It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Believing in things that are not real

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Seems like conditioning to believe in Fake starts when we are young. Believing in something not real is taught to us when very young. It is profitable to believe in Santa if you are a kid. We were told that bunnies brought us eggs and we never questioned it, some of those eggs were chocolate. We are conditioned to believe it is beneficial to believe a lie.

Here is an article I found today on Science daily about fake news. People want to believe, it is easier than to deal with things. I am sure everyone could self evaluate their lives and find they have a few false beliefs that they have, some people have whole lives tied up into non-realistic beliefs. Consensus of the times is really messed up in many of our societies, unimportant things have more value than what we need to survive.

www.sciencedaily.com...

People who think they are not conditioned really need to look at themselves and determine if they are just following the illusion our society has created. Even though I was aware of all the unreal things surrounding us since I was young, I still found myself following along with society just so I could feel like I belonged. I tried not to pass on fake interpretations and tried to help people see the truth but I myself was caught up in some of the conditioning pushed on us anyway. It is really overloading when you find that much of what we accept as real is nothing more than deception started so someone can profit from it. I am not going to get upset over this, I just want to investigate how deep the BS goes, the roots of deception go back thousands of years some times, the basics being almost the same as it was back then but with a new twist added each generation. We do not change the overall direction of deception, just change how it is presented over the decades and centuries. Science is steered by deceptive interests too, it almost always has throughout history.

If you discover how deep you are into the conditioning, do not act crazy, they consider you not normal if you do not believe or partake in all this social and economical engineering of society. Just observe.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Brainwashing the vulnerable and unquestioning/unsuspecting naive mind!
This is one of the reasons that so many people believe in such tripe, be it fairies, God or superstitions!
If we didn't educationally brainwash the young, oh and the adult then the world would be a better place with less conflict and more humane behaviour!
Teach the young to be humane, kind, thoughtful, unselfish, the importance of sharing and only facts as well as the importance and ability to question and verify, is the true path to better things!

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Good subject.

Here is another quote from the article."At its core is the need for the brain to receive confirming information that harmonizes with an individual's existing views and beliefs," said Mark Whitmore, PhD, assistant professor of management and information systems at Kent State University's College of Business Administration. "In fact, one could say the brain is hardwired to accept, reject, misremember or distort information based on whether it is viewed as accepting of or threatening to existing beliefs."

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Religion, for example.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Exactly why religion has been so successful.

Yup, keep on eye on cultural trends, watch how fast they spread. Not exactly a hard thing to push. To see more on that study up a bit on design and how it is used in marketing. Also, the following laid out a lot of this:

Linear Society is an Illusion (Terrence McKenna)

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Believe it or not, there are people who believe that the World is Flat, even though there is no good evidence to indicate that it is.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Hi RM.

Are you suggesting that there are some beliefs that are real?
Which one(s)?

If something is deemed real: does it still require a belief?

What is a 'real thing', and how do you know it is so?

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 01:39 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

That is very true, people often feel more confident in their personal convictions when confirmation bias proves them right. You see that in organizations.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Bias kills.
Thanks for this, S&F

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Dr Kerry Spackman once wrote that false beliefs should never be respected nor celebrated, false beliefs should always be ridiculed and mocked.
Because false beliefs are dangerous.

The truth should always be the only option.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 04:38 AM
link   
We believe everything they say is real, even when it's not real.

We can choose if it is real, or is not real, by ourselves....to find the truth.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Then question..............what is real?
What is really, really real?

Is the past real? Is the future real?
Do you exist? As what do you exist?

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 04:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak
Dr Kerry Spackman once wrote that false beliefs should never be respected nor celebrated, false beliefs should always be ridiculed and mocked.

Aren't all 'beliefs' false?
If you have to believe something then you still have doubt.........doubt and belief go hand in hand! Would you need to believe if you knew for sure?

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Where would that be found?

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 04:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

In his book 'The Ant and the Ferrari' by Dr Kerry Spackman.

It's about seperating truth from false belief and accepting reality for what you truly know it to be. It gives one tools to see that what they currently believe to be truth may not be so.

It's a good read, probably get it on amazon for about ten bucks.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Ridiculing and mocking those beliefs is the only dangerous thing here.

Anyone who claims to know the truth, and what is false, will not mock those for believing in a falsehood. They will only explain why it is false to believe it, by explaining the truth to them.

Mocking a belief is arrogant, often deceitful behavior. Fear-based.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Hi Rickymouse....
This question/statement of yours could really become complicated, for eg, is matter real?

Most of what we are taught has been taught to those teaching us. It is a cycle of the world's view. That evolves just like our knowledge.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 05:07 AM
link   

It's about seperating truth from false belief and accepting reality for what you truly know it to be. It gives one tools to see that what they currently believe to be truth may not be so.

So what did the book say was real?

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 05:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: NJE777

Most of what we are taught has been taught to those teaching us. It is a cycle of the world's view. That evolves just like our knowledge.

What is seeing and knowing that there is a world view?
What if every piece of information about the world suddenly disappeared? What would remain?
Can information about the world be true...........as it is constantly changing?

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite
Brainwashing the vulnerable and unquestioning/unsuspecting naive mind!
This is one of the reasons that so many people believe in such tripe, be it fairies, God or superstitions!
If we didn't educationally brainwash the young, oh and the adult then the world would be a better place with less conflict and more humane behaviour!
Teach the young to be humane, kind, thoughtful, unselfish, the importance of sharing and only facts as well as the importance and ability to question and verify, is the true path to better things!

Science was used to convince people that vegetable fats were better than saturated fats for our body, resulting in people avoiding saturated fats like the plague. The evidence that these companies paid for that made vegetable fats was structured to show what they wanted it to show. People began avoiding all fats and it spiraled out of control, they start supplying their energy with carbs.

Cereal companies used scientific evidence to show eggs were bad for us, another fake news event. If you eat a lot of carbs, then salt is a problem for you because sugars causes the kidneys to reuptake salt from the urine. Here is an article about the truth about salt. www.sciencedaily.com...

This article is not about religion at all, in fact some of the basic beliefs like though shall not steal and though shall not covet thy neighbors wife help to promote civility among the people. Though shall not kill seems to exclude killing others that do not share your beliefs though, which has some flaws in relation to wars.

Science is a tool, it has been used more to deceive us than it has been used to help us. Don't even get me started on pharmaceutical chemistry, simple specific dietary changes can eliminate the need for many of them. Pharma companies do not tell us that, that is protected knowledge, they cannot make money if they tell us what we need to eliminate or consume in our diet to stop the imbalance. On top of that, most people will not listen to reason, they want what they like, they will often not change their diet because they falsly assume that it would take major changes, sometimes the changes are just elimination of a few foods, most of which are touted as super foods.

Who is spreading the crap about overconsuming super foods, everyone is different with different dietary needs, some of these superfoods are really bad for some people. This benefits the Pharma companies, they do not complain about all this fad nutrition creating future customers.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join