It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fat police lock up Chris

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 08:06 AM
link   
dr horacid, you got a warn just for calling someone "challenged"? must be liberals about!

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by instar
dr horacid, you got a warn just for calling someone "challenged"? must be liberals about!

Yes, it was "insensitive" of me and I accept my due punishment. I promised not to do it anymore. Really, I did promise......I didn't realize that was an "attack". I thought I was being nice.............

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid

Originally posted by ridcully
While you've all been enjoying ragging on each other you obviously missed yesterdays story about Chris being released.

I am glade they let the kid out. Now I think they should lock up anyone seen eating salt. It causes high bloodpressure and costs you social "med" folks money. The ban all products with sugar.

Ok, where do you draw the line?

Well, us 'social med' types include the vast majority of the UK populace. Its far from perfect beleive me, but we still believe in it passionately. regardless of our political views in other areas.

Where do we draw the line? Youve got me on that one Im afraid chap! I think a step in the right direction is already underway by making food producers be held more accountable for what they sell. And as has been said, personal accountability should be pushed to the fore also.
After that, well, a vaccination/cure for the disease of political correctness would be well worth the cost! Maybe then we could start to tackle more problems other than exacerbate them in the name 'human rights'

Or for that matter, people hooked on nicotine. We have the same issue here in the US with smokers running up health insurance cost. Most of us understand why firemen wear mask in burning buildings but the same tax money that rightfully pays for those mask also has to pay for those who willfully inhale smoke on a daily basis..with just as many deadly toxins.

It might interest you to know, if you didnt already, that in the UK a pack of 20 cigarettes costs the equivalent of around US$10. Of that, around US$8.50 goes straight to the government in tax, with (I think) around 20% spent on smoking related illnesses. Having said that, this government have been very good at providing help & support to those who want to quit, along with subsidised medication (patches, gum, tablets etc)

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by ridcully
It might interest you to know, if you didnt already, that in the UK a pack of 20 cigarettes costs the equivalent of around US$10. Of that, around US$8.50 goes straight to the government in tax, with (I think) around 20% spent on smoking related illnesses. Having said that, this government have been very good at providing help & support to those who want to quit, along with subsidised medication (patches, gum, tablets etc)

..and I'm just fine with all that, however, once these helpful programs have been offered and rejected by the smoker, my point is that a level of personal responsibility for one's decisions must exist.

Deterants offered: Deterants refused.
Treatment offered: Treatment refused.
Care offered: Care refused.
Person dies: their fault.

Its not rocket science.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I read that currently no appetite surpressing medicines seems to work for Prader-Willi (I bet they haven't tried MDMA for legal reasons, but MDMA does enhance the serotonine transport (=genetic defected in prader-willi) and gives the user a feeling of "satisfaction" / wholeness/ fullness ). Prader-Willi are the ultimate chocolate cravers seeking to get their serotonine flow going...

Only consistently putting a lock on the fridge works, but many mums don't do this because their children start to get really nagging/annoying, they rather keep them "sweet" with food.

Also note, how many SSRI, such as Prozac tends to make many non Prader-Willi people obese and have low sexual drive, for dulling the flow of serotonine....It takes away the extreme moodswings but all the fun as well....

Another symptom is low muscle tone and slight retardedness. The weak muscletone promotes sedentary lifestyle and lower metabolic rate, aggrevating the obese effects of their food additiction.

Well, If I was a Dr. , knowing that surpressing their food intake is very hard, I rather would give them steroid cycles to improve their muscle tone and have them engage in very exhaustive sports, wich will burn those calories, turning that 300 lbs of blob into 250 lbs of rock hard muscle, prader-willi linebackers team coming soon!

[edit on 24-2-2005 by Countermeasures]

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join