It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not a big Gaga fan, BUT...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I've got to hand it to this girl, she can perform, she can play and she can sing!

I'm not a big fan of her image, and the whole "Lady Gaga" thing, but this is impressive...

I give a lot of cred and kudos to anyone who can sit up in front of anyone and do this...alone.

Full 88 key keyboard too.
edit on 8/11/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Yeah I’m with ya, not a huge fan either but she’s really good. Back in 2011 she went on the Howard Stern Show for the first time and she was a great interview, funny, relaxed, smart, etc. This was my introduction to her and I liked her but then Howard asked her if she would like to play a song.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Man of course! THIS is Lady Gaga! I have loved her from day one. She is my number one female pop musician (notice I didn’t say artist).

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 01:58 AM
link   
She is definitely one of the most talented artists out there today. She can pretty much do it all. I've never seen her lip sync or use auto tune. Her super bowl halftime show was insane. She jumps around and dances and never misses a beat and is always on key. Very impressive. Not a big fan of her public persona, but if you can get past that you can see how amazing her talent really is. I give her all the credit in the world. She deserves it more than a great deal of others in the same business.

She's also a pretty good actress. Girl got it goin' on.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 02:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Slinki

Ed Zachary!

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 02:12 AM
link   
*cringes away slowly from the thread*

edit on 11-8-2018 by SummerRain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 02:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Yeah, not many people on planet Earth can do that. Not many at all.

She's a very talented 'young' lady, Lady Gaga.

It's a shame most of her fans never see this kind of stuff. They only see the pop, the pomp and the circumstance. To them, that's real. But when you see someone play the piano and sing like that...it's different. The image fades away, the the talent shows through.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Lady Gaga doing ‘What’s Up?’ - Four Non Blondes. GREAT! Live!

One of my favorite live performances by Lady Gaga.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 04:22 AM
link   

You would dress up in ridiculous outfits and sing songs you don't like if someone paid you millions of dollars to do it.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Was never a fan earlier. Never got her message. Mind you I wasnt a fan of current top 40 pop anyway.

Then suddenly I got what IT was. I think it was Bad Romance that something switched and I was like wow, what a clever minx this one is.

Its not just the visuals, the costumes, the voice, the compositions. I think its the kind of universal appeal to all creatures great and small.

I watched her documentary on Netflix Joanne. At times I was teary. As someone who suffers chronic pain, I felt what she felt through the screen. The difference between us is she is a fierce warrior against it and heres me bedridden the now feeling sorry for myself.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 06:26 AM
link   
i love gaga man

always thought she was awesome

and she bought frank zappa's house so bonus points for that

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 07:12 AM
link   

She sold me on her talents when she appeared on Howard Stern's show with just a Steinway and cranked out song after song.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 07:14 AM
link   

You beat me to it.

She was just as good as when he had Billy Joel and Paul McCartney (the real one, not the imposter) play in the studio.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   
she's an amazing talent. that voice, so much power and so much control, a fine-tuned instrument all by itself that she wields with deadly precision... and then the sheer musical erudition and skill, playing that piano like an extension of herself, writing all that music...

and then she's just damn strange, which i always love... and she deftly understood how to insert herself into the zeitgeist, how to get the attention that would get people to actually listen to her. she's smart as hell.

you might like this, FCD... from before she was gaga

fond of this one too

edit on 11-8-2018 by fiverx313 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

You beat me to it.

She was just as good as when he had Billy Joel and Paul McCartney (the real one, not the imposter) play in the studio.

Didn’t know you were a fellow listener but I’m not surprised one bit!

edit on 11-8-2018 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   

I've been listening to him since he came to New York and I was in junior high.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I started right after high school. Would listen to him when I got off my night shift eating an egg sammich from the deli. When I was in overseas in USN in 2001 I found a website that listed all the US radio stations. He was still on FM radio and I found a few stations in Florida (I think) that forgot to turn off his show via the web so I was still able to listen while on watch fighting against terrorism. Of course by the time I got out Howard was about to move to Sirius.
edit on 11-8-2018 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   

F Jackie!

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Hey now!

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   

HOLY ###########!!! I had no idea she was SO talented!! That was completely wonderful and awesome. It takes sand to play piano and sing without anything else.

I've never respected her more. Thank you so much for the heads up.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join