It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

22 Billion Dollars found: Photos of a Mexican drug lord’s home after being raided

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 04:56 AM
link   
The pictures of the house at the below link are worth a look see IMO. This actually happened in 2007 ? or 2016 ? ( I am not sure) but it is the first time I have seen Pictures of his Zoo, Pool, stacks of money, and the inside of his house..Awesome ! Who said a life of crime does not pay, be it short or not.. The 22 billion was just in one room...there were many rooms and closets !

The money and valuables found in this one house alone, would be enough to pay for health insurance for every man woman and child in the USA for 12 years! It is estimated there are approximately 27 more of these houses in Mexico alone. Not to mention the ones in other countries who are enriching themselves in the drug trade. These people have so much money, they make the Arab oil sheiks look like welfare recipients. Their money can buy politicians, cops, judges, whatever they need they just throw down stacks of cash and it is theirs! This is why the drug problem is so difficult to fight.

Next time you are out buying street drugs there is someone way up the druggie food chain that thanks you.
www.veteranstoday.com...

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 05:00 AM
link   
You don't get that kind of wealth without political clout. Just ask Bill Gates who got his legitimately .
edit on 0800000055002018-08-11T05:00:55-05:00005508am5 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 05:07 AM
link   
So much money they didn't know what to do with it.

I would like to have that sort of money problem.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Good god....the problem isn't the dealers....it's the users. How many peeps are smoking these days?????

(meant to quote, not edit. Apologies ATA)
edit on 11-8-2018 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 05:18 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

I think that’s the real reason they won’t legalise all drugs, there’s just to much money going into back pockets through bribes and such. Plus nasty accidents if you don’t play ball.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 05:49 AM
link   
If i had $22 billion dollars I sure wouldn't be buying gold firearms.(tacky).

With that much money the dude should have built a vault.

'More guns than you can imagine' ?

I imagine a hell of a lot more than what he had.

edit on 11-8-2018 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 06:14 AM
link   
I wonder how many people have been fed to those pet big cats?

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Ummm...If I had 22 billion dollars just laying around...I would invest it in SpaceEx and first moon...then asteroid mining...quintillions to be made out there...
Robotics and low/zero G manufacturing...make it all up there...keep the detritus up there and use it for infrastructure...

Only ship finished products down the gravity well...

That's what I would do...

YouSir

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

The problem is someone would take it away from you. That’s what all the guns were for.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

Give it to our government.
They could spend that in a week, easily.
edit on 11-8-2018 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Hour.

They could spend it in an hour.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
The 22 billion was just in one room...

Doing some quick calculations of the main pile-- 12 rows deep, 30 across, and about 3' high, with a max 3000 bills per 12" stack, assuming all $100 bills,--you'd have about $324 Million there. Still impressive, but not exactly 22 Billion.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: starviego

originally posted by: 727Sky
The 22 billion was just in one room...

Doing some quick calculations of the main pile-- 12 rows deep, 30 across, and about 3' high, with a max 3000 bills per 12" stack, assuming all $100 bills,--you'd have about $324 Million there. Still impressive, but not exactly 22 Billion.

Yeah...I'm thinking they meant 220 million. There is no possible way even 1 billion is in that stack.

Either way it's still a ton.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

What's the conversion rate to pesos? "22 Billion" might be the peso equivalent.

Could be a translation issue.

edit on 8/11/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

The "problem" with having that much cash is, it's very difficult to do anything with it.

Sure you can buy houses and luxury items, but to make any big investments like what you're talking about would require that money to be in a bank somewhere, or in the form of some kind of regulated security. I think even Elon Musk might raise an eyebrow or three if an investor said he wanted to invest a billion or so...and then whistled to a U-haul truck to start backing into the loading dock to start unloading the tons of cash money. Well, maybe not, but you get the point.

As hard as it is to believe, having that much cash almost becomes a burden. It's not very mobile, and it takes an army to move it around. Plus, if it gets very far out of your circle of control, theft becomes an increasing problem.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Hmmmmm...this is kind of interesting too. The pictures exemplify one of the reasons why the US Treasury eliminated $1,000 bills.

$1,000 bills, they made organized crime more portable...by a factor of 10x.

ETA - (GASP! Could the US government have actually done something productive and right for once????? Perish the thought!!!)
edit on 8/11/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Probably kept the cash at home because the banks wanted to skim too much to launder it.

Can't trust those bankers when it comes to hard cash and no questions asked.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: Vasa Croe

What's the conversion rate to pesos? "22 Billion" might be the peso equivalent.

Could be a translation issue.

Yep...could definitely be a translation thing. I just know that 22 billion would take a few rooms filled.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
Good god....the problem isn't the dealers....it's the users. How many peeps are smoking these days?????

(meant to quote, not edit. Apologies ATA)

That's why legalizing the leaf is probably in the best interest of all parties...even the non-smokers.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

Marijuana is not the problem, and it's not where the money is either. The money in Mexico and South America is in coc aine.

I'm not sure I'm in agreement on legalizing coc aine though. The "war on drugs" is a farce, and a ruse, wherein the government becomes the drug dealer and controls prices by making it illegal and thereby maximizing profits to use for illicit operations. This much is true, but legalizing something like coc aine, which truly is a narcotic, would cause a nation wide epidemic of drug addiction. This much is certain also.

Cocaine is a monumental problem to solve principally because it commands so much money it corrupts entire governments. The only way to stop it is to pay growers more than what they make off the cocoa to grow something else. But the only way to do this is to get in between their government and the growers, something the governments won't allow because it cuts off their money supply. And, politicians the world over are the greediest of the greedy vermin on planet Earth. The only way to succeed there would be to pay off the governments more than the drug dealers pay them...which is incomprehensible sums of money. Money doesn't grow on trees, but it does on cocoa plants.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join