It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The V-Chip, A Test For Mind Control?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Good evening ATS, as I was watching TV tonight, along with millions of Americans, I caught notice for the 100th time the V-chip commerical. When I first saw the commercial it sounded like the government and FCC were actually trying to straighten up the act of children, and parenting. But after seeing how adimate this commercial was, I began to ponder. After about 30 minutes of thought, I came to the conclusion that the V-Chip may be a test subject for children, just as much as for the adult population. If this chip is sucessful, what chip is next? Before I engage in complete guessing games with what the govermnent might be doing to our heads, I would love to hear from my fellow members of ATS

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 04:22 AM
link   
I'm not familiar with the V-Chip and i'm sure alot of non-US members are in the same boat... please for the sake of us all give us some more info, or a link or something coz it sounds interesting.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Yeah us aussies have never (im saying us as a generalization as some may have) heard of this so called V-Chip.
As Pauline Hanson would say "Please Explain"

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Its a microchip that can be installed into a TV that filters out things that its programmed to block.
Its one of the stupidest things ever created in my opinion,
I mean if you have children, you should not be paying for an adult channel (Playboy) anyway, and some people argue that it blocks out violence, well guess what your kids are gonna get exposed to violence anyways.

[edit on 2/23/2005 by iori_komei]

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 03:52 AM
link   
www.fcc.gov... for those not in the States, this link to the FCC will completely explain the intentions for the V-Chip as said before designed to filter and block certain programs, propaganda for control of what you watch.... CONTROL.... Someone tell me why I hate that word

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I don't think it's something for mind control. It's just providing a way to have sensible parenting. If you have hundreds of channels, some of which may show adult programming or something you just don't want your children to see, it allows you to block that out so your kids can't see it. That way you know your children won't see anything wrong or offensive on the tv. It's similar to the NetNanny programs for the internet.

new topics

top topics

join