It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soldier in Iraq gets "hate" mail from US school Kids

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 02:03 AM
link   
...the Soldiers over there face bullets and bombs...

...but OH NO...a little bit of hate mail...THE HORROR! THE HORROR!

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by alien
...the Soldiers over there face bullets and bombs...

...but OH NO...a little bit of hate mail...THE HORROR! THE HORROR!

That's a good one.Well,probably to bring them is just a tinge of discouragement from the families and CHILDREN back home should do the trick.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
The last thing those men there need is letters from kids expressing things like this. Its not right. Those men are fighting and risking their lives, and their intentions are to serve their country, and we should treat them with respect.

As soon as they invaded a sovereign nation and opened fire on the citizens of that nation, lost all respect as soldiers. They are not soldiers, but aggressors. They are gangsters for capitalism, and they deserve all they get. A soldier is someone that DEFENDS his or her nation. This was a war of conquest.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Stimulus/Response Imbalance

Interesting thread so far. Most of it seems to be about things not mentioned in the article.

Stories like these tend to touch off ideological debates, which is why they are published. The New York Post knew exactly what it was doing by publishing this article, and by publishing it the way they did.

The article is very selective about what facts are included, which is why I recommend being cautious about jumping to conclusions.

Most of what I'm reading in this thread could have been cut-and-pasted from just about any political thread on ATS.

Most of the rest is discussing an article that is seriously light on facts and geared to elicit an emotional response.

I recommend that my fellow members keep these things in mind when confronted by stories like this.

They're yanking your chain.

My Opinion In This Case

I want to hear what the teacher, Alex Kunhardt, has to say about this.

Until he makes some sort of statement, we can only guess what he was trying to accomplish and what his opinions are about the subject.

Without that, the discussion is taking the form of speculation and a continuing debate that started long before this story appeared, and won't end until long after this story has been forgotten.

What Treason Is

For those who aren't familiar with it, here is how the crime of treason is defined in the United States of America:

From THE UNITED STATES CONSTITUTION:

Section. 3. Clause 1: Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court.

Those who choose to define it otherwise do so against the expressed intent of the authors of the Constitution, and contrary to the laws of the United States of America.

I recommend being careful with the use or abuse of the word “treason” in this country, because there is a bitter history behind it.

That's why it is one of the only crimes defined in the body of the Constitution itself. Because people insisted then and insist now on misusing the word.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 10:32 AM
link   
i think i am going to change my sig to this becasue i am tired of posting it...

ter·ror·ism n.
The unlawful use or threatened use of force or violence by a person or an organized group against people or property with the intention of intimidating or coercing societies or governments, often for ideological or political reasons.

so this is indeed our M.O. (modus operandi or method of operation) and i bet you if i gave this defintion to that class of 6th graders at least 1/2 of them would make the connection, not just 9.

peace,

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by jprophet420
i think i am going to change my sig to this becasue i am tired of posting it...

ter·ror·ism n.
The unlawful use or threatened use of force or violence by a person or an organized group against people or property with the intention of intimidating or coercing societies or governments, often for ideological or political reasons.

so this is indeed our M.O. (modus operandi or method of operation) and i bet you if i gave this defintion to that class of 6th graders at least 1/2 of them would make the connection, not just 9.

peace,

I agree the 9 anti-letters were an open act of terrorisim.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 10:47 AM
link   
thats cute.

indeed our occupation in iraq falls under said defintion, like it or not.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by jprophet420
thats cute.

indeed our occupation in iraq falls under said defintion, like it or not.

So your are saying that the US act of removing a vicious dictator was and act of "terror". Yo dude put down that joint..........its too strong for ya.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 10:52 AM
link   
So lil primary/elementary schoolers are terrorists? Lmao! Well, I suppose both the kids and the real terrorists are being brought up on false ideas. Other people using them as vessels for their own ideals. Kinda makes you sick that the 'good guys' are turning on their own soldiers.
In fact, even the American soldiers are working under someone else's influence. They think they're fighting terrorism for the sake of freedom? For the good old 'Red, White and Blue?'

Good on ya Bush! You can't lose, you have God on your side, right?

