It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sad! Don Jr. uses photoshopped image to inflate Trump’s approval rating

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 06:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: abago71
Does anyone have the unaltered pic?
I would like too see the original and the photoshopped one side by side.

Im guessing they changed it after that Rasmussen poll aug 6th where Trump hit 50 percent. Though it has now dropped to 47 but it does show the nation is split almost right down the middle.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Like father, like son. The family tradition of cheating.

Trump's team should be able to succeed without these falsehoods. It would certainly make him look better as a leader.

Please up you game Mr President.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
a reply to: Pyle

Oh look another person forgetting about GWB and the reason why Obama's early term numbers were low.

He has a little issue with understanding what deflection is. Don't waste any energy.

Deflection?

The its in the damn data in the photo-shopped picture at the start of the thread and gives context to the data we are seeing.

I am sorry that proper context of data ruins the guys narrative that I responded too and you had to sweep in to protect him, that was your choice to waste energy deflecting.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: notsure1

LOL LOL LOL I cant believe you posted that showing how bad Obama was lol..And how much better at POTUSING Trump is..

Except it's apples and oranges. Do you understand what the numbers are reflected in the graphic are? They're the stats after a year and a half in office.

Obama came into office in the midst of the largest economic downturn since the Great Depression. Of course the stats from the first 18 months were terrible.

Trump came into office at a point where the economy had already recovered and we'd had a few years of positive numbers. Then he went full bore with massive deregulation and the GOP passed its tax cuts which is all fuel on fire but time will tell what the longer term impact will be.

During the Obama years, despite starting off in that tremendous hole, the net increase in jobs was nearly 12 million. We've got 3.2 million added in the first 18-months of the Trump administration? That's good. 2016 was about 2 million jobs added so that's a good 30% increase in job creation over Obama's last full year in office.

If you look at jobs gained as a percentage, the biggest gains since JFK were under Bill Clinton (20.9% increase in non-agricultural employment). Everyone crushes both Bushes.

As far as unemployment, when Obama left office, the unemployment rate was 4.8%. It's dropped .9% since then. That's a lot different than comparing near peak unemployment of 9.4% at the height of the recession to the current unemployment rate of 3.9% don't you think?

I could keep going but it should be obvious that trying to compare the numbers from the first 18 months of the Obama administration to those of the Trump administration is clearly not a tremendously useful thing to do.

It's bad enough to take the graphic out of context but shopping fake approval numbers is super clownish #.

Worth the repeat post, because people are morons and don't understand what time frame the doctored graphic represents.

The first year and a half, folks, not the entire length of time in office. It also makes contextual sense to remember Obama was on the upswing in his first year and a half, also, it's not a Don Only club. If people really wanted to be truly honest and not make a mockery out of themselves, they'd compare Obama's 2nd term end numbers with the end of Bush's 2nd term.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

So 6 Million plus more net jobs, near half the deficit, and 3 times the rate of GDP growth gets Trump 40% vs 45% for Barry O? How goddamned stupid are 60% of the Americans this poll was taken amongst?

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
If people really wanted to be truly honest and not make a mockery out of themselves, they'd compare Obama's 2nd term end numbers with the end of Bush's 2nd term.

Hmm... you mean take our cues from the man who blamed everything that went wrong for his entire 8 years in office on the end of Bush's 2nd term with his ever so responsible "my predecessor left me with..." piss and moan?

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

How about that heh? Don Jnr posting a photoshopped poll? After everything his father said about fake polls.

For shame.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: Nyiah
If people really wanted to be truly honest and not make a mockery out of themselves, they'd compare Obama's 2nd term end numbers with the end of Bush's 2nd term.

Hmm... you mean take our cues from the man who blamed everything that went wrong for his entire 8 years in office on the end of Bush's 2nd term with his ever so responsible "my predecessor left me with..." piss and moan?

More like be logical and follow the numbers. If you want to look at what the predecessors contributed, by all means, track them in graphs or whatever tickles and do so. You can see a clear downhill pattern through Bush's 8 years after he took over from Clinton's numbers, it's not like he could have made any glory claims from that admin when he tanked his with his choices. After a certain point, recovering from bottoming out happens, but it's a slow process and certainly not instant upon election.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 11:52 PM
link   

near half the deficit

Lol.. hilarious. You mean.. nearly half the INCREASE in deficit? He promised to reduce it. Not a reality, not going to happen, nice spin though.

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 12:22 AM
link   
To be fair... Obama was dealing with the fallout of the 2008 economic collapse lolol

/me sings “one of these things is not like the other”

originally posted by: notsure1

So everything else besides the approval rating was spot on?

Still looks awesome..

MAGA
T

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Unless Trump Jr made the image your thread is a mute issue.

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Oh man must suck when you gotta use whataboutism to salvage your OP.

Jus anodda day at ATS.

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: thepixelpusher

Unless Trump Jr made the image your thread is a mute issue.

Such a mute issue you've had to post that reply to it.

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: thepixelpusher

or shall I say, moot issue?

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Epic Burn, you're like Trogdor The Burninator.

Burninating the country-sideeee!

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 12:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

Still looks awesome..

MAGA

That's precisely why DJTJR did what he did. It's amazing how amazingly good he is at trolling the media.

MAGA

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 12:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: abago71
Does anyone have the unaltered pic?
I would like too see the original and the photoshopped one side by side.

Im guessing they changed it after that Rasmussen poll aug 6th where Trump hit 50 percent. Though it has now dropped to 47 but it does show the nation is split almost right down the middle.

The poll was administered to the nation.

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Isn't his approval number 50% from Rasmussen? So while it was photoshopped it wasn't really inaccurate...?

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Well, just like thew Liberals do with CNN. I choose to believe it either way, because I saw it. Great job Trump!

posted on Aug, 12 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
a reply to: notsure1

Context is important. You understand the figures in that poll relate to comparable years of both Obama and Trump? You understand as well that Obama assumed office following the worst financial crises since the recession and took on high unemployment figures from the Bush Administration. Or is this all way over your head?

Christ.

You keep bringing up the financial crisis that Obama inherited. The economy was already in an upswing when Obama took office and was already recovering. Also the thing is, Obama, like a dumbass, raised taxes on the already weak economy and that guaranteed that the economy would remain stagnant with slow growth.

The smart thing to do in that situation would have been what President Trump did and lower taxes instead. Lowering taxes helps and encourages businesses and fuels growth. Obama will go down in history as one of our worst presidents.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join