It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More proof of voter fraud

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

I have had my absentee ballot thrown away multiple times over the years because it was sent from a military location over seas and did not have the stamp identifying where and when it was sent from.

If its mailed from in the states I do not think there is any sort of check on it.

======================

I am to this day astonished that I need 2 forms of ID to get a job, yet in many locations a simple ID, or just giving an address is enough to vote in a national election.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: Wayfarer

originally posted by: Deetermined
a reply to: Wayfarer

You mean like the person who was 'purged' erroneously and therefore doesn't get to vote come election time. I guess you and I have entirely different definitions of the word 'harm'.

How hard is it to make a telephone call or get online and check your registration status before you take the time to actually go vote?

That's a subjectively qualitative question. Clearly to you it is effortless, so you are assuming its effortless for everyone (which is an incorrect assumption).

If someone can't figure it out, they aren't smart enough to be voting imho.

So a sort of 'IQ test to vote' is what you're endorsing here. Not really unlike a Literary Test. At least you are unabashed about your nature.
edit on 32am18famFri, 10 Aug 2018 10:26:52 -0500America/ChicagoFri, 10 Aug 2018 10:26:52 -0500 by Wayfarer because: grammar

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: face23785

The only way leftists win is to cheat.

Your trolling is so sad DB.....

I just want to send you a fruit-basket.

I like melon.

And what I said was true.

the leftist ideology isn't about more freedoms, it's actually about less.

But it's "couched" in a way (a lie) so that it appears to offer stuff for free.

Voter fraud is part and parcel of what they do.

And right wing ideology is: freedom for all who agree with our strict ideologies.

So much better...

It's striking how well this describes the modern left in America. Free speech, unless we don't like your speech. Then it's "hate speech" and you will be attacked, for example.

Crazy how they've become the very thing they used to fight against. To even call such a position "liberal" is a bastardization of what liberalism used to be.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Every state and territory has provisional ballots. You've been listening to msm propaganda.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

No. That's left-wing. That's why those on the left are asking to limit 1st amendment Rights because they don't want conservatives to have the rights that they themselves took advantage of for so long.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: diggindirt

Every state and territory has provisional ballots. You've been listening to msm propaganda.

Yeah this is one of my favorite pieces of propaganda. "If the voter rolls are scrubbed, people will be denied the right to vote." It's a verifiable lie. If you show up on election day and you're not on the list, you can still vote. They just verify your eligibility after the fact and if it turns out you're not an eligible voter, they don't count your vote.

The only thing it will stop is voter fraud. Makes you wonder who would be against such a thing?

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

The military always gets # on when it comes to absentee ballots. Mailing stateside doesn't have the problems of overseas assignments. I can sort of understand why overseas ballots are more stringent though.

As far as voter ID I think the argument is stupid. We ID here it isn't a problem and I think if people want to vote spending 12 dollars for a state ID is very reasonable.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

I almost always disagree with the left. Problem is I don't agree with the right much more.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

You mean like the person who was 'purged' erroneously and therefore doesn't get to vote come election time. I guess you and I have entirely different definitions of the word 'harm'.

How hard is it to make a telephone call or get online and check your registration status before you take the time to actually go vote?

That's a subjectively qualitative question. Clearly to you it is effortless, so you are assuming its effortless for everyone (which is an incorrect assumption).

If someone can't figure it out, they aren't smart enough to be voting imho.

So a sort of 'IQ test to vote' is what you're endorsing here. Not really unlike a Literary Test. At least you are unabashed about your nature.

I actually support literacy tests to vote. I don't think anyone should be able to vote without being able to at least demonstrate you understand the who, what, and why's of our government. Do you think people who can't name the three branches of government should be voting?

There is a reason our founders created a REPUBLIC and not a straight democracy. They knew the dangers of mob rule.

We require legal immigrants to take a citizenship test. I propose that same test be given to all voters. It tests the basics of our government.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

The military always gets # on when it comes to absentee ballots. Mailing stateside doesn't have the problems of overseas assignments. I can sort of understand why overseas ballots are more stringent though.

As far as voter ID I think the argument is stupid. We ID here it isn't a problem and I think if people want to vote spending 12 dollars for a state ID is very reasonable.

