It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.N. says it has credible reports that China holds million Uighurs in secret camps

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   

A U.N. human rights panel said on Friday that it had received many credible reports that 1 million ethnic Uighurs in China are held in what resembles a “massive internment camp that is shrouded in secrecy”.

Gay[sic?] McDougall, a member of the U.N. Committee on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination, cited estimates that 2 million Uighurs and Muslim minorities were forced into “political camps for indoctrination” in the western Xinjiang autonomous region.

Up to two million minorities and Muslims held in camps; that's an insane number. And how could such a large number be missed for years?

A Chinese delegation of some 50 officials made no comment on her remarks at the Geneva session that continues on Monday.

The allegations came from multiple sources, including activist group Chinese Human Rights Defenders...

Who are Uighurs?

The Uyghurs or Uygurs (as the standard romanisation in Chinese GB 3304-1991) are a Turkic ethnic group who live in East and Central Asia. Today, Uyghurs live primarily in the Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region of the People’s Republic of China, where they are one of 55 officially recognized ethnic minorities. Uyghurs primarily practice Islam. Like many populations of Central Eurasia, they are genetically related to both Caucasoid and East Asian populations.

Reuters

Luckily, we live in a country where religious freedoms are guaranteed by the Constitution, and everyone should be able to practice any religion they want to or abstain from it if that is the choice. Unfortunately for these couple of million people, they do not have such privileges in China.

What do you think folks; now that this has come to light will it become an international spectacle? Will anyone in the West care, because it's Muslims? Do Americans care?

Are people, humans, more than the religion they practice?

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   
It's the UN reporting this...
UN bad for USA.
So, fake news to steal taxes money from US citizens.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   
It’s shocking, agreed. China needs to be held to account here.

But I see you touting western beliefs of ‘being able to abstain ‘ from a religion.

Under EVERY single islamic regime on earth you abstain from Islam at your own risk. Big time.

As shocking as this Chinese secret may be it will be no comparison to what will take place in Europe when islamisation is complete. Prepare your children and grandchildren for worse things than internment camps.

But yes, I hope there is international condemnation and pressure on China to immediately stop this practice. Unlike islam, most people believe in individual freedoms.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear
It's the UN reporting this...
UN bad for USA.
So, fake news to steal taxes money from US citizens.

That's very short-sighted... we ARE the UN.

By that same rationale, the Holocaust did not happen because the UN has a Holocaust Outreach Programme.

Just for a moment, assume the multiple agencies are speaking the truth -- are you outraged or did you deflect because you secretly agree?

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   
So I wonder what shady deals were made in order for the UN to suddenly come out with this? Attention deflection, sympathy gainer? Whatever it may be, you just know there's hidden plays at hand

edit on -180002018-08-10T16:30:04-05:000000000431201804082018Fri, 10 Aug 2018 16:30:04 -0500 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I find the timing of the report suspect considering the trade war going on.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I think any sane thinking person would be outraged that someone because of what they think is held in prison. I honestly cannot stand Islam.. (although I pretty much feel the same way about Christianity) but I am grown up enough to separate their mental disability from the fact they are in fact human!

The sad fact is different cultures do not assimilate well. there does certainly seem to be a rise in islamification not just in Europe but the world in general on mass. You could argue that it is a plan of some sorts (cat amongst the pigeons there!!) All I know is right now on the south coast of England we are the last area to be islam free. In fact I don't know of one Asian person living in lyme regis... yet... You could argue that the likes of China are preempting this globally. Make China so unattractive to them they don't come.. what better way then to persecute those already there till they bugger off back to where they came from.

Not saying thats the best idea but the chinese are far from stupid... they don't do things for fun.... EVER and to a certain degree I kinda agree with it!

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Gay[sic?] McDougall

what caused this

also ugars held in china...i think there may be a previous thread on here from yrs ago on the subject.

Here is one a related

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 10-8-2018 by howtonhawky because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Kharron

Can you imagine how much it must cost to keep them alive, even in bad conditions. That's a whole lot of people to keep track of and maintain. If this turns out to be true, I'd be very interested in understanding why.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum
So I wonder what shady deals were made in order for the UN to suddenly out with this? Attention deflection, sympathy gainer? Whatever it may be, you just know there's hidden plays at hand

Exactly. The U.N. agenda 21 is a disgusting genocidal plan that they openly work towards. This ‘out’ has corruption written all over it.

Still, I hope the people are released and are ok. I feel that if this was a Muslim regime, not China, the U.N. would be very silent indeed.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky

Gay[sic?] McDougall

what caused this

also ugars held in china...i think there may be a previous thread on here from yrs ago on the subject.

[sic] is meant to denote a possible spelling error. I am not familiar with that person and did not know if it was meant to be Gary or not, so I put a [sic] in there to avoid off topic questions or jokes about the name that could derail the thread.

Only to bring up a question about it.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   
The Chinese government is reeducating all Muslims in camps. This has been going on for a while. Not much of a "peep" of reporting. It's China.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum
So I wonder what shady deals were made in order for the UN to suddenly out with this? Attention deflection, sympathy gainer? Whatever it may be, you just know there's hidden plays at hand

Exactly. The U.N. agenda 21 is a disgusting genocidal plan that they openly work towards. This ‘out’ has corruption written all over it.

Still, I hope the people are released and are ok. I feel that if this was a Muslim regime, not China, the U.N. would be very silent indeed.

Not quite sure why you think Agenda 21 is anything to do with genocide mate.

And they won't be released as the UN is useless, the motivation is politics, not the welfare of people

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Here is another article i found.

Residents have also been asked to spy on each other. In Urumqi, the region’s capital, locals can report security threats via a new mobile app. People living in Altay in northern Xinjiang have been promised rewards of up to 5m yuan ($720,000) for tip-offs that help capture militants—over 200 times the local income per person.

www.economist.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

Angenda 21 openly espouses the total replacement of native European peoples those from less advanced civilisations. That’s genocide. Like when the Europeans replaced the American people’s with the white man.

Agenda 21 and the Kalergi plan are openly touted by the U.N. and openly supported by fascist organisations like the eu.

If this story was about the saudis slaughtering non Muslims, there would be NO United Nations involvement whatsoever.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

I'd like to think that there would be uproar before any of that kicks off, saying that though, most people seem comfortably docile these days, so you never know.

Thankfully though, the UN makes a lot of noise but does little, so doubt it will ever happen

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   
The bottom line is that China probably feels strong enough to ignore UN reports. The rest of the world is not going to declare war to free the Uighurs, and there aren't many other workable options. Even a Twitterstorm would probably be ineffective.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Look up their organ harvesting programs:

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   
It's an atheist state, what do you expect
What do you want done
What can we do

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link