It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Celebs we met this weekend (Tampa Bay Comic Con)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Some here know this, but my wife and I love going to different sci-fi, fantasy, and comic conventions. It's a lot of fun to cosplay, see other cosplayers and their costumes, and of course, meet celebrities from our favorite shows and movies. Over the years, we've met over 200 or so celebs from all kinds of fandoms. Star Wars, Star Trek, horror movies, TV shows, etc.

Ones we met this weekend.

Val Kilmer - He's looking a bit rough these days, fighting a serious illness, but he's still a card. His antics were great, even if the photographers were a bit miffed he wasn't going as fast as they liked, hehe. He was having too much fun.

Rory McCann - Plays the Hound on Game of Thrones. We actually first met him a few years back, but got a pic with him this year. Tall guy, he must be six and a half feet tall.

At this point, we've pretty much met the majority of the Stranger Things cast, other than Winona Ryder and the gal who plays Eleven. We filled in some of our last meetings with both David Harbor (the Sheriff) and Noah Schnapp (Will)

Also met Camren Bicondova (Selina Kyle, Catwoman, on Gotham). Must have had her hair cut for a role. She was amazed by my wife's costume's wings (they open and close, etc.), and was just adorable. Next month, we should get pics with the actors who play Bruce and Alfred on the show. (at MegaCon Tampa Bay)

At some point, will have to post some pics from previous Cons. Some of whom, sadly, have even since passed away, so it was nice to meet them then. For example, Adam West, Carrie Fisher, etc.

Anyhow, we have a lot of fun doing it, and depending on the Con, sometimes, you get a chance to have a bit more time. For example, I've actually had some great conversations with Erin Gray (may remember her from Buck Rogers or Silver Spoons), about horses, I've had drinks with Sir Anthony Daniels (C-3PO), and sat trading jokes with Michael Dorn (Warf, Star Trek, Next Generation) and LeVar Burton (Geordi, from the same). Just cool when these things happen. I highly recommend anyone into this stuff, check out what local cons may be coming to their area. It's a lot of fun.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Even though cosplay is not my thing, I love seeing people do what they love and be happy.

S&F

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

Looks like you had a good bit of fun.

I was shocked when I watched The Snowman and got a look at Val Kilmer. I had to IMBD to ensure that was him in the movie. Unrecognizable.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Val Got old!

Hear there's going to be a Top Gun 2 soon.

Real Genius, and Top Secret.

Two of my favorite movies as a teen.

edit on 10-8-2018 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Some others I had handy in my uploads (from previous cons)

Billy Dee Williams (Lando himself) - looks pretty good for a guy who's like 80, huh? Amazing....

The princess herself, Carrie Fisher (and her dog Gary, of course). This was about a year before she passed.

The even more beautiful in person, as if it were possible, Kate Beckinsale. I mean, just...wow.

What kind of nerd would I be without Shatner?

Michael Rooker (Merle from Walking Dead, or Yondo from Guardians of the Galaxy)

Some of the cast of True Blood

Traci Lords (well, you either know what she's from, or you don't...lol)

Many, many, many more...but these I already had uploaded here and handy, so sharing some of 'em.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   

The even more beautiful in person, as if it were possible, Kate Beckinsale. I mean, just...wow.

Now I'm jealous!

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Hear there's going to be a Top Gun 2 soon.

Doubt he'll be in it. He can't really talk much these days. Not really age, it's the illness. He's battled throat cancer for a while.
edit on 10-8-2018 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Now I'm jealous!

Definitely met some beautiful actresses over the years. Funniest thing is how TINY most are.... (not Kate, as you can see). Eliza Dushku (Dollhouse, Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back, etc.) is one that stands out.... She just brushed her hair back as we were coming up, and even my wife melted, lol.

Jaime Murray (Spartacus, Warehouse 13, others) was another. She has this amazing English accent....and was just....wow, in person.

Lucy Lawless (Xena) and Renee O'Connor (Gabrielle) are both beautiful in person as well as onscreen. And Lucy is FUNNY, I mean, really funny. She should do more comedy. Personally, I think Renee looks better now than she even did as Gabrielle.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I’ve been to a couple of Comic Cons in Austin. Michael Rooker was my favorite celebrity there. He was so nice to my daughter and her friend. One time, they ran out of money so they couldn’t do the photo op thing. They sat on the floor next to where he was posing for photos, and he saw them bummed they couldn’t do it, so he ran over to them and told my daughter, “hurry, get your phone and take a selfie with me, I’m not supposed to be doing this, but what the hell!” Super nice guy. Great to his fans.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Been at San Diego Comic Con a few times before they restricted the tickets and to a couple Vegas conventions, I did met Capt. Kirk but no camera on hand, so no selfie with Traci but do have a couple with Silvia S. & Nina H.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: manuelram16

Nice. While obviously, Traci is known for certain work, I'm actually a big fan of her music. A lot of folks don't know, but she's got songs in movies like Virtuosity and Mortal Kombat, for example.

Michael Rooker was my favorite celebrity there.

Yeah, he was real nice. He always plays such a bad guy, but in real life, never saw him without a smile on his face. We've actually met him at a couple different Cons, and he's always very pleasant. The pic above, was just before the Walking Dead was really that big of a deal. We see Lauren Cohen (Maggie from Walking Dead) all the time at Cons, and she's just gorgeous in person. (and her accent, yum). The actress who plays Carol was actually at a con once (she normally shies away from them), but I'll be damned if her photo op didn't go quick (and very limited in number). Never met Andrew Lincoln either (though my wife did).

She and her best friend were in GA, actually at a Con for Vampire Diaries, when they found out about a small Walking Dead con nearby. The show had only aired one season, so wasn't near a big thing yet. Her friend didn't even know of the show. Anyhow, my wife and her bestie are rounding a corner, and Andrew Lincoln (Rick) and Norman Reedus (Darryl) are as well, and Norman wasn't looking where he was going. Anyhow, he walked right into my wife's friend, and (he's actually very much a gentleman) deeply apologized, saying he was so sorry. My wife's friend (not known for being nice) has no idea who he is (this was before they walked around with security or an entourage, etc.) and said, "Put your sorry in your sack, mister!".... Now Andrew, used to women fawning all over Norman, just laughed his ass off at this.... (my wife let her in on the joke afterwards)....
edit on 10-8-2018 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   
One of these days, I'll make it out to the San Diego con, and the New York one. About the biggest we've gone to is the 3rd largest, DragonCon in Atlanta. We used to go every year, but lately, the prices in downtown Atlanta have just gone astronomical. It's a bit nuts really. Our normal hotel nearly doubled recently....and that's a 5 day Con....

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Tampa?

Watch out for skunk apes!

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Cons are the biggest things I miss from being in the states (and concerts).

I've met Shatner, Dorn, and Levar before, great guys in person.

Patrick Stewart is still my all time fav from a con in Phoenix. He came out to speak in front of about 2-3000 and they had turned the mercury vapor lights off. He told them to turn them on because he wanted to see who he was speaking with and the crowd roared. Then in between answering questions and telling stories he kept pausing and saying "this is surreal your all appearing out of the gloom" to much laughter and applause.

Thanks for sharing the cool photos, the wife enjoyed them as well. (She's never met anyone famous, had no idea people do this at cons)
edit on 10-8-2018 by SpartanStoic because: add

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Cool thanks for sharing!

Aww, Carrie Fisher with Frenchie(or slight mix lol).

top topics

join