Soldier in Iraq gets "hate" mail from US school Kids

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Krahzeef

Dr Horacid, so know we've established the Teacher isn't at fault we should be finding out who these kids are and executing them on national TV.

Ignoring the religious rhetoric, why call them terrorists? Both sides are using violence for political gain but one is an occupying force. Osama is a terrorist, Saddam is a dictator and the Iraqi people fighting the troops are simply trying to protect their way of life.

DrHoracid, are you just confused? Still think that Osama and Saddam are buddies?

Anyway, the bottom line is forced democracy isn't democracy.

First I am very sorry you are a teacher. I am sorry I missed all those news reports where US troops made these people vote at gunpoint.

Let put saddam back in power so he can give OBL a couple of nukes.

I do blame the 'adut" in charge.

Forced demoocray? Please get a new play book..........Yours is out of date.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Woodside

Also, I understand it is your opinion, but how exactly did you come to this conclusion? Are you a teacher? Do you know any teachers? Are you familiar with the public school system's hiring process?

The application does not have any boxes that ask if you are liberal or conservative. This country is in need of teachers so badly, they are willing to hire just about anybody who fills the educational requirements. They could care less what your political views are (unless you're a nazi or something to that extreme).

In my opinion, teachers should teach how and what to think and parents should monitor what their children are learning.

Many non-liberal teachers do try to exist in a system that is overwhelmingly liberal, but leave due to the "pressure' from the intrenched stupidity above. I do work quite closely to the education system as a matter of fact. The "profession" (laugh) is so short of people because its only drawing from the liberal half of the country. Many good quality teahers have left the "public" education sector to work in the private education sector. My comments are for "public" schools.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 12:05 PM
link   

They don't want to lose control of the indoctronation.

you do know who the THEY is in this statement???...It might just suprise you, and others...

I too homeschool...i also have a child that has DEFINITE opinions on what is going on in Iraq. Children today are more politically aware than many give them credit for...and can truely express THEIR opinions without influence of the adults around them.

The TRUTH is the US military is destroying the history of the Iraqi people...both ancient and recent and "rebuilding" in their own image, and by Christian God, they will be grateful. (there is sarcasim intended here)

These soldiers VOLUNTEERED their lives to the military, no one twisted their arms, most of them did it for personal reasons, not for the glory of their country and patriotism...If one is so ill informed as not understand that once you take the "oath", the government OWNS you, literally...and that you are now an extension of that government as their enforcers.

Some people will NOT agree with this "War for Freedom"...and they have every right to express their opinions and how they feel about it...that is just the way it is. Support was shown in this assignment, as well as understanding...but what is being missed here is these are children...and children have not been corrupted by society to hide the TRUTH of what they see and to KEEP THEIR MOUTHS SHUT about what they feel...if you want HONESTY...ask a child because they will tell you.

~oracle~

[edit on 22-2-2005 by Oracle]

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Todd

Originally posted by DrHoracid
Again you miss the point. This isn't about free speech, its about manipulation of the education system for poltical goals.

But it could also be what these kids think and feel.

Then maybe they should be taught a little tact. What rude things to say to a person putting their life on the line.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I agree that the teacher should be unbias, but if the teacher didn't tell the kids what to write and the kids wrote these letters all by their self, that means that the teacher must have done a good job. The kids are thinking on their one and a capable of forming their one oppinions. Isn't that whats teaching is all about.

But the teachers oppinions should not be teached to the kids.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 12:17 PM
link   
DrHoracid, Your sorry I'm a teacher? Well I'm sorry I'm not.

If it was a true election Saddam should of been on the Ballot. (Sure he's an evil bastard but the people of Iraq should of had the option to choose him)

Saddam hates Osama and vice versa, Osama is a religious zealot whilst Saddam only cares about himself. Plus it's already been made clear that even if Saddam wanted to he had no Nukes to give.

I never doubted you blame the teacher I was just showing that your wrong in doing so.

And as for my playbook? You've gotta work on your insults.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 12:25 PM
link   

DrHoracid, Your sorry I'm a teacher? Well I'm sorry I'm not.

If it was a true election Saddam should of been on the Ballot. (Sure he's an evil bastard but the people of Iraq should of had the option to choose him)

Saddam hates Osama and vice versa, Osama is a religious zealot whilst Saddam only cares about himself. Plus it's already been made clear that even if Saddam wanted to he had no Nukes to give.

I never doubted you blame the teacher I was just showing that your wrong in doing so.

And as for my playbook? You've gotta work on your insults.

There was no intended "insult". You are a teacher, perhaps not within a classroom. ALL adults are teahers to the next generation.

But there is nothing I can say to putting Saddam on the ballot.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Oh well that's one of my points answered I guess.

But really what better way for the people of Iraq to show their disgust with Saddam than to be able to vote against him. But since they didn't have the option we'll never know just what their position was exactly.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Oh well that's one of my points answered I guess.

But really what better way for the people of Iraq to show their disgust with Saddam than to be able to vote against him. But since they didn't have the option we'll never know just what their position was exactly.

So help me here. What part of the dancing in the streets, blue fingers, gezz it was a mistake not to vote (sunni mullahs in case you missed that too). I think the "position" is pretty clear. No one in Iraq, not even the head cutters have ask for Saddam back. Get real here dude

[edit on 22-2-2005 by DrHoracid]

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I'm sure he would not of been voted in and would of been right at the bottom. But I'm basing my judgement on nothing substantial.

Without the oppurtunity to deny Saddam you cannot say what they would of done.

