It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soldier in Iraq gets "hate" mail from US school Kids

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid

Originally posted by drfunk

FACT : Innocent civilians have died at the hands of the US military
FACT : Mosque's have been destroyed by the US military

thanks,
drfunk

Fact, we do not know if the people in civilian clothes were "innocent".
Fact, terrorist were shooting at the troops from within the "holy shrines" so they shot back. BFD, its a pagan religion anyway............

[edit on 22-2-2005 by DrHoracid]

we have killed children, although it was not intentional, how can you possibly say they are not innocent?

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 08:45 AM
link   
It is so nice to see how people with no morals are so eager to use our troops as pawns in a political battle. Both sides should hang their heads in shame.

Question 1: Do you think it's easy being stationed overseas in a dangerous area watching friends die?

I don't think so.

Question 2: Do soldiers, like this Private, decide foreign policy matters, like where to deploy troops and who to attack?

I don't think so.

Question 3: Is a political message any less of a political message because it has a child's signature on it?

I don't think so.

Here is the issue. No letters of a political sort should be sent to soldiers. This is an outright waste of time, and does nothing but cause strife. If you don't like this war, voice your opinion to your President and your Legislators. They are the ones who make decisions on where to take military action, not a PFC in the army. This is misguided poltical action. Except in this case it causes needless hurt.

Troops overseas, be it Afghanistan, Iraq, or whatever, could use a word of support. They could use a "Thanks, get home safe" from people back home. It's a nice thing to do.

I fail to see why any letter stating someone's views and opinions on the war should be making its way to a soldier. Like they can do anything about it?

Voice your ire at the people making the decisions.

Send candy and smiles to the troops, they sure as hell need them. "Please stop blowing up mosques" ain't putting anyone in a better mood.

I'm not saying you don't have the right to say "Stop blowing up mosques" if that is what you feel, but why to them? Haven't they got it hard enough there?

Then again from a nation that took a crap on its soldiers when they came back from Vietnam and threw things at them like it was their fault personally, am I surprised?

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I think this has been covered and locked before.....
Besides, why cant the children take an oposite attitude to the war?

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by jprophet420

Originally posted by drfunk

FACT : Innocent civilians have died at the hands of the US military
FACT : Mosque's have been destroyed by the US military

thanks,
drfunk

Fact, we do not know if the people in civilian clothes were "innocent".
Fact, terrorist were shooting at the troops from within the "holy shrines" so they shot back. BFD, its a pagan religion anyway............

[edit on 22-2-2005 by DrHoracid]

we have killed children, although it was not intentional, how can you possibly say they are not innocent?

The children were innocent , yes. The reasons they were in the line of fire is the question. Some "parents" were there against their will some weren't.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
I think this has been covered and locked before.....
Besides, why cant the children take an oposite attitude to the war?

Because of the LIBERAL agenda in the classrooms. Maybe the Viet cong had the right idea about teachers................

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Djarum,

No one is saying the troops dont have it bad over there. I think this is something we can all agree on. Its #ty to be stationed in a strange land fighting a strange war. Unless you have been there, you have no idea.

You are also correct that when soldiers get mail, it helps if it is uplifiting. However, the whole point of this was not the fact that the soldier is incapable of changing things. But rather that these 9 kids would like our soldiers to be more careful if possible. We are supposed to be the good guys. What kind of message are our soldiers sending home when innocent lives are lost? I dont think it is a message of heorism. I am not saying that these innocent lives are intentionally targeted, but they are still being killed. It is usually an accident or a misidentification, but that still is no excuse.

These kids are who is going to determine our retirement. I would suggest we pay closer attention to how they feel and what they see, rather than bashing them for writing what they believe.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Because of the LIBERAL agenda in the classrooms. Maybe the Viet cong had the right idea about teachers................

What exsactly is "liberal" about it?
Because they dont encourage military service?
They tend to care more about E-D-U-C-A-T-I-O-N! You know the thing that gets you a job outside of the military?

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Question 1: Do you think it's easy being stationed overseas in a dangerous area watching friends die?

you shouldnt sign up for the military if you cant handle that.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Hey Doc, Whats my agenda?

How about informing the younger generation of ATS'rs about what the Vietcong did to the teachers. They probably dont have a clue ast to what you are talking about.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 09:06 AM
link   

They tend to care more about E-D-U-C-A-T-I-O-N! You know the thing that gets you a job outside of the military?

