It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter Permanently BANS Conservative Gavin McInnes and the Official Proud Boys Account

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

What does that have to do with the price of tea in China?

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults
Just pointing it out to the class because you were discussing Twitter and it is irrelevant due to the fact that twitter has not banned Alex Jones.
You need to whine about the other platforms not twitter lol

EDIT
Alex Jones on Twitter[
*Your 'proud boys' seem like a bunch of pricks anyway so I say unlucky if a private company doesn't want them in their house. No constitutional rights have been breached so it's a non story of censorship to me.
edit on 11-8-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: intrepid

I don't think you use Twitter lol.

Nope. Now that's noteworthy imo.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   

I think the point is Many Antifa related types HAVE posted threats of violence on Twitter and not been banned.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

I think the point is Many Antifa related types HAVE posted threats of violence on Twitter and not been banned.

They get banned if they break T&Cs

nationonenews.com...

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

Shhhh! Twitter only bans the Alt-Right.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: ScepticScot

Shhhh! Twitter only bans the Alt-Right.

Sorry, my bad.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: TinySickTears
a reply to: DBCowboy

cant on twitter is not the same as cant anywhere

you know this

I do.

But censorship is censorship.

Burning books doesn't mean burning every book.

It just means burning some books that are in the pile.

If you and the others are going to celebrate legal censorship, then own it.

I am against it.

Why are you posting on ATS if you are against it?
A thread about a certain pizza will get you banned right away. Labeling Muslims as inbreds will do the same. Imagine Twitter as a house. If you break the house rules you can gtfo and find another house to reside in or build your own where you can do whatever the hell you want. You can yell censorship as long as you want but it really isn't. Bigots can still post on the internet and broadcast crap on the radio. Just not on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube etc.
edit on 11-8-2018 by ErrorErrorError because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-8-2018 by ErrorErrorError because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion
a reply to: amazing

Fcking Müsli-Hippies like you really need to get off that stars n stripes sprinkled lawn then, eh?

Make Allbreakfasts GMO Again!

LOL I don't get it. why am I a hippy?

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
Proud Boys go out to push back on Antifa violence. When Antifa start their antics they get beatings.
The strange thing is that Antifa are still welcome on Twitter, whilst those that defend against them are not.
That tells you what you need to know - this is not a T&Cs issue, it's a censorship issue driven by ideology.

Maybe Twitter doesn't like breakfast cereal and polo shirts? Not sure why you need to be a "proud boy" to push back against violence. I teach self defense. My students are well equipped to handle Antifa if need be. They aren't proud boys and they don't all eat breakfast cereal and wear polo shirts. LOL

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Private company, and I don't like their policies so I don't use Twitter.

A lot of whining here when the best thing to do if you disagree is to stop using them. I disagree with Walmart and their numerous practices I don't support -- so guess what? I haven't entered a Walmart in many years.

You don't like the way a company does business, put your wallet back in your pocket.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kharron

A lot of whining here when the best thing to do if you disagree is to stop using them. I disagree with Walmart and their numerous practices I don't support -- so guess what? I haven't entered a Walmart in many years.

You don't like the way a company does business, put your wallet back in your pocket.

I agree 100%
That's the beauty of capitalism.
Bigoted idiots sphewing crap is not profitable.
They can always create their own social platform and see how it goes.
Many people on this site think that free speech is a "hall pass" card to be a douche whenever and wherever you want. That's not how it works. I bet that if I stood outside your house and kept yelling your daughter is a whore you would knock me the f out. Doubt anyone would protect my right to free speech

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ErrorErrorError

I agree 100%
Many people on this site think that free speech is a "hall pass" card to be a douche whenever and wherever you want. That's not how it works. I bet that if I stood outside your house and kept yelling your daughter is a whore you would knock me the f out. Doubt anyone would protect my right to free speech

Actually disturbing the peace is a crime so you would be beat on by the police most likely. ANybody with common sense will let the cops handle it because if the man you were calling his daughter a whorw hit you THEY would go to jail for assaulting you.

Your yelling broke the rights of the people around you to be happy in their own person and home. also breaks the right to persue happiness.
SO no we would not defend your right to free speech because you ignored our rights.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   

I agree 100%

You're allowed to be as ‘bigoted’ as you please, so long as it’s targeting the group that isn’t on-par with the status quo.

This is a concentrated effort to shut down alternative (not read Alt-Right) voices before the Mid-terms. The voices being silenced were markedly greater at influencing the populace than some of the standard media outlets during Trump’s campaign.

The left tried to subvert the election from behind the scenes using the standard media outlets but this time I think they are saying “# it” and just going after anyone who goes against their narrative.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Eventually this idiocy is going to bite these people in the ass. It already has pushed the most popular conservatives to create their own station with CRTV, this is next and guess who has all the purchasing power in this country?

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

originally posted by: pavil

They get banned if they break T&Cs

nationonenews.com...

Hmmmmm, their twitter seems to be back up.

Link

Their Pinned Tweet:

Pinned Tweet Revolutionary Student Front - Austin ‏ @RSFAustin May 10 More Neo-Confederate nerd Christopher Ritchie frequently shows up to campus to disrupt and livestream our events. Tonight, he showed up to disrupt the Reece trial and instead livstreamed his own ass getting jumped and his phone broken after attempting to follow two people off campus.

edit on 11-8-2018 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: ker2010

I agree 100%

You're allowed to be as ‘bigoted’ as you please, so long as it’s targeting the group that isn’t on-par with the status quo.

This is a concentrated effort to shut down alternative (not read Alt-Right) voices before the Mid-terms. The voices being silenced were markedly greater at influencing the populace than some of the standard media outlets during Trump’s campaign.

The left tried to subvert the election from behind the scenes using the standard media outlets but this time I think they are saying “# it” and just going after anyone who goes against their narrative.

The alt right voices can still be heard on the internet. YouTube, Facebook and Twitter are not the internet. No one is stopping you to create an alt right version of YouTube or Twitter.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults
The conservatives can create their own social media platform as well, nobody is stopping them.
Nobody has had their constitutional rights infringed so I don't see why people are whining to be honest.
No different to ATS banning people for certain agendas, not my house and all that.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Twitter,Youtube, Facebook are all GOVERNMENT controlled businesses acting as private corporation. All of those companies where either funded by the Gov. Or they are purchased by corporations that where started with Gov. funds.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

I agree 100%

Actually disturbing the peace is a crime so you would be beat on by the police most likely. ANybody with common sense will let the cops handle it because if the man you were calling his daughter a whorw hit you THEY would go to jail for assaulting you.

Your yelling broke the rights of the people around you to be happy in their own person and home. also breaks the right to persue happiness.
SO no we would not defend your right to free speech because you ignored our rights.

You can compare yelling with these idiots spamming Twitter with their crap. Twitter doesn't want none of their yelling so instead they ban them because there is no police to call.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join