It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Jesus practice Bodhicitta

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 05:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dembow
a reply to: glend

It's one thing to go to war and die, it's another thing to be tortured to death knowing that you can end it by denying one thing. No one ever denied Jesus. Even the one guy that did....died for Him. Don't undermine those sacrifices.

I was under the impression that Jesus the Christ, died to shed his blood so that humanity wouldn't have to die in self pity and dread.

Even to they who don't believe, that's not your worry because Jesus became your belief, so you didn't have to.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Allowing the bad wolf continue to win is not a way to love some who is lost. Each time the bad wolf wins, it become stronger and stronger, until the soul is completely hopeless. You don't want that to happen to anyone and yourself.

Forgiving doesn't mean to do nothing or allow the rapist and serial killers to go rampant. Using brute force to stop them doesn't mean you hate them either. One need to constantly check their motivation with regard to their relationship with others.

edit on 10-8-2018 by EasternShadow because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 05:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Dembow

No one ever denied Jesus.

Unless it was for thirty pieces of silver.

it's another thing to be tortured to death knowing that you can end it by denying one thing.

Yet people die to protest oppression....

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 05:30 AM
link   
a reply to: toms54

Apparently they do.

Edited....

I am not trying to bash Christianity. I am trying to bash dogma for the sake of those that are believing that dogma is good for them,

I have no arguments against Christians like Joecroft or Raggedyman. But a great many Christians believe they have a free ticket to Heaven,

What do you do if you see people following the pied piper over a cliff.

So instead of saying this or that. I am trying to suggest that Jesus was teaching a form of Bodhicitta. Bodhicitta is a way to enlightenment. I believe it to be true.

If you don't, then say so. Stop attacking the messenger if you don't have the brains to contradict a point of view.

edit on 10-8-2018 by glend because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 05:42 AM
link   
If Jesus is the light and Buddha is the light ..........what is 'the light'?
Isn't 'the light' this light that is appearing now?
Stay with the light.........which is always present.

Humans don't follow the light, staying here and now .............no, they travel to the past and future (which simply does not exist).............because they fear ................they try to secure themselves.

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Mathew 6:34
edit on 10-8-2018 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 05:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: EasternShadow
Allowing the bad wolf continue to win is not a way to love some who is lost. Each time the bad wolf wins, it become stronger and stronger, until the soul is completely hopeless. You don't want that to happen to anyone and yourself.

Forgiving doesn't mean to do nothing or allow the rapist and serial killers to go rampant. Using brute force to stop them doesn't mean you hate them either. One need to constantly check their motivation with regard to their relationship with others.

EasternShadow, I totally agree, But in knowing the spirit within is good, is it possible to still love the person under the control of the bad wolf.Whilst knowing, they'd chop off our heads if given half a chance. Has love for all of humanity got preconditions?

So is Johns command below, impossible to follow. These questions, I don't know the answer too.

John 13.34 “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another."

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 05:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: glend
I am trying to suggest that Jesus was teaching a form of Bodhicitta. Bodhicitta is a way to enlightenment. I believe it to be true.

I believe that Jesus was chosen as a 'golden child' when he was visited by wisemen and when old enough went to learn the message he shared later in life.
There is no path to the light though..............it is ever present. However, man has thoughts of other than there is so believes there is a path and then gets on it and is then lead astray.
If all thoughts and ideas were suddenly removed from you..............you would see and hear. Jesus was said to teach the blind to see and the deaf to hear.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 05:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Turning someone over to the authorities is a form of love, disciplene is a form of love
There are different types of love, not all of them are concililatory

Jesus was extremely critical of the religios
The main reason was because Jesus made direct relationship between us and God personal, we need no a mediator of human origin outside of Jesus Himself

I am not talking about forgiveness nor if criminals that cannot abide by society be allowed to live in society. I am just talking about love.

John 13.34 “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another."

How can you follow this command if you don't admire or like the person? Is it something you have achieved?

