It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

22 Billion Dollars found: Photos of a Mexican drug lord’s home after being raided

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

I had that image in my images whatchamacallit, too.

$22B sounds like the "street value" of the cash. LOL

Like how the cops bust a pound of dirt weed and then say its "street value" is $50,000 type noise.

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: glend

How do you count 22 billion anything?

They would need to weight it i imagine. LoL
edit on 12-8-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Yes, they probably had scales in the house. Ridiculous wealth.

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I had that image in my images whatchamacallit, too.

$22B sounds like the "street value" of the cash. LOL

Like how the cops bust a pound of dirt weed and then say its "street value" is $50,000 type noise.

Well now, you need to keep some cash around for emergencies! And maybe the dude's wife likes shoes. Teenage daughter?

Seriously, that is just obscene. I don't know what 22 billion should look like, I mean, that looks like billions, could fool me, anyway just know that picture is plain ridiculous. I can't imagine but some Neanderthal having that much cash, what the purpose is, considering also it's just a heap of paper, built on blood and wrecked lives, and for what? Where are you going to spend all that? What are you going to do with all that? Try to spend a fraction of it, advertise to the legitimate world somebody needs to lock you up? What you can do with that much is nothing, that's what. Ridiculous. It's like needing a semi-trailer to haul your mad money around. That heap of cash is a monument to stupidity, especially when you consider:

Matthew 16:26 For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?

I can't imagine what sort of cretin arrives in hell or jail, over a heap of useless paper they left behind. Are these people simply so very insecure to think they'll starve or something, without 22 billion? Run out of toilet paper? And when they need to go on the run, are they going to put that in a bugout bag? Seems you not only cannot take it with you to hell, but you can't really take it anywhere, here. Furthermore, these drug kingpins, that don't know when to quit, all go down. At no point do they use some common sense, like decide a few million or whatever is enough, time to retire in some haven and stay out of jail or the crosshairs? It's all just nuts. Though it is very fortunate that most criminals are, bottom line, stupid. They even give their worst enemies, the police, a job and career. Wonder if they ever consider, sitting in that 6x8 cell, that they made the system possible?

By the way, didn't this dude live near a Wachovia or HSBC? It would make a little more sense, if the picture were a warehouse full of toasters.

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Maybe the guy just had a chronic cold?

Kudos for the good memory you have.

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   
The title is such BullS..t!!! I am going to DEBUNK this BS right now!!!

That report is just various pictures and articles stitched together from various reports, the good thing is that I remember this case, the money in question is only 206 million dollars, it was confiscated in a house that is not that luxurious mansion they post pictures of..

The money came from Zhenli Ye Gon who was involved with the Sinaloa Cartel by supplying chemicals used in the production of metamphetamines, here is an article you might want to use google translate for it. It happened in 2015

elpais.com...

The so called gun museum inside the house is just the "Museo del narco" (Drug trafficker's museum) story here if you want to use google translate

elpais.com...

STOP BELIEVING EVERYTHING YOU READ JUST BECAUSE IT'S ON THE INTERNET...!!!

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: glend

How do you count 22 billion anything?

They would need to weight it i imagine. LoL

Cant weigh it....has to be counted. Weight would fluctuate with moisture which I would guess all of these Bill's have if in circulation.

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   
if there was a real war on drugs then all these top cartel men would be dead by now - killed for their involvement with drugs.

The rules of law are bypassed at other levels when ever needed.
edit on 8/12/2018 by roadgravel because: typo

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   
deleted requote
edit on 8/12/2018 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

A 22 billion Dollar, cough, cough, find through is one hell of a red herring.

Talk about sacrificing your Queen, that could buy the crown jewels about 50 times over.

What I'm saying is if you can take that kind of hit and keep on kicking your not just a drug dealer your an invisible superpower.

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

How many lifetimes would that take to count by hand? A few would be my bet. LoL

Money counters i take it, even then the margin for human error is still there.

I imagine 22 billion anything would be more of a guestimation than an accurate figure or count.

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 07:06 PM
link   
These kinda things, should show how bad USD inflation is, lol.

22 bill in CASH, new hundos too mind you some of em, and there's not a notice at all, other than this article / pics, and it wouldn't of been public news.

But you'd think, a society, with a valued economy, would notice such, hording of cash...

That, should scare us all

---

Imagine a terrorist attack, where, all the druglords, go to spend their cash, at once, throughout the USA... oh wait, it's in the process
edit on 12-8-2018 by Tranceopticalinclined because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Take the US military and end the cartels. They will be killing some where so why not have it help in the states.
edit on 8/12/2018 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Well you lot seem to have come across the vast haul.

It's not like another drug dealer is going to turn up any claim it unless his names CIA.

Hopefully, it can be put to good use but somehow i imagine it will just end up in the wrong peoples' pockets.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 06:37 AM
link   
For poorly-paid police on a huge bust in Mexico?

You count it like: "One bundle of $$$ for the evidence locker... One for us... One bundle for the evidence locker... One for us..."

But seriously... We have had members in this thread who've calculated the big pile of cash was around 300-odd mil. Officially, it was a little over $200 mil. (Not $22 bil.) And then there were all those cabinets full, etc. So, it looks like a big chunk was not "officially" there. Would not surprise me if a good half of the cash never got "counted".

As for how you count that much money, the drug lords very likely have their own automated counting machines, just like they use in banks, etc.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ATSAlex
The article you linked was released in 2015, but the events happened in 2007, actually. (The bust was in March, and Zhenli Ye Gon was arrested in the USA a few months later.) But yes, the real figure was about what you've stated. IMO the "$22 billion" is just some idiotic click-bait hype by someone on the internet somewhere -- and it got picked up by many and has been doing the rounds.

I give more details and links etc in my post HERE on page 2 in this thread.

posted on Aug, 19 2018 @ 04:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
So much money they didn't know what to do with it.

Every pile of cash is a broken life. These drugs gangs should be ruthlessly destroyed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join