It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soldier in Iraq gets "hate" mail from US school Kids

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 06:55 PM
link   
general zapata.....haha honestly you really need to look into what you are saying. You cannot refuse to get on the plane you would be punished under UCMJ, the military's law. Believe me you cant just say no. When you enlist you sign away that right by accepting the president as your commander in chief. Therefore you go where he sends you. Please general zapata have you been to iraq as a soldier. if you have then you would know that us soldiers do not fire thier weapons at innnocent civilians. insurgents or other hostiles who dont wear uniforms yes civilians no. dont base your arguement on what you see on tv because its quite the opposite. so dont pass judgement on a situation you obviously know nothing about.
i know how can we play great basketball against duke then lose to a subpar clemson? i guess it just goes to show that duke really is our rival since we will always rise up to play them tough.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 07:01 PM
link   
if they didn't want to be over there, they should have refused to get on the plane. They should have refused to fire a weapon at a citizen of the country that they nation is to occupy. They should have gone to jail for desertion rather than submit to their leader's imperialist agenda.

General Zapata can you explain to me why it is ok for insurgents to enter iraq and fire and kill iraqi's? if american and british soldiers are not allowed to then why should people who belong to no nation be allowed to? is it because they are standing up for the iraqis right to govern their own nation? i think not.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by General Zapata
if they didn't want to be over there, they should have refused to get on the plane. They should have refused to fire a weapon at a citizen of the country that they nation is to occupy. They should have gone to jail for desertion rather than submit to their leader's imperialist agenda.

Point one-the teacher did read the letters before they went due to "corrections" being noted on them. So the anti letters fit the agenda. Data reported on Fox news by the father of the soldier. This was intended to be "a small" protest over the war. For this alone the teaher should be fired, but, the treason clause in the constitution does directly apply at "aiding" the enemy. This isn't about "free" speech at all. The teacher didn't write the letters, just coached the content and sent them alone to demoralize the troops. A clear anti-gov act.

Yo Sgt Zap............You have no clue who Zapata was do you. Who "protected" him and fought his "battles" do you. It would be impresive if you did......

"imperialist agenda"? you bought a "che" t-shirt somewhere didn't you. Perhaps you should find out what kind of animal you support in your "sig".

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 12:48 AM
link   
i will say i once and for all here and now:

i am 100% against this war and this administration.

damn skippy thats me exercising my free speech and nothing else.

call it what you want, its america and im allowed to say it. I hope lots of soldiers read this and realize its nothing personal, and go on with their lives as i will after this post.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Paging Alex Kunhardt...

Has anyone heard anything from the teacher behind all this?

So far, I haven't seen anything here or elsewhere from this guy, and my understanding of the story remains woefully deficient in useful facts.

All I've seen so far are some carefully-selected inflammatory details that were picked up by the usual suspects, but the teacher at the center of all this, Alex Kunhardt, remains a mystery.

I have no idea what his intent was, and cannot know based on what is currently available. Failing that, does anyone have any further facts they can share in a concise, unbiased manner?

Is there a coherent story based on conclusive facts behind all the political puffery?

If so, I would love to see it.

As for the partisan political debates, I'm already way over-quota for that, since they can be found in almost any ATS thread, so I'm not interested in those.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I hate when misaligned adults use children as their mouthpiece to spew negativity. What do they think they would gain? War is a terrible thing, people get killed, things get destroyed. My message to them: Get back to your television, Dan Rather is on.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I don't see how the teacher is to blame for this.

The MAJORITY of the students wrote very nice, encouraging letters to the soldier(s).

Nine of them wrote opposing views of the soldier's activities in Iraq.

That's their right though, they can choose to support the military action in Iraq or choose not to support it.

I'd say if they were swayed by anyone to write those words, it was from their parents and other elders who they heard speak in condemnation of the military action in Iraq.

The teacher is not wrong for sending the letters out though, as those children have just as much right to their voice being heard as the others in the class.

That's how it works. It's the opposing viewpoints and the open ability to voice those views that were the premise behind America and Freedom.

Without the opposing voice, you are subject to stagnation and a very myopic view that endangers freedom.

To quote Voltaire:

I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.

Originally. . .
I do not agree with what you write , but I'll defend to the death your right to write it.

To say that the teacher, or the dissenting children, or their parents should be "Executed on National TV." is in truth, absurd. In a free (or ostensibly free) society you cannot force your view upon another, and you cannot keep an opposing view from being expressed.

If anyone here truly feels that they should be able to force views upon another, or keep others views from being heard than I say that you do not understand the true principals of freedom.

Your idea of freedom is a Free Man's idea of a Fascist Hell, where everyone must be unified behind the state and the state's view at any time. Where if you don't believe in something, you must remain quiet and live in fear, because to take the risk of speaking up would mean certain punishments to you and your family.

If anyone here truly feels that freedom lies in forcing views upon another, or keeping different views quiet, they are living in the wrong country, in the wrong era.

You would be very welcome in Nazi Germany; you would be praised and hailed as a true friend of the state.