I am guessing compassion and empathy, even for the "evil" is important
It's not easy and like everything we are called to do, we have to work on it

There is no magic to make Christians " loving" it's something we have to work on, existentialise the bibles teaching

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 05:57 AM
link   

But a great many Christians believe they have a free ticket to Heaven,

Thanks to Paul for Not consulting James the Just firsthand. And thanks to Peter for backing away. The lazy Christians are now be given a free ticket to be lawless in the name of Christ. But meh it's a petty matter. Christ himself will answer this to the Father. The Shepard will always tend to his lost sheeps.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

I once watched a interview with a woman from south america that claimed she had a message from Jesus. When she said the message I felt it echo through my soul. So I fully understand that Jesus was an enlightened soul. However I feel my ego is blocking my spiritual path so am currently using Buddhist techniques to try dissolve that ego. As you said if we were suddenly remove the thoughts and idea's I 'd be able to see clearer. Unfortunately there is no quick erase button. Thanks for your input.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Turning someone over to the authorities is a form of love, disciplene is a form of love
There are different types of love, not all of them are concililatory

Jesus was extremely critical of the religios
The main reason was because Jesus made direct relationship between us and God personal, we need no a mediator of human origin outside of Jesus Himself

I am not talking about forgiveness nor if criminals that cannot abide by society be allowed to live in society. I am just talking about love.

How can you follow this command if you don't admire or like the person? Is it something you have achieved?

I am guessing compassion and empathy, even for the "evil" is important
It's not easy and like everything we are called to do, we have to work on it

There is no magic to make Christians " loving" it's something we have to work on, existentialise the bibles teaching

You know Raggedyman, my mind says no I cannot love a murderer. But I still remember a time during meditation when I got a short glimpse of my soul. Its love had no bounds. So I guess I need dig deeper to try find that inner love.

Thank You.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 06:10 AM
link   

EasternShadow, I totally agree, But in knowing the spirit within is good, is it possible to still love the person under the control of the bad wolf.Whilst knowing, they'd chop off our heads if given half a chance. Has love for all of humanity got preconditions?

So is Johns command below, impossible to follow. These questions, I don't know the answer too.

It can be impossible, yes. But, It is Jesus command, therefore it is not a request. It must be done, for only those who keep Jesus command will reach the Father through Jesus.

Just understand this, you are given equally the right to live under god's grace and therefore you can defend yourself or anyone else.

Leave karma to God/Buddha.

edit on 10-8-2018 by EasternShadow because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 06:11 AM
link   

I once watched a interview with a woman from south america that claimed she had a message from Jesus. When she said the message I felt it echo through my soul. So I fully understand that Jesus was an enlightened soul. However I feel my ego is blocking my spiritual path so am currently using Buddhist techniques to try dissolve that ego. As you said if we were suddenly remove the thoughts and idea's I 'd be able to see clearer. Unfortunately there is no quick erase button. Thanks for your input.

No erase button needed.
You are here now and you are the witness of what is appearing.............you do not do what is appearing.
Awareness of what is happening is choiceless.

You might believe that you are the person (that is appearing) but you are not.............you are what is aware of what is appearing................you are simply seeing what is happening. Notice that everything (including thoughts and body movement) simply just happens all by itself.
It is because you believe you are the doer and actor...............you are not..........you are merely the witness of what is appearing.
Nowhere to go and no one to go anywhere................simply this that IS.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Self forgetting is the way.................stop going in time with the 'I was' or the 'I will be'.
If there was no time (which there isn't) you would see that everything is happening now..............who can change or do different now?

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: EasternShadow

You are a wise owl EasternShadow. Respect.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 06:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Jesus was God incarnate, so He existed well before Buddha.

Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Yes I see your point. Send the outer to auto. So the inner is heightened, its similar to meditation. I will try practising that more often. Thank you.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Yes I see your point. Send the outer to auto. So the inner is heightened, its similar to meditation. I will try practising that more often. Thank you.

There is no inner or outer ...............there is simply just this that is appearing to happen.
It is the dividing that is conflict. If there is one how can there be conflict? It is only when there is two that there can be conflict.
There is nothing to practise!!!!

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 06:42 AM
link   

If you need a practice then simply notice what is going on......

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Firstly, If Jesus was GOD incarnate shouldn't Moses have written the New Testament?

Moses didn't need to write the New Testament. He wrote about Jesus in the Old Testament, just as Jesus told us.

John 5:46

46 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me; for he wrote of me.

Luke 24:44

44 And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.

In an effort to keep this thread on topic, I won't be posting verses from the books of Moses proving this point. Just know that Jesus said it and the Old Testament backs it up for anyone to research it who cares to.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join