Hang on, wasn't it the Muslim fanatics that declared the Jihad?.... whatever.

[edit on 23-2-2005 by hedgepook]

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid
Again you miss the point. This isn't about free speech, its about manipulation of the education system for poltical goals.

Something the "right" has never done, I'm sure. (sarcasm)

The real issue is the "system" and people who mindlessly follow it (ditto) and feel the need to classify everything as right or left.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 11:15 AM
link   
bust on me all you want, the joint isnt strong enough to twist my reading comprehension. i dont know what distorted yours, but yeah if you read the definition its obvious.

oh and your calling the sending of the letters terrorism does not fall into the category becasue it did not use violence or the threat of violence.

and btw i only smoke kb, joints cause cancer.

[edit on 23-2-2005 by jprophet420]

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Yo dude put down that joint..........its too strong for ya.

Let's make an effort to contain the unnecessary insults and focus on the topic of conversation, rather than your perceptions of the personality you're conversing with.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 12:11 PM
link   
DID YOU KNOW THIS?

Did you know that 47 countries have reestablished their embassies in Iraq?

Did you know that the Iraqi government employs 1.2 million Iraqi people?

Did you know that 3100 schools have been renovated, 364 schools are under rehabilitation, 263 schools are now under construction and 38 new schools have been built in Iraq?

Did you know that Iraq’s higher educational structure consists of 20 Universities, 46 Institutes or colleges and 4 research centers?

Did you know that 25 Iraq students departed for the United States in January 2004 for the reestablished Fulbright program?

Did you know that the Iraqi Navy is operational? They have 5- 100-foot patrol craft, 34 smaller vessels and a navel infantry regiment.

Did you know that Iraq’s Air Force consists of three operation squadrons, 9 reconnaissance and 3 US C-130 transport aircraft which operate day and night, and will soon add 16 UH-1 helicopters and 4 bell jet rangers?

Did you know that Iraq has a counter-terrorist unit and a Commando Battalion?

Did you know that the Iraqi Police Service has over 55,000 fully trained and equipped police officers?

Did you know that there are 5 Police Academies in Iraq that produce over 3500 new officers each 8 weeks?

Did you know there are more than 1100 building projects going on in Iraq? They include 364 schools, 67 public clinics, 15 hospitals, 83 railroad stations, 22 oil facilities, 93 water facilities and 69 electrical facilities.

Did you know that 96% of Iraqi children under the age of 5 have received the first 2 series of polio vaccinations?

Did you know that 4.3 million Iraqi children were enrolled in primary school by mid October?

Did you know that there are 1,192,000 cell phone subscribers in Iraq and phone use has gone up 158%?

Did you know that Iraq has an independent media that consist of 75 radio stations, 180 newspapers and 10 television stations?

Did you know that the Baghdad Stock Exchange opened in June of 2004?

Did you know that 2 candidates in the Iraqi presidential election had a televised debate in their country recently?

OF COURSE WE DIDN’T KNOW!
WHY DIDN’T WE KNOW?—OUR MEDIA WOULDN’T TELL US!

Instead of shouting these accomplishments from every rooftop, they would rather show photo’s of what a few perverted malcontent soldiers have done in prisons in many cases never disclosing the circumstances surrounding the events.

The lack of accentuating the positive in Iraq serves only one purpose. It undermines the world’s perception of the United States and our soldiers.

Innocent civilians have died at the hands of the US military
as have innocents of other nationalities at the hands of Sunni, shia, druze etc, etc,etc,
if he/she/it can pull a trigger,pull a pin , or wear a pack of explosives there are no innocents.

its a pagan religion anyway............
actually no it is not. they are " people of the Book" just as Jews and Xians. and what their
religion is is not and should not be an issue. all people have the right to their beliefs.

They think they're fighting terrorism for the sake of freedom? For the good old 'Red, White and Blue?'
No they are fighting for each other, for their buddy , so that the guy/gal that shares their tent comes home to.

remember military Personell do not have a president. they have a CinC. they do not have a constitution and bill of rights.
they have a UCMJ.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 12:16 PM
link   
do you know that you dont have to watch the news you can just watch home videos made in iraq

do you know if you watch these videos you can tell immediately that iraq is still a downtroden 3rd world country full of misery and death.

do you know iraq still is terrible to live in for the poor people (majority).

do you know that thousands and thousands of people died for no reason on BOTH sides.

do you know that mexico is right next door to us and WAY worse off than iraq?

just wondering.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Woodside

Also, I understand it is your opinion, but how exactly did you come to this conclusion? Are you a teacher? Do you know any teachers? Are you familiar with the public school system's hiring process?