E-D-U-C-A-T-I-O-N is the issue, not "social engineering". Teach the basics not "how" to think and FEEL! Stop this "mother earth" BS. Teach real history. 2+2 does = 4 not 'whatever". Start giving real grades not "nice try there johnny". Mark up papers with RED ink even.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Doc, I completly agree that there are troubles with the education system. That is why my daughter is home schooled. She doesnt move forward in a subject untill she has 100% profenciency in the section we are studying.

However, I dont think an agenda is being pushed on our youth in the public school system. It happens in private catholic schools, but the parents pay to have thier kids brainwashed there.

You havent answered my previous question yet. What is my agenda?

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 09:14 AM
link   

E-D-U-C-A-T-I-O-N is the issue, not "social engineering".

Yes, and what and how you teach is what matters as well.
Do you want your kids to grow up to be a frontline soldier braveing fire and explosions then leaveing with no trade and a government pension?

Teach the basics not "how" to think and FEEL!

We need diplomats, not robots.

Stop this "mother earth" BS. Teach real history. 2+2 does = 4 not 'whatever"

This "mother earth BS " , which I have no idea what subject this is???, is probably one fof the subjects that doesnt support war?

. Start giving real grades not "nice try there johnny". Mark up papers with RED ink even.

So what do you want to call the grades, "congrats student 3rd class doe you got a 75% on that higher physics paper, that gives a 2nd class qualification, dismissed!"

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 09:19 AM
link   
The very first thing the Viet cong did when they moved into an area is kill all the teachers and replace them with communist indoctrination classes.

Thanks the Kid, forgot.

In my view the liberal in the education system have done the same thing, replaced all the real teachers with "political" hacks..............."outcome" based education to control the masses. That is why the Libs are fighting home school, and vouchers. They don't want to lose control of the indoctronation.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 09:42 AM
link   

In my view the liberal in the education system have done the same thing, replaced all the real teachers with "political" hacks..............."outcome" based education to control the masses. That is why the Libs are fighting home school, and vouchers. They don't want to lose control of the indoctronation.

How do you account for the fact that I home school then

I know its off topic, but I had to ask.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kidfinger

How do you account for the fact that I home school then

I know its off topic, but I had to ask.

Libertarian...................smart...libertarian in denial.............

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Libertarian...................smart...libertarian in denial.............

Could be...could be............
I havent been presented with that one yet
Caught me off guard

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Fine thats your view and thats what your opinion is, i dont believe it and personally believe its tripe but I respect it.
I think teaching kids to NOT fight and be peaceful is better than teaching them HOW to fight.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 11:09 AM
link   
It seems pretty clear that the teacher was for the troops here! If the majority was against the troops there may be some basis for the teacher being a "liberal" but since it's the opposite, obviously the teacher was either as keen to kill Iraqis as Bush or not giving her view at all.

Dr Horacid, so know we've established the Teacher isn't at fault we should be finding out who these kids are and executing them on national TV.

Ignoring the religious rhetoric, why call them terrorists? Both sides are using violence for political gain but one is an occupying force. Osama is a terrorist, Saddam is a dictator and the Iraqi people fighting the troops are simply trying to protect their way of life.

DrHoracid, are you just confused? Still think that Osama and Saddam are buddies?

Anyway, the bottom line is forced democracy isn't democracy.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 11:35 AM
link   

E-D-U-C-A-T-I-O-N is the issue, not "social engineering". Teach the basics not "how" to think and FEEL! Stop this "mother earth" BS. Teach real history. 2+2 does = 4 not 'whatever". Start giving real grades not "nice try there johnny". Mark up papers with RED ink even.

If every teacher just taught about the box and not how to think outside of it, places like ATS would not exist. This would be just another news message board where everyone agreed with each other.

Sure, this teacher had an agenda, but I'm sure it wasn't to bash the troops. Like someone stated before, the teacher probably didn't even read the letters before they were sent out. Could you imagine people's reactions if the teacher had read and screened the letters? People would be screaming about censorship and stuff like that.

Oh, and last I checked, they still teach 2+2=4, not "whatever". If you truly believe that, maybe you should go back to 6th grade. (I know you were trying to make a point, but that example was a REALLY idiotic one. Think about it.)

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 11:46 AM
link   

The very first thing the Viet cong did when they moved into an area is kill all the teachers and replace them with communist indoctrination classes.

Thanks the Kid, forgot.

Also, I understand it is your opinion, but how exactly did you come to this conclusion? Are you a teacher? Do you know any teachers? Are you familiar with the public school system's hiring process?

The application does not have any boxes that ask if you are liberal or conservative. This country is in need of teachers so badly, they are willing to hire just about anybody who fills the educational requirements. They could care less what your political views are (unless you're a nazi or something to that extreme).

In my opinion, teachers should teach how and what to think and parents should monitor what their children are learning.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join