It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

#MADA . . . . . . Would you do it

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   

What’s #MADA?
Make America Dinner Again.

Make America Dinner Again (M.A.D.A.) is bringing people of divergent views together for a nosh. It may be a surprise to hear that there’s a Seattle chapter, which means they somehow found enough Conservatives for a few chairs at the tables.
“What they do is take the politics out of the initial meeting,” said KIRO Radio’s Tom Tangney. “So you end up realizing that people are more than just their politics. When you have a dinner with somebody, you focus not just on the political beliefs, as much as the person who has those beliefs.”

iotwreport.com...

I have done it. There is no great exchange of ideas. Mostly it is me keeping my mouth shut while they rage about how terrible Trump is and how great Hillary would have been.

Then I get to pay for dinner.

Would you sit and eat with a Trump supporter or an avowed leftist?

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   
My best friend is anti-trump but we just agree to disagree politically.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Sure. If dinner is paid for and the conversation was civil.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I barely talk politics outside of ATS... So yes..

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I refuse to talk politics with friends or family, but they talk constantly. I hear it from both sides no matter how much I wish I didn't.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I’d love to. As long as ‘facts’ were compulsory.

But we all know that facts are fascist. Facts are racist. Facts are bigoted.

I’d imagine any sit-down with runofthemill dem supporters would end in tears or violence. Have you EVER seen them act in any other way?

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Sigh, I do this every time my family visits Portland, OR.
We have found that our politics differ greatly, so we choose to talk about great food and drinks.

There is no winning the argument Ive come to see, but we can all agree on how damn good the pork belly is at Pok Pok
edit on 10-8-2018 by BlueJacket because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Just dont make any foreign cuisine or SJW's will burn your house down for "cultural appropriation".

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I'm trying to get MYHDJO at my house -
Make your husband dinner just once, please!

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Just dont make any foreign cuisine or SJW's will burn your house down for "cultural appropriation".

Bring burgers or hot dogs and they'll tell you it's a White supremacy happy meal.
You can't win with these people.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   

As human beings we have more in common than we know. It's when politics and religion enter the realm of common decency that we become what we were in the past.

Nothing better than to spend a holiday with a family and feasting knowing that if you bring up religion or politics, your ass will be tossed out!

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Hmm.... Is Alex Jones Invited ? You know , the Guy who just Lost his First Amendment Right to Free Speech ? If not , I Hope they All Choke on their Humble Pie,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,.(

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   

King5 did something like, it was a dinner and talk about race and parenting. It got aired and looked like nothing but a "millennial" apology fest more then anything.

One of my favorite blurbs from it was how a black woman had to correct her kids after they were playing with pretend super soakers in the house. That's right, they didn't even have real squirt guns, but their mom flipped out and told stated that she had to explain that it was wrong.
Here's a youtube link to that segment if you want to see what I mean

They did other demographics too, but I felt that the Asian segiment was horribly lacking for this region. You can just go watch the other segments on your own without me bad mouthing all of it. I just came away from the whole report piece as thinking that King5 was pushing a "Millennial" agenda rather then having a real discussion about race ralations.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Whole hell, watch the food that the people were fed in the video I linked above. It was really telling about the producers of the show.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

What’s #MADA?
Make America Dinner Again.

Make America Dinner Again (M.A.D.A.) is bringing people of divergent views together for a nosh. It may be a surprise to hear that there’s a Seattle chapter, which means they somehow found enough Conservatives for a few chairs at the tables.
“What they do is take the politics out of the initial meeting,” said KIRO Radio’s Tom Tangney. “So you end up realizing that people are more than just their politics. When you have a dinner with somebody, you focus not just on the political beliefs, as much as the person who has those beliefs.”

Hell yeah... After all, theirs nothing more boring than having a political conversation/debate with someone who shares your same political ideology.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Tonight I will be having dinner with two ardent Trump supporters. From my history here you can see that I am not. Tonight we will enjoy the meal and avoid Trump entirely. We realize that friendship and sharing mutual joy is a better expression of our humanity than vain attempts to push ideological differences down one another throats. We will have a fine time tonight and be friends tomorrow.

And as much as I detest Trump, I would have a more difficult time sitting with anyone who thinks how great Hillary would have been.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Is there poison involved?

Actually there is some scripture bout feeding yo enemies and how it burns there heads.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Sort of.

I don't live in the U.S., however I do fairly frequently sit down to eat and drink with folks who have eclectic political views, and who are prone to discussing politriks.

I can only recall one food fight that was a direct result of political disagreement. Total waste of perfectly good breadfruit salad, albeit entertaining as hell!

I think it would be interesting to sit down with total strangers to eat and drink for the sole purpose of debating political ideas. Although I'm a staunch supporter of the Second Amendment, I think I'd prefer nobody be carrying until some level of trust was established.

That's probably not the flavor of discourse you were seeking.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 05:06 PM
link   

My aunt and uncle are avowed leftists so I have to.

Otherwise Hell no.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

No he didn't. He still has them. The platforms he chose to use are also choosing how to use their rights by kicking him off of their platforms. The constitution promises freedom of speech, not the megaphone to use in exercising it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join