It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's time for intervention

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Yes, that's right, it's time for intervention, military style.

We have flexed our military power and prowess globally, basically ensuring no one will ever really mess with the US.

We spent some time in the middle east, now it's time to shift focus.

We have a humanitarian crisis in South American countries apparently. It's best if we go in with the military and rebuild these countries. These are not countries that will fight in the slightest. We have an influx of refugees and asylum seekers coming to our country. Let's use the 700 billion we spend annually on fixing South American problems, so the individuals of those nations can be better off.

People talk about those that make it to the border. Many die along that journey, similar to the Oregon trail. Why don't we just resolve their problems for them and make all south american countries a viable living place without the threat and fear they seem to have?

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 04:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Do you think that America has a right to intervene militarily in any arbitrary country around it, and for no good reason?

Isn't that just a bit evil?

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 04:54 AM
link   
So this is what mad with power looks like.

Interesting.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

It's evil, illegal, wrong and morally contemptuous.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 05:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Do you think that America has a right to intervene militarily in any arbitrary country around it, and for no good reason?

No, I don't think they do, but I do think they will no matter our opinions, so wouldn't it be better to shift the focus to home?

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 05:04 AM
link   

We have a humanitarian crisis in South American countries apparently.

Yes, we do... er... they do.

It's best if we go in with the military and rebuild these countries.

No, it's not.

These countries have not asked for help, in the first place. Even if they had, is it our responsibility to make other countries over in our image? That's what we tried to do in the Middle East... with the consequences we see today. One would think that by now we would have learned that just because we see ourselves as some sort of benevolent Jimmy Durante, it might be best to not shove that honker where it don't belong.

But, apparently we're just not that smart...

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 05:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton
So this is what mad with power looks like.

Interesting.

So do we just let South American countries continue to suffer?

We only have compassion at our border?

The ones that don't come can be damned?

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 05:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

No, I don't think they do, but I do think they will no matter our opinions, so wouldn't it be better to shift the focus to home?

Perhaps China should just invade the US, 'cause...

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 05:10 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

These countries have not asked for help, in the first place

Neither did the ME, well except Kuwait.

Even if they had, is it our responsibility to make other countries over in our image?

Isn't that what we have been attempting to do in every country we get involved in?

with the consequences we see today.

There could NEVER be consequences...oh wait...

But, apparently we're just not that smart...
TheRedneck

Sometimes sarcasm and hyperbole fly over one's head, I'm not one to judge, eventually you'll get it .

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 05:12 AM
link   

A whole fleet of fishing boats

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Im all for it!
Make it so.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 05:25 AM
link   

They would if said country signed off on it. For instance in Mexico the cartels are so powerful they rival even their own government. The Mexican government could sign a deal with us and allow us to go in and route out all the cartels and any other intity deemed a threat by the Mexican government such as very violent dangerous gangs.

They would probably have to make some minor to moderate adjustments to how their government operates so as to make it less susceptible to corruption.

However corruption may be an inherent feature in their culture and societal structure and it may just return after a short period.

I think our money would be better spent just building an extremely effective wall along with all the fancy security features that would play along with the wall to make it nearly impossible to cross. Hell we could build it with just one tenth of our military budget.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 05:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

Most SA governments are much more corrupt than the ME, but bad bad for even thinking about the current military presence globally being shifted to another region.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 05:37 AM
link   
As a 23 year door kicking veteran about to retire...glad you're only in charge of your keyboard. A wall and a solid boarder control will be fine....from there the other side can burn or succeed.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 05:39 AM
link   
a reply to: SecretsoftheBlueApples

If it was up to me we wouldn't have troops deployed anywhere.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 05:41 AM
link   

They don’t have the means to transport their troops safely across the ocean for an invasion of the United States (yet). Even if they did and they sent their entire army including their reserves they would fail. The citizens of the United States alone have 300 MILLION guns. We have the most experienced veteran fighters in the world because we are always in a war. Americans are the reigning champions of war standing on a 100Million corps pile with a kill death ratio that would give Satan an erection.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 05:44 AM
link   

We have flexed our military power and prowess globally, basically ensuring no one will ever really mess with the US.

We have a humanitarian crisis in South American countries apparently. It's best if we go in with the military and rebuild these countries. These are not countries that will fight in the slightest. We have an influx of refugees and asylum seekers coming to our country. Let's use the 700 billion we spend annually on fixing South American problems, so the individuals of those nations can be better off.

People talk about those that make it to the border. Many die along that journey, similar to the Oregon trail. Why don't we just resolve their problems for them and make all south american countries a viable living place without the threat and fear they seem to have?

Yey ... the views of a Trumpster... its very clear now.

....... because trump

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 05:45 AM
link   

You have probably run out of money as the catholic church Is now giving the money (that America stole from England ever since ww1) to China another Catholic country follow the revolutions and you will see the catholics or should we say the satanists.

Do you know the American government teamed up with Oxford University to blackmail Gordon Brown Into reducing tax on corporation's around 2002, this was after the FBI caught many pedos in Operation Ore In 1999, Oxfords Tony Blair put a 100 year D notice on the chancellors and other lords activities and then they forced Brown to drop corporation Tax and 3 american hedge funds have stolen around 18.5 billion pounds In lower tax every year from our lovely chancellors deductions. Robert Peston who wrote Who Runs Britain has the majority of the story of how brown dropped the tax In a fascinating book showing how the rich are screwing over the population.

This Is now happening to America.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 05:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: rigel4

Yey ... the views of a Trumpster... its very clear now.

....... because trump

LMFAO....no.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 05:50 AM
link   
a reply to: jinni73

can you make a thread on this? I'm interested!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join