I'd even be for giving them free IDs. Of course it won't be free, it's paid for with tax money, but of all the things our tax money pays for this would be one of the most worthwhile.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Is this actually evidence of voter fraud? That's clearly the agenda driven assumption being made. In my job, I deal with a lot of data entered into databases, both by human beings and electronically from external sources. My first thought is, "Could this be bad data?"

From the source:

In fact, many of the voters on Ohio’s rolls list their birthdays as Jan. 1, 1800

That's very interesting to me. My guess is that it results from software that has been given a malformed or blank date.

For instance, some of you will be familiar with UNIX Epoch time which is a string representing the number of seconds since 0:00:00 UTC on Jan 1, 1970. In other words, as I'm writing this, the current UNIX Epoch time is 1533915947 (1533915947 seconds since the aforementioned data).

The PHP function strtotime() is used to convert human readable time formats to UNIX Epoch time. This is commonly used in conjunction with the PHP date() function in doing date conversions. So say you want to convert "08/10/2018" (MM/DD/YYYY) to "2018-08-10" (the much better YYYY-MM-DD), you'd use strtotime() as a parameter to the date function like so: date("Y-m-d", strtotime("08/10/2018")).

That will work as desired but if you feed strtotime() a malformed date that it can't parse or a null value, instead of a string like "1533915947" it returns a Boolean value of false. Passing that value to the date command like so: date("Y-m-d", strtotime("")) will result in a returned date value of 1969-12-31 unless you don't have the timezone settings set in PHP, in which case it will return 1970-01-01.

Another example might be MS SQL Server databases which have a DateTime column type with a date range of 01/01/1753 to 31/12/9999 (that minimum date there is Jan 1, 1753). This has something to do with the British adopting the Gregorian calendar in 1752. So you'll encounter instances where an out of range or malformed date ends up in the database as Jan 1, 1753.

I suspect that somewhere, there's date handling that was intended to handle birth dates back to the 1800s that has a minimum date of Jan 1, 1800 and has been fed malformed or missing data which resulted in the minimum date value being stored in the database.
edit on 2018-8-10 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   

If people have the ability to find their way to a voting station, you don't think they have the ability to find their way to a free computer at the library or a telephone to check their registration status beforehand??!! Where's the logic in that?

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Last Presidential election a woman in line in front of me didn't have ID so she had to go to the side and sign the papers. She carried a binder with all her information and she read from it. Everyone knew she was lying so one woman went to security and told him. As luck would have it she parked in a handicapped spot without a handicapped ID or supposedly any ID. So driving without ID nope she had a drivers license. Always wondered how that turned out.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Is this actually evidence of voter fraud? That's clearly the agenda driven assumption being made. In my job, I deal with a lot of data entered into databases, both by human beings and electronically from external sources. My first thought is, "Could this be bad data?"

From the source:

In fact, many of the voters on Ohio’s rolls list their birthdays as Jan. 1, 1800

That's very interesting to me. My guess is that it results from software that has been given a malformed or blank date.

For instance, some of you will be familiar with UNIX Epoch time which is a string representing the number of seconds since 0:00:00 UTC on Jan 1, 1970. In other words, as I'm writing this, the current UNIX Epoch time is 1533915947 (1533915947 seconds since the aforementioned data).

The PHP function strtotime() is used to convert human readable time formats to UNIX Epoch time. This is commonly used in conjunction with the PHP date() function in doing date conversions. So say you want to convert "08/10/2018" (MM/DD/YYYY) to "2018-08-10" (the much better YYYY-MM-DD), you'd use strtotime() as a parameter to the date function like so: date("Y-m-d", strtotime("08/10/2018")).

That''ll work as desired but if you feed strtotime() a malformed date that it can't parse or a null value, instead of a string like "1533915947" it returns a Boolean value of false. Passing that value to the date command like so: date("Y-m-d", strtotime("")) will result in a returned date value of 1969-12-31 unless you don't have the timezone settings set in PHP, in which case it will return 1970-01-01.

Another example might be MS SQL Server databases which have a DateTime column type with a date range of 01/01/1753 to 31/12/9999 (that minimum date there is Jan 1, 1753). This has something to do with the British adopting the Gregorian calendar in (1752). So you'll encounter instances where an out of range or malformed date ends up in the database as Jan 1, 1753.

I suspect that somewhere, there's date handling that was intended to handle birth dates back to the 1800s that has a minimum date of Jan 1, 1800 and has been fed malformed or missing data which resulted in the minimum date value being stored in the database.

