It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unite the Right 2018

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 08:30 AM
link   
One year ago Charlottesville, VA played host to what was advertised as the largest rally of its kind. The weekend festivities started on Friday night when attendees marched to the UVA campus carrying tiki torches, surrounded UVA staff and students, and assaulted them. It all then culminated on Saturday afternoon when an attendee drove his car in to a group of counter-protesters, killing Heather Heyer and injuring 20+ others.

Exactly one year later UTR is being held again. While it is expected people will show up in Charlottesville, the official rally is being held in Washington DC outside of the White House. Already rally goers and counter-protesters have begun to arrive.

Will this year end up like last year? Is there anyone that actually supports UTR's decision to hold the rally exactly one year after one of their own committed a terror attack?

So far things have been quiet but that is sure to change rather quickly. I'll try to keep you updated on if things boil over in either location. Fingers crossed we don't have another tragedy on our hands before Monday rolls around.

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 08:40 AM
link   
One group has a permit, the other group does not. I can tell which side is going to be the one to start some sh^&.

I betting my money on Antifa to help instigate a fight that will lead to a mass arrest on both sides.

I hate leftists

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: WarPig1939
I hate leftists

Careful not to let that hate eat you from the inside my friend.
It will take years off of your miserable life.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: WarPig1939

UTR started the violence last year. They are the ones that fired a gun in to a crowd. They are the ones that trapped people in a church. And they are the ones that drive a car into a crowd.

Why do you think the Nazis will be better behaved this year?

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 08:45 AM
link   

I betting my money on Antifa to help instigate a fight that will lead to a mass arrest on both sides.

That's a safe bet.

I hate leftists

That contempt is well deserved.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 08:46 AM
link   

One group has a permit, the other group does not. I can tell which side is going to be the one to start some sh^&.

I hate leftists

Oh hey, here's a guy who think's the Nazi's are actually the peaceful good guys.....

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

That's a safe bet.

I hate leftists

That contempt is well deserved.

Oh hey here's another one....

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

Was there a point?

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton

I hate leftists

Careful not to let that hate eat you from the inside my friend.
It will take years off of your miserable life.

Its only when the topic comes up. Otherwise I maintain a happy disposition

+1 more 
link   
Would there be rioting if Antifa stayed home in mummy's basement?

I seriously doubt it would be on anything like the same scale, so who really are the bad guys in this scenario? The ones who applied for and got a permit for a rally or the ones attempting to supress the freedom of expression of those people?

link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer

I hate leftists

Oh hey, here's a guy who think's the Nazi's are actually the peaceful good guys.....

Lol. Patriots that are for freedom are Nazis. Nice comparison.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

I'm sure we'll see plenty of wonderful behavior from both sides during Douche Fest 2018.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Oh look...another ignorant and divisive post...somebody cue my shock and release my awe!

to you and your one sided perspective.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Patrick Little, recently ran in the GOP Congressional Primary in California, has already been spotted at UTR holding a sign that says, "Expel the Jews." I don't think he's one of the good guys.

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
The weekend festivities started on Friday night when attendees marched to the UVA campus carrying tiki torches, surrounded UVA staff and students, and assaulted them.

It's interesting how multiple people can see the same thing, yet come out of it with entirely different viewpoints. What I saw were people who showed up to a rally ready to defend themselves, because time and time again the people who would protest them have proven to instigate violence. Well, they were right to do that, because that's exactly what happened. Violence was instigated, they defended themselves, and in the chaos many bad things happened.

I'm a hispanic male who actually grew up dealing with racism, and yet here I am defending the free speech of racists because in my eyes, the people acting like nazi's are on the extreme left. How #ed is that??

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer

I hate leftists

Lol. Patriots that are for freedom are Nazis. Nice comparison.

No, I'm going to be very clear with this, Unite the Right is comprised of actual Nazi's, not the people fighting them (you know, the ones who are anti-fascists)...

I know this can be an easy thing to confuse (primarily as a self defense mechanism I believe).

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: SprocketUK

Patrick Little, recently ran in the GOP Congressional Primary in California, has already been spotted at UTR holding a sign that says, "Expel the Jews." I don't think he's one of the good guys.

Maybe you need to amend your constitution then, with a list of things you can say?
Whilst I find it pretty foul to think of people holding such views, if the law protects their right to say such stuff, you should have the decency to uphold that law, after all, it would be pretty awful if they all turned up to some left leaning rally with the intention of hurting and silencing people they disagree with, wouldn't it?

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Neither is the side wearing all black with faces covered and carrying home made riot shields and blunt object for weapons. Its a hate fest all around and essentially dismisses the point of the protest entirely. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see the obvious

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   

The rally is organized by white supremacists and neo-Nazis. So yes, the term Nazi is appropriate. See my last post about Patrick Little.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Hell if it was going to be this bad. Why not prevent the two groups from protesting at all. Everyone with half a brain cell sees this won't turn out peacefully

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join