It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A drug called 'monkey dust' which causes people to eat faces and jump from buildings is spreading

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

originally posted by: FamCore
a reply to: SprocketUK

Think I'll stick with my Monkey Bread, and some whiskey on the weekends
idiots

O M G..... I haven't had monkey bread in years, damn you for making me remember that sad fact.

And I don't even particularly care for sweets.

I thought monkey bread was bananas

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

I agree, prohibition on a natural plant with no proven serious health consequences while keeping alcohol legal is just silly. I think it is just a matter of time though with Colorado showing the potential for revenue.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Sound's like PCP or something similar

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

originally posted by: Jefferton

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum
Yeah, it's the drugs fault, not the idiots who take it

I have to agree. If you willingly take something like this, your brains are already mush.

Why people take such things is a whole other argument. I could never understand intravenous drug users, but then again, maybe their lives were already so awful it didn't seem such a bad deal in return for forgetting their own misery for a while?

I don't know, but I am sure that cheap rubbish like this isn't good for society as a whole.

When people get that depressed, they turn to self-destruction out of frustration - like those teenagers who cut their own wrists.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
Even if a government does legalize most drugs, all that will happen is that they will be so heavily taxed that people will still smuggle the stuff in anyway.

When was the last time you paid the duty on cigarettes and booze when there was an alternative source available?
Agreed.
There are two independent shops in my town sell illegal smuggled tobacco products from under the counter, never mind the sole traders who walk pub to pub selling it. It's half the price of legal taxed products in law abiding stores.
Illegal drugs will always be cheaper than regulated drugs, same as 'tax free' smuggled alcohol and tobacco are now already.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Scary stuff out there. Makes you wonder how on Earth somebody came up with a drug like this to begin with. Don't they have enough drugs already? (one of the major problem with prohibition... look at the alcohol/methanol debacle during the early 20th century)

Wonder if this is what Rudy Eugene was exposed to, the infamous "Miami Zombie"

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

I can't personally blame them on that. Gotta circumvent excessive government handouts (at implied gunpoint) somehow

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns
Oh gosh yes, it's why nobody grasses the black market up in my parts, well that, and the fact you'd die of shock if you saw a cop on the beat lol
You wouldn't believe what comes in on small port fishing boats here, the urban parts of Britain think this is innocent tranquil rural/coast England, but look behind the tourist facade and it's a whole nother place.

It's different in my part of England, and even if the drug in the OP makes it here, any trouble and the communities will take care of it, no police called, and no witnesses. Even our heroin addicts mostly behave themselves here, they don't fear police but they fear beatings from locals. The system works well, they do their crap out of sight in their shared bedsit hovels, and are accepted/tolerated so long as they behave in public.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Nasty crap, similar to bath salts from what I read. It might make someone feel like superman. That could be some dangerous stuff, instilling confidence that is unfounded.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   

I had a brother-in-law that used bath salts in the US. He said it is a 'really bad time trip', and he stopped using bath salts because it was dysphoric like that. The only reason he used them to start was because they were cheap, and he could not find the heroin he preferred. He later died of a heroin overdose; so, go figure … but I think all the bad press about the unpleasantness of the bath salt experience slowly killed of the popularity of this 'monkey dust' for most people in the US.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   

"Bath Salts" is a mere blanket term for like dozens of chems, the problem with the concept as a point of sale label is nobody knows what the hell they actually getting thus not know to to / how NOT to use whatever it is in any given 'thing' they get. Then factor in a lot of people are morons, and a lot are way to into stuff, and then they OD and who knows what will happen.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   
some good replies there.
I wont even smoke weed these days, it's wholly different and absolutely stinks compared to what was around when I was younger.
No way I would be ingesting the contents of some chemical set when I can spend 20 quid for a bottle of Bushmills.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   

The drug, known as "monkey dust," is sweeping across the northern UK, and is said to make users feel as though they have incredible strength akin to the Hulk, and can make them act dangerously — scaling buildings and jumping from great heights.

In some of the southern states in the US, there is no need for "monkey dust" for someone to feel superhuman. Pabst Blue Ribbon is the stimulant of choice.

Then at some point you are likely to hear those magic words: "Hold my beer and watch this..."

-dex

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 12:41 AM
link   
My guess is we just ignored it and people didn't think it was cool enough to be doing so the problem went away before it was a problem.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 12:45 AM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

Hmm, never worked with any other drugs.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake

Hmm, never worked with any other drugs.

Maybe it was all the free advertising the other drugs got in the media? Maybe "bath salts" just wasn't cool enough a name. I mean, you have to admit that "Yo man! I got me some bath salts!" doesn't exactly sound gangsta.

Maybe the secret to discouraging drug use is to give it a stupid name that sounds like what it does to your brain. Like "toilet bowl cleaner".

edit on 11-8-2018 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Or call it krokodil(reader discretion advised if unfamiliar) or krokodil-like. Though, skin sores at the very least-though not skin rotting, doesn't scare many off meth, etc. There's been some US cases but possibly what it does may be enough to keep it from becoming more popular.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 03:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake

Or call it krokodil

Or call it twinkling turds.

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 05:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75

Bath salts are straight up scary as HELL!!!

*Man comes in ER with his face singed because he has put his face in the oven trying to find the gnome he hears

*It takes 10 grown men and a mattress to bring one man to the ground after he has been medicated because he has such superhuman strength.

*Last week they had one come in he pulled a mounted Sharps Box off of the wall and threw it across the room like it was nothing

These are true stories. I'm sorry you have to take my word for it. You cannot list the stories with examples it is against the law. But I promise you it's here and it's worse than you ever thought it was.

Why do i get the feeling that this could be a government experiment to turn the world chaotic?
Superhuman strength and 10 people to bring that person down gets me thinking.

I read some of these cases a few years back, it is scary what some people do while under the influence. This shouldnt even be out on the streets. And people should know better and do their research before trying anything.

Honestly stick with booze, or better yet, no drugs at all. The best life is a clean life...

posted on Aug, 11 2018 @ 11:33 PM
link   
In America, Meth and Flakka seem to be the scariest. Bath salts seem to be #ed up but not too much where im at

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join