Those particular instances very well could be software errors. Those are given as additional examples of how messed up the voter rolls are. Those people would be well over 200 years old. Obviously those aren't the same cases as the 72 voters who were 116 or older.

That said, the ones with the 1800 birth dates are still invalid registrations and should be verified and fixed. We can't do that though because it's "racist". It just further illustrates the point that our voter registration system needs an overhaul.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   

I agree, I know some states will give a state ID for free to the resident.

So I don't get the issue either, I am sure there are programs that will help people get the ID if they are to poor to afford 10 or 12 dollars every couple years.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

I agree, I know some states will give a state ID for free to the resident.

So I don't get the issue either, I am sure there are programs that will help people get the ID if they are to poor to afford 10 or 12 dollars every couple years.

And if there isn't, I'm sure a GoFundMe could take care of it. There's idiots giving money to Kylie Jenner because she only has $900M and they think she should be a billionaire.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Apparently, if the registration process isn't "effortless" it is somehow discriminatory. I don't get it either.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Let's not forget about the Detroit recount fiasco from 2016...

Voting machines in more than one-third of all Detroit precincts registered more votes than they should have during last month’s presidential election, according to Wayne County records prepared at the request of The Detroit News.

Detailed reports from the office of Wayne County Clerk Cathy Garrett show optical scanners at 248 of the city’s 662 precincts, or 37 percent, tabulated more ballots than the number of voters tallied by workers in the poll books. Voting irregularities in Detroit have spurred plans for an audit by Michigan Secretary of State Ruth Johnson’s office, Elections Director Chris Thomas said Monday.

The problems were the worst in Detroit, where discrepancies meant officials couldn’t recount votes in 392 precincts, or nearly 60 percent. And two-thirds of those precincts had too many votes.

Republican state senators last week called for an investigation in Wayne County, including one precinct where a Detroit ballot box contained only 50 of the 306 ballots listed in a poll book, according to an observer for Trump.

City officials have told state officials that ballots in that precinct were never taken out of a locked bin below the voting machine tabulator on Election Day, said Secretary of State spokesman Fred Woodhams.

“That’s what we’ve been told, and we’ll be wanting to verify it,” Woodhams said. “At any rate, this should not have happened.”

The state is not calling the audit an investigation, “but based on what we find, it could lead to more,” he said.

www.detroitnews.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

Apparently, if the registration process isn't "effortless" it is somehow discriminatory. I don't get it either.

Yeah, the campaigns can get buses and ridesharing and everything else to make sure they get voters to the voting stations on election day, but they can't get them to the ID place. They can raise a billion dollars to try to coronate Hillary but they can't figure out a way to fund IDs.

They're either dependent on illegal votes or they're dependent on the false narrative that voter ID is racist.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Those particular instances very well could be software errors. Those are given as additional examples of how messed up the voter rolls are. Those people would be well over 200 years old. Obviously those aren't the same cases as the 72 voters who were 116 or older.

Actually, I just looked at the GAI list of the dates of birth that was linked. You should give it a look. There are only 4 different DOBs in the list of 170:

1800-01-01 (124 rows)
1900-01-01 (24 rows)
1901-01-01 (21 rows)
1900-10-08 (1 row)

These don't appear at first blush to be registrations for dead people.

That said, the ones with the 1800 birth dates are still invalid registrations and should be verified and fixed. We can't do that though because it's "racist". It just further illustrates the point that our voter registration system needs an overhaul.

What do you mean by "verified and fixed?" Because in my experience, the "solution" often put forth by conservative groups is to simply purge.

Honest question: how do you weigh the concern for fraudulent votes vs legitimate voters not being able to vote?

In other words, how many people showing up to the polling place and being told they're not registered to vote because they were purged is justified by stopping 1 fraudulent vote? If 10 people don't get to vote to stop 1 fraudulent vote, is that okay? How about in states with provisional balloting for people who encounter registration issues — would it be okay to have 1,000 people casting provisional ballots that they can't follow up on, which are out of normal process and subject to mishandling, to stop a single fraudulent vote? Are you going to demand auditing of provisional ballots to make sure everyone who cast one had their vote recorded?

I get the concern for fraudulent voting, I really do. I don't want fraudulent votes cast. I'm also concerned that citizens will be denied the right to cast their legitimate votes.

Would you say that you have an equal concern?
edit on 2018-8-10 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join