I just think it's a joke to call it democratic. The Iraqis should of had the oppurtunity to say they don't want Saddam not been denied their right to choose him if they wished.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 01:35 PM
link   

I'm sure he would not of been voted in and would of been right at the bottom. But I'm basing my judgement on nothing substantial.

Without the oppurtunity to deny Saddam you cannot say what they would of done.

I just think it's a joke to call it democratic. The Iraqis should of had the oppurtunity to say they don't want Saddam not been denied their right to choose him if they wished.

OK, in each previous election under saddam 100% of the people voted 100% for saddam. If he were put on the ballot the "fear" he would return would have been very great. Do you understand? He was a tyrant......

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Yep, It's not until we kill all dissenting voices that democracy will be safe.

This is wrong tho, Poor soldiers are just doing their job. It's not like they don't know killing civillians and mosques is wrong.

Letters should be sent to the white house not to the guys legitimately "trying" to help people.

Typical liberal response. It isn't about dissenting "views" is about aiding the enemy during a time of war through the demoralization of our troops. This "teacher" should be put on trial for a CLEAR violation of the treason clause of the consitution.

If thats the case, then everyone should also storm the white house right know, and forcibly remove the arch-terrorist Bush from the white house for threatening and indeed eroding civil liberties. Does the constitution not protect them, too? And what does it say should happen when an administration violates these and its responsibilities to the people?

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Didn't the last ballot only have Saddam on it?

With the huge military presence that was in Iraq at the time of the election fear wouldn't be a good enough excuse to reelect the tyrant.

May as well just disagree to agree.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 02:58 PM
link   

If this isn't proof the left needs to be purged from our schools nothing ever will. This "teacher" needs to be put on trial for treason. Then (if found guilty) executed on national TV as an example.

Hell yeah that teacher had the nerve to go and tell the truth about U.S soldiers killing civilians he/she should get a texas style execution, naw in fact thats being a bit soft that teacher should be burned on the steak no trial.

Typical liberal response. It isn't about dissenting "views" is about aiding the enemy during a time of war through the demoralization of our troops.

How exactly is sending a letter stating a fact helping the enemy? When the soldiers see a bit of truth which if they hadnt seen already would have to be slightly retarded they arent going to wanna fight the war anymore? Well if its that easy to change their mind about wether they wanna fight or not well then they shouldnt be in the war in the first place.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 03:06 PM
link   
facts? what facts were in the letters? Don't you think the troops fighting know the truth. Its about supporting someone. War sucks. How many troops committ suicide in battle after a dear john letter?

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kidfinger
Actually, the article in FF's post yeaterday said that 25 students sent letters. 9 of them voiced disagreement with how the war was being held. You guys are hillarious. You make a huge deal out of these 9 letters and completly (conveniently) forget about the 16 other letters that were sent as a thumbs up to the troops. Why isnt there a thread that says Soldier recives mail from students. 16 letters were very insperational for them. 9 were not.

Out of the nine letters, none of them were trashing the soldiers. The kids said, and Im paraphrasing this, please try not to target civillians and mosque. Even 8 of the 9 letters that said this were still supportive of the troops. Why is this being overlooked?

Also the teacher gave the students this task as a social assignment. The teacher did not tell them what to say, otherwise ALL THE LETTERS WOULD HAVE BEEN THE SAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And no one has yet to make mention of the fact that the principle apologised for anyone that may have been offended.

Please people, Deny Ignorance.

Now, replace 'student' with 'soldier' in your post and it would be an excellent view of what many of you argue in regards to the alleged torture in Iraq.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 03:58 PM
link   

facts? what facts were in the letters? Don't you think the troops fighting know the truth. Its about supporting someone. War sucks. How many troops committ suicide in battle after a dear john letter?

The fact that american soldiers are killing nearly as much civilians as soldiers in the process and of course the soldiers know all this, my point was whats it going to matter to a soldier if he gets a letter saying something he already knows?
I see what you mean though about supporting the troops, that soldier must have felt pretty bad getting hate mail from schools in his own country.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 04:05 PM
link   

So you're saying the teacher should have controlled what the kids wrote?

...When I was a good Christian six year old, my biggest concern was that all the poor children in Africa would go to hell just because they'd never heard of Jesus. ...Kids do worry about injustice. It's like second nature. And kids do tend to say, or write, what's on their minds.

...It's not like the kids weren't kind - they were. But they were worried too.

Sounds like you're looking for thought control here, on top of the censorship.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 04:55 PM
link   
You all know how anti (you know what) I am....And lord knows i'm against this war...But THIS IS WRONG. The last thing those men there need is letters from kids expressing things like this. Its not right. Those men are fighting and risking their lives, and their intentions are to serve their country, and we should treat them with respect. Those school kids ought to be taught a lesson in tactfulness. Kids now are arrogant and receive no guidance from parents or teachers.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 01:33 AM
link   

If this isn't proof the left needs to be purged from our schools nothing ever will. This "teacher" needs to be put on trial for treason. Then (if found guilty) executed on national TV as an example.

May I ask,what ever happen to the freedom of speech?

Ok so now you're denying them of freedom of speech and want the teacher to be put on trial for treason?DrHoracid,they're serving your country by doing what's best for them which is stopping them.At least the American childrens are growing up well and aware of the current situation.

The moment you used the word purge,reminds me of Stalin and his purges.Historical and social distortion,secret police and DICTATORSHIP!!!

Honestly,I support the kids.Free candies for everyone!!!!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join