But not here, at least not in the hearts of true Americans, who believe in freedom and believe in The Republic.

No, a person, a nation who believes in true freedom, would pay you no welcome.

X

P.S. I personally would not have written such a letter to a soldier, but only because I feel he is a hapless pawn in the entire situation.

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid

Originally posted by Krahzeef
Yep, It's not until we kill all dissenting voices that democracy will be safe.

This is wrong tho, Poor soldiers are just doing their job. It's not like they don't know killing civillians and mosques is wrong.

Letters should be sent to the white house not to the guys legitimately "trying" to help people.

Typical liberal response. It isn't about dissenting "views" is about aiding the enemy during a time of war through the demoralization of our troops. This "teacher" should be put on trial for a CLEAR violation of the treason clause of the consitution.

For treason, you have to be kidding, it's his right to express his agreement of dissagreement about current events, its his right to free speech. He did not aid the enemy. Which it may not be his enemy anyways, i meen the iraqis probably have not attacked this man, so why are you saying its his enemy dont speak for him. Treason would be if he was planning to act on that emotion which he shows no sign of threat of doing so. Demoralization of the troops, by saying how many civilians and mosques where destroyed, thats a fact those events happend whether you like it or not, if the troops cant face the truth they are to easily discouraged, suck it up marines and fight your oil war.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by hedgepook
I think this goes to show that teachers really are corrupt, evil dictators. Always trying to stir # up. Ya know what? Someone should put an M16 in the bastard's hands and send him/her to Iraq. Let's see what s/he 'teaches' the locals! lmao

teachers arent corrupt pinata just dumb idealogues who think it's the 60's all over again and have been reading too much noam chomsky, in other words they have a lot in common with bush bashing rejects who let hate twist them and try to influence kids who don't know much apart from what they are told, you are in good company

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by hedgepook
I think this goes to show that teachers really are corrupt, evil dictators. Always trying to stir # up. Ya know what? Someone should put an M16 in the bastard's hands and send him/her to Iraq. Let's see what s/he 'teaches' the locals! lmao

no theyre just dumb idealogues who read too much chomsky and think it's the 60's and try to convince impressionable kids in other words clowns like yourself, put an m-16 HAH they would use them as dildos

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by zi2525

For treason, [snip the liberal BS] suck it up marines and fight your oil war.

Please get a new playbook or talking points this is getting old.

The "teacher" was the source of the anti-war BS. The "teacher" corrected many of the letters. The "teacher" aided the enemy in a time of war. Stop the insanity, give all teahers a "loyalty" test and fire those who fail.

Any political speech in public schools should be banned. Reading, writing, math, civics, history, GOOD citizenship............Prayer and the ten commandments.............

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Dr you sound like a black shirt.
"give them a loyalty test" what the hell?
"Make them learn real stuff ....ten commandments and prayers" what the hell?
Dont you want your children to have a voice?

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
Dr you sound like a black shirt.
"give them a loyalty test" what the hell?
"Make them learn real stuff ....ten commandments and prayers" what the hell?
Dont you want your children to have a voice?

Children have no voice in anything. They are "children", when the 10 commandments and prayer went out of the classroom, crime and violence has gone up 1000 fold. The liberal try at "communizing" america has worked too well, time to get back to the founders "values'......

[edit on 7-3-2005 by DrHoracid]

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 08:14 AM
link   
But what about morals, and respect, knowing to take responcibilty for own actions instead of excuses. Just look how society has slipped right off the map today compared to a decade ago. People don't even leave houses to speak with neighbors anymore, no one says hello when passing each other on streets, just "dumb looks", just keep walking and god forbit you look at someone...

What ever, kids these days need to grow up in the real world, NOT on PS2 and X box, killing and rampaging. One doesn't have to force religion down the kids throats, but they should have standard or a guide line to go by.

There are more teen parents these days, who know jack # about being a parent, because they are kids themselvse!

And people still can't see the NWO...it's been here and if one opens their eyes for once they'll realize it...unless they are still in denial.

[edit on 7-3-2005 by ADVISOR]

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Children have no voice in anything. They are "children", when the 10 commandments and prayer went out of the classroom, crime and violence has gone up 1000 fold. The liberal try at "communizing" america has worked too well, time to get back to the founders "values'......

Really?
Children DO have a voice if they wanted they could take over the school.
So your saying that children should shut up and just forget about rights?
Sure thats a good plan, lets force christian values down thier throats again, why cant you accept that people dont want to learn about god!

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp

Really?
Children DO have a voice if they wanted they could take over the school.
So your saying that children should shut up and just forget about rights?
Sure thats a good plan, lets force christian values down thier throats again, why cant you accept that people dont want to learn about god!

Ok, heres a "novel" idea. lets try "magnet" schools where the parents "choose" a "christian values" or "secular" school.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Ok, heres a "novel" idea. lets try "magnet" schools where the parents "choose" a "christian values" or "secular" school.

But that just provocates segregation.
Splitting the schools up due to religion is bad...

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join