The application does not have any boxes that ask if you are liberal or conservative. This country is in need of teachers so badly, they are willing to hire just about anybody who fills the educational requirements. They could care less what your political views are (unless you're a nazi or something to that extreme).

In my opinion, teachers should teach how and what to think and parents should monitor what their children are learning.

Many non-liberal teachers do try to exist in a system that is overwhelmingly liberal, but leave due to the "pressure' from the intrenched stupidity above. I do work quite closely to the education system as a matter of fact. The "profession" (laugh) is so short of people because its only drawing from the liberal half of the country. Many good quality teahers have left the "public" education sector to work in the private education sector. My comments are for "public" schools.

1st, I just have to say that a person's political views has nothing to do with how good of a teacher they may be. Just because a person may have liberal views, you feel that they aren't quality teachers? hmmm....

2nd, you may be right that the public school system has more "liberal" teachers, but it is for the following reason. The majority of parents whose children attend public school have more liberal views. These are the people who are in the PTA's and PTO's and have a voice on how they want their children taught. More "conservative" parents tend to send their kids to... private schools, and these parents prefer more conservative teachers. Its kinda like supply and demand.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 03:53 AM
link   
I think this goes to show that teachers really are corrupt, evil dictators. Always trying to stir # up. Ya know what? Someone should put an M16 in the bastard's hands and send him/her to Iraq. Let's see what s/he 'teaches' the locals! lmao

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 05:47 AM
link   
I dont agree with what the kids said in the letters however they are only kids and the soldier being a man should understand this or dont call yourself a man,
sorry but a real man knows better and knows kids dont fully understand
whats going on.

the article didnt state if the teacher proof read the letters or not and if they dont censor then my guess is they didnt but should do this so the teacher can atleast give the kids more details and ask them to reconsider what they say.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 09:41 AM
link   
"An American soldier overseas is fuming over letters he received from Brooklyn middle-school children accusing GIs of destroying mosques and killing civilians in Iraq. "

This is good. Bush is a mass murderer and the greatest civilisation-destroyer since Alexander the Great and Ghengis Khan in the middle east. Even american children, who are constantly suppressed by nazi neocon propaganda hammering the worthlessness of pre-US iraqi life into their influencable minds, begin to understand that there is nothing heroic about armed robbery and the destruction of civilisations in order to turn them into a "paradise".

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by krotzkrotz
"An American soldier overseas is fuming over letters he received from Brooklyn middle-school children accusing GIs of destroying mosques and killing civilians in Iraq. "

This is good. Bush is a mass murderer and the greatest civilisation-destroyer since Alexander the Great and Ghengis Khan in the middle east. Even american children, who are constantly suppressed by nazi neocon propaganda hammering the worthlessness of pre-US iraqi life into their influencable minds, begin to understand that there is nothing heroic about armed robbery and the destruction of civilisations in order to turn them into a "paradise".

Very nice line of BS there. How about some data? I do like the "Bush the Great" line though. I'll pass it along to Cheney for you.

But you left out Pol Pot and Stalin..better check that out..............see it you can rewrite your little rant there an work them in too.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Very nice line of BS there. How about some data? I do like the "Bush the Great" line though. I'll pass it along to Cheney for you.

But you left out Pol Pot and Stalin..better check that out..............see it you can rewrite your little rant there an work them in too.

You are the one who should review historical data. Both monsters you mentionned were not active in the middle east
And to my knowledge, St.Petersburg or Moscow are still standing as they were a hundred years ago. So while i would agree that Stalin killed more people in absolute numbers, Bush is the greater destroyer of civilizatory value (Mosques, archeological sites, Palaces, etc...). Communism and Neoconism have something in common even you will agree on : Both turn victim countries into paradises

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join