Party, but those memes actually employed commercial images of anonymous people provided by the stock photography site Shutterstock:

The #WalkAway meme is what happens when everything is viral and nothing matters

On the pro-Trump Internet last weekend, the #WalkAway hashtag was the nexus of an exciting idea: that “millions of Americans are walking away from the Democrat party,” as one pro-Trump account put it. Breitbart said that the hashtag had gone viral; the Epoch Times said it represented a “growing movement” of Democrats — particularly minority Democrats — abandoning their party, and liberalism.

The pro-Trump Internet is really good at convincing its audience that going viral signals popular opinion, that its movement is and always will be #winning. In this case, #WalkAway is the answer to the possibility of a Blue Wave in the 2018 midterms. It doesn’t need to be true to be effective. After all, the hashtag has now become an article in The Washington Post

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: damonster
a reply to: FurnaceFuneral

Pro-Trump & Russian-Linked Twitter Accounts Are Posing As Ex-Democrats In New Astroturfed Movement

A closer look at this emerging narrative—a self-described “grassroots movement” of former Democrats fleeing the party—revealed an AstroTurf campaign driven by pro-Trump Twitter users and amplified by automated and Russian-linked accounts.

Most of the tweets were strikingly similar, and the vast majority pushed a very familiar narrative. Using the hashtag #WalkAway and claiming to be former Democrats, social media users shared their stories of leaving the Democratic party after being turned off by the “hate” and “division” of “the left.

Did the #WalkAway Campaign Use Stock Photographs for People It Claimed Left the Democratic Party?

the #WalkAway campaign was criticized for sharing memes utilizing photographs of liberals who were purportedly personally testifying to “walking away” from the Democratic Party, but those memes actually employed commercial images of anonymous people provided by the stock photography site Shutterstock:

The #WalkAway meme is what happens when everything is viral and nothing matters

On the pro-Trump Internet last weekend, the #WalkAway hashtag was the nexus of an exciting idea: that “millions of Americans are walking away from the Democrat party,” as one pro-Trump account put it. Breitbart said that the hashtag had gone viral; the Epoch Times said it represented a “growing movement” of Democrats — particularly minority Democrats — abandoning their party, and liberalism.

The pro-Trump Internet is really good at convincing its audience that going viral signals popular opinion, that its movement is and always will be #winning. In this case, #WalkAway is the answer to the possibility of a Blue Wave in the 2018 midterms. It doesn’t need to be true to be effective. After all, the hashtag has now become an article in The Washington Post

I mean, of course they're going to try to discredit a movement that's taking Dem votes.

Sorry to break it to you, but it is a very real thing. There are plenty of REAL people behind it.

( Do Not reply to this post-I'm just an ATS bot beep-boop)

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   

The Proud Boys have a four-degree initiation process for new members.[18] In the first degree, a recruit must declare "I am a Western chauvinist who refuses to apologize for creating the modern world."[

LMAO like conservatives like to point out, you know when they say "why should we be held accountable for what our ancestors did?", the white people of today had nothing to do with modern civilization.

Also modern civilization is not pure white owned, they had help from various cultures.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chickensalad

I mean, of course they're going to try to discredit a movement that's taking Dem votes.

Sorry to break it to you, but it is a very real thing. There are plenty of REAL people behind it.

( Do Not reply to this post-I'm just an ATS bot beep-boop)

Actually they probably are a few hundred or thousand but not the amount Trump supporters are claiming such as million upon millions. LMAO
edit on 11-8-2018 by damonster because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: damonster

Yea, I doubt that its millions upon millions as well. That's seems a little hyperbolic. Honestly never heard anyone claim it was millions until you posted those links.

But, that doesn't discredit the movement as a real thing.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: neo96
Where's free market when a company intentionally throws money away?

Yall would be singing a different tune if Google,Facebook,Twitter, Abovetopsecret started banning liberals.

"I want a private enterprise to share my morals!" *virtue signals*

Lol'ing at 'y'all'.

John Wayne Voice: Okay pilgrum, in case you haven't noticed I did give a rat's patootie what a private company does or doesn't in regards their customers. Their money, their call, pard.

And yet not long ago, we were told we needed Net Neutrality to protect us from what private companies decide to do.

Are we going back on that?

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom
So many good jokes there I can't pick one.

"When Freemasons think your rituals are gay, it's time to ________."

All we do is wear some funny pajamas. This is next level gay. It's so gay they should move to Colorado and have a cake made for them.

I'm hyper offended by your homophobic comments.

You should be banned.

So you're offended by both homophobes and women, I see pattern emerging here....

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

That's pretty much the definition of private enterprise. Don't like it? Maybe we shouldn't push for such a small government, so that they can be involved in having beliefs heard. But that's against the rights fundamental beliefs.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join