It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Ohio State wrestler backs off claim Jim Jordan knew of sex abuse

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Former Ohio State wrestler backs off claim Jim Jordan knew of sex abuse

A former Ohio State wrestler on Thursday seemingly reversed course on an earlier claim that Republican Rep. Jim Jordan was aware of instances of alleged sexual abuse against students by a team doctor while he was a wrestling coach at Ohio State University.
Mark Coleman released a statement, via a public relations company, in which he sought to clear up “comments attributed to him that were not accurate or were misconstrued by media outlets.”

The company that provided the statement is the one hired by Jordan's campaign to respond to the claims.

“At no time did I ever say or have any direct knowledge that Jim Jordan knew of Dr. Richard Strauss’s inappropriate behavior,” Coleman was quoted as saying in the statement. “I have nothing but respect for Jim Jordan as I have known him for more than 30 years and know him to be of impeccable character.”

Male athletes from 14 sports at Ohio State have reported alleged sexual misconduct by Strauss, who was on the faculty and medical staff and published a variety of research. Strauss died in 2005, in what was ruled a suicide.

Interesting change of tune on this guy's part. I strongly suspect this whole thing was just Republican infighting, since Jordan was considered a top contender to replace Ryan as Speaker of the House (assuming they keep control after the election).

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

everybody knew

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Yes. The former wrestler has recanted his accusations against Congressman Jordan.

theconservativetreehouse.com...

At least he "manned up" and recanted the right way, unlike those who falsely accused Donald Trump.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Big deal. In the eyes of many the damage is done.

posted on Aug, 13 2018 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

He probably has some skeleton in his own closet,
at least a few rebublicans have decided to fight
back against this concerted attack.

The political environment right now seems to be
that of the Clintonista's.

Biden himself said he was afraid to run against
them..."these people will ruin your life".

The Dem party is in shambles, no time for
the Republican's to be weak.....

new topics

top topics

join