It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fairfield SC losing another 126 jobs after TV-maker closes plant, citing Trump tariffs

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

If you don't give him credit then don't post how it's his fault if he didn't do anything.

I blame congress for the idiotic corporate giveaway. For the deficit increase.

I don't give Trump credit for much of anything, true. But he's the one who imposed the tariffs which are hurting more than they are helping, not congress.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

The problem I have with that is that many of the benefits happened before Congress did anything. It's the result of stability that Trump brings, not just policy.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

From the Element web page..

"*Some Element Electronics televisions sold in the United States are Assembled in the United States from foreign parts and components. For a list of models Assembled in the USA, click here." www.elementelectronics.com...

clever... here's the page of TV's assembled in the USA from foreign parts... www.elementelectronics.com...

Where are all the rest of ELement's TV's assembled?

Just asking...

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 10:12 PM
link   

The problem I have with that is that many of the benefits happened before Congress did anything.
Yes. And before Trump was elected, as well.

Or are you speaking of something else?

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: JacKatMtn

Just asking...

Does it matter? The ones assembled in the US now cost too much thanks to Trump's tariffs so those jobs are gone.

edit on 8/11/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 10:24 PM
link   

It matters when the disclaimer is in FINE PRINT on their PAGE claiming in large bold font... PROUDLY ASSEMBLED IN AMERICA*

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I see. Never mind that they actually do list the models not assembled in the US. So that you can buy one of those, if you want.

Never mind that they can't support that market. It's their fault. Nothing to do with tariffs. They just don't like Trump. That's the ticket!

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
Funnily enough South Carolina will still go deep red for Trump in 2020. This is the State with a history of threatening secession over tariffs.

Interesting.

Do they have any real clue why they support Trump?

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 10:46 PM
link   

not the first time Element was under scrutiny...

Element Electronics boasts of being the only American-owned and American-assembled television company. Flashy red-white-and-blue packaging helps it do business with Walmart as part of the retailer’s quarter-trillion-dollar “Made in USA” initiative. But according to a Federal Trade Commission (FTC) complaint filed Tuesday, the company isn’t making anything in America after all.

Instead, the complaint alleges, the Chinese-made TVs arrive to Element’s South Carolina assembly line in boxes adorned with a waving American flag and the slogan “America Matters” on the front and the phrase “assembled in the USA” on top. Element’s employees unscrew a plastic panel, install a Chinese-made motherboard, close the panel, and return the TVs to their patriotic packaging so that they can be shipped out to Walmart, Target, Meijer, Sam’s Club, and QVC. That depiction of Element’s assembly process comes from a July article in the Wall Street Journal.
thinkprogress.org...

I think it's called bait & switch... no worries... there will be TV's Made in America again... this is just one step closer to removing the unfair advantage China has had over US manufacturing, for a long time....

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Yeah. RCA will surely make a comeback. When tariffs make other ones cost $2,500. Or maybe not.

In the mean time. Get over it if your factory closes. Or try a buggy whip factory for your next job.

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: damonster
a reply to: Wardaddy454

Why thank you.

/s

If only they were gateway pundit, conservative tree house or fox News, legit sources.

/s

Well, you would pick either extremes wouldn't you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join