It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter Permanently BANS Conservative Gavin McInnes and the Official Proud Boys Account

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: ker2010
Twitter,Youtube, Facebook are all GOVERNMENT controlled businesses acting as private corporation. All of those companies where either funded by the Gov. Or they are purchased by corporations that where started with Gov. funds.

No they are not.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ErrorErrorError

Twitter,Youtube, Facebook are all GOVERNMENT controlled businesses acting as private corporation. All of those companies where either funded by the Gov. Or they are purchased by corporations that where started with Gov. funds.

No they are not.

Yes they are!

All of these platforms have gotten federal subsidies!

Want to talk about education?

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: ErrorErrorError
Maybe the big guy has some evidence he'd like to share with the class regarding government ownership of major social media platforms?
I'm keen to read it.
Otherwise, nope, I say stop whining that a private company has decided who it wants on it's servers. No constitutional rights have been infringed.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

No they are not.

Yes they are!

All of these platforms have gotten federal subsidies!

Want to talk about education?

Prove that these companies are controlled by the government. I'll get the popcorn ready

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

I'll beat them to the punch, they're going to use state or local tax abatement/reductions as receiving a 'subsidy'. I got my property taxes reduced, it wasn't a subsidy, it was a negotiation that worked out in my favor.

Setting aside that derpage it doesn't make a private company governmentally-held, otherwise Walmart is as well since they get huge property tax abatements via negotiating with local municipalities.

edit on 11-8-2018 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: SgtHamsandwich

They must’ve really F’d up to get banned since Twitter hasn’t jumped on the Ban Alex Jones wagon unlike the other huge social media platforms.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
Maybe the big guy has some evidence he'd like to share with the class regarding government ownership of major social media platforms?
I'm keen to read it.
Otherwise, nope, I say stop whining that a private company has decided who it wants on it's servers. No constitutional rights have been infringed.

I wouldn't hold my breath. But this crap is funny. Alex Jones and some jackass who no one has heard about before get banned and these people get so riled up. They even claim how banning of these people is a ban of conservative speakers before the mid term elections.
Since when has Alex Jones represented conservative values?! In fact the social media is doing the GOP a favor of getting rid of these assholes.
edit on 11-8-2018 by ErrorErrorError because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   

a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Doesn't matter, these companies are just solidifying conservative votes with these actions. And I can't wait for the crow to be served again as it was in 2016. The tears will be a thing of beauty to behold once more. And I will be here to see you leftist crying with my liberal tear mug and Ill savor every drop.

PS I hope you will be around mark this post

edit on 11-8-2018 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   

And I will be here to see you leftist crying with my liberal tear mug and Ill savor every drop.

Sorry bucakaroo, not a leftist. I didn't vote for your orange asshat or the senile crone.

(post by ker2010 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ker2010

It's cool, take a ticket.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   

a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Doesn't matter, these companies are just solidifying conservative votes with these actions. And I can't wait for the crow to be served again as it was in 2016. The tears will be a thing of beauty to behold once more. And I will be here to see you leftist crying with my liberal tear mug and Ill savor every drop.

PS I hope you will be around mark this post

You called these asshats conservatives. I couldnt come up with a better insult for GOP myself.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ker2010
Ignoring who may or may not be an asshat for a moment, do you have any evidence to support your earlier claims that social media companies are owned by the US government?

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

And I will be here to see you leftist crying with my liberal tear mug and Ill savor every drop.

Sorry bucakaroo, not a leftist. I didn't vote for your orange asshat or the senile crone.

He will catch LEFTIST tears with a LIBERAL mug..
What ever happened to liberal tears?
This right here illustratates how infowars sewage flooded and spilled over in to ATS.
edit on 11-8-2018 by ErrorErrorError because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   
So nobody thinks it's because of the cereal and polo shirts? Cause I'm about to donate all my polo shirts to goodwill and dump my cheerios in the garbage disposal.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 03:29 PM
link   

He will catch LEFTIST tears with a LIBERAL mug..

I was wondering about that, guess he has a Rachel Maddow mug from the MSNBC gift shop.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

No i don't have solid proof.

I hardly watched Alex, just some of his older stuff. Gavin McInnes don't watch him at all. I do not like censorship unless it's blatantly a call for violence. I didn't see that or what id considered hate speech in what they posted.

That goes for people I can't stomach like the TYT as well. I don't want them censored even with their anti-white propaganda.

Appears some are fine with it. That's your right but things like this tend to circle back and bite people in the ass.

If these companies do indeed have the right they should be CONSISTENT in what they define as hate speech and ban it all sides.

Can we agree on that?
edit on 11-8-2018 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

They must’ve really F’d up to get banned since Twitter hasn’t jumped on the Ban Alex Jones wagon unlike the other huge social media platforms.

Yeah, especially with a perma-ban. I feel there is more to it that just simply "hate speech", but that's just me. I'm more skeptical and don't trust things at face value at times. Hence why I was drawn to become a member here.

It is weird they haven't axed Alex....yet.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   

If these companies do indeed have the right they should be CONSISTENT in what they define as hate speech and ban it form BOTH sides.

Can we agree on that?

They dont have to.
They dont owe you nor me anything.
They can do whatever pleases them.
This is not happening in some public park but rather on servers that are owned by Twitter.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: SgtHamsandwich

originally posted by: Swills

Yeah, especially with a perma-ban. I feel there is more to it that just simply "hate speech", but that's just me. I'm more skeptical and don't trust things at face value at times. Hence why I was drawn to become a member here.

It is weird they haven't axed Alex....yet.

Everyone banning AJ and other fringe alternative dimwits are doing conservatives a huge favor.
But that's just my 2 cents

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join