It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The New York Times bashes the Constitution, again....

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Sorry, but you have centrist friends who lean left that dont agree. Most of the country is moderate. The problem is the extremists, left or right are just as bad. But the extreme left seems to benefit from being the vocal majority thanks to their outlets. Namely the MSM, social media outlets and popular culture. It's no small advantage. They have the superior platforms and the superior funding to "infect" more moderates than the extreme right.
edit on 9-8-2018 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: DBCowboy

You act like the left gets marching orders from the NYT.

That is the propaganda that the right wants you to believe.

Don't fall for it.

The left is made up of many different kinds of people and ideas.

Bullspit.

The NYT is the loudspeaker for leftists!

I, honestly, do not believe you.

edit on 9-8-2018 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

I'm not denighing that the extremest have the louder voice.

Just that they aren't the majority.

Namely the MSM, social media outlets and popular culture. It's no small advantage.

It's because we let it effect us. It's propaganda pure and simple we don't have to agree with what they are saying.

If I listened to what the media from the right or the left is telling me then I would have to believe that most of my countrymen are demons and monsters.

And that is just not true.

edit on 9-8-2018 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 09:45 PM
link   

It's not like you're going to openly advocate for a coup and the destruction of the Constitution either.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 09:46 PM
link   

But the problem isn't that you or I know these things. Its that the vast majority of the uninformed believe it, and they will lead us right down into the #ter and be the first to cry about why we got there.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 09:47 PM
link   

I am sorry you feel that way.

It is not the truth.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

I am sorry you feel that way.

It is not the truth.

The truth is nothing more than an interpretation of the facts.

This is a trend that keeps growing and growing.

The cries for impeachment, assassinations, the total disregard for the current administration, the level of partisan corruption with the FBI and DOJ, and you don't think this is a big deal.

It was bad during the height of the reign of Obama, but it was never this bad.

What major publication back then called for a coup and the destruction of the Constitution?

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Although I do not support the NYT, this is an opinion piece By Meagan Day and Bhaskar Sunkara
Ms. Day is a staff writer at Jacobin, where Mr. Sunkara is editor.

Even if it is not necessarily the opinion of the NYT, they be damned for even publishing tripe such as this.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 11:26 PM
link   
No one takes The NY Times or any news seriously anymore. They’re all a complete joke. They also know this and so are willing to publish anything to get attention, shock value, clicks, whatever. It obviously is working since here we are discussing it and giving them more ad impressions.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 12:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
The last line of the article was chilling.

But it’s a problem worth confronting. As long as we think of our Constitution as a sacred document, instead of an outdated relic, we’ll have to deal with its anti-democratic consequences.

Why would that chilling? Do you think it should be treated as sacred document?

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 12:43 AM
link   

a reply to: M5xaz

What the left is doing is building a narrative, building a case for a coup.

The title of your article. . .

Think the Constitution Will Save Us? Think Again
The subversion of democracy was the explicit intent of the framers.

They are openly endorsing a coup.

What many of us have been saying for quite some time.

The left hates the Constitution, hates the freedoms it guarantees, and wants a coup.

QED

Article doesn't mention overthrowing the government once.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: oriondc
No one takes The NY Times or any news seriously anymore. They’re all a complete joke. They also know this and so are willing to publish anything to get attention, shock value, clicks, whatever. It obviously is working since here we are discussing it and giving them more ad impressions.

Well, they're desperate. They're becoming irrelevant in the internet age and they know it.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Very first sentence:

Consider a few facts: Donald Trump is in the White House, despite winning almost three million fewer votes than Hillary Clinton.

I stopped reading.

Build whatever fantasy land you wish to live but don't expect me to participate. They wish to construct an entire new reality and given that they are still in business, there are folks that buy into it.

Statements of fact make you stop reading?

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
The military swears an oath to defend the Constitution from enemies both foreign and domestic
Notice that word "domestic"
I don't want to say it , yet it is getting about that time the US military stopped being the military arm of the UN and start doing what they are sworn in to do
The NYT article was a direct attack on the Constitution more so than even the attack on Pearl Harbor.

Use the military to suppress free speech in order to defend the constitution. Great thinking.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Well it does have that stupid section that says that citizens should have a 'right' to take up arms against each other.

edit on 10/8/2018 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 02:25 AM
link   

What the left is doing is building a narrative, building a case for a coup.

The title of your article. . .

Think the Constitution Will Save Us? Think Again
The subversion of democracy was the explicit intent of the framers.

They are openly endorsing a coup.

What many of us have been saying for quite some time.

The left hates the Constitution, hates the freedoms it guarantees, and wants a coup.

QED

But the US is a republic, its not actually a democracy.

That is why the POTUS was not the popular choice of the majority. He was placed there by a weird and secretive group (the electoral college).

And the current government urinates on the constitution, too. E,g; It's unconstitutional for the government to run surveillance on all citizens, which it does.

edit on 10/8/2018 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 05:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

originally posted by: Gothmog
The military swears an oath to defend the Constitution from enemies both foreign and domestic
Notice that word "domestic"
I don't want to say it , yet it is getting about that time the US military stopped being the military arm of the UN and start doing what they are sworn in to do
The NYT article was a direct attack on the Constitution more so than even the attack on Pearl Harbor.

Use the military to suppress free speech in order to defend the constitution. Great thinking.

Who suggested that ?
No thinking there , pardner.
You failed , but you are allowed to try again.
Once.
And I may go easy on you again.
May....

edit on 8/10/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/10/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 05:52 AM
link   

I've read the article and the first page of this thread.

What is wrong with you people?

Freedom of speech?
Remember that?

The US Constitution is a great piece of legislation.....but it's not perfect. (Hence the need for so many Amendments!)
And as all great pieces of legislation it requires constant monitoring and tweaking and updating to make sure its fit for purpose.

And in accordance with one of the basic principles enshrined within your Constitution everyone is allowed their opinion and has a right to voice that opinion.
They're not 'effing Commies' they just have a different opinion to you!

Nowhere is anyone advocating the overthrow of your government and the suspension of any of the rights your Constitution ensures.

You do realise just how the rest of the world views your apparent paranoid ranting don't you?

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 05:55 AM
link   
What the left hates about the C.O.T.U.S. is..

1. It enshrined that we are a Republic not a "Democracy".

2. The fact that the citizens can "legally" defend that Republic by use of arms to maintain the freedom from the "Democratic" majority if they find they should have to.

3. That all laws that are passed must comply with the "supreme law of the land" in order to be a "law".

4. The the constitution limits their power to legislate, vote (democracy) away or atempt to overthrow the Republic.

Even if the "majority" voted to abolish the constitution. It would be "no law" a "color of law". We're not a democracy and they can't stand that! They hate that fact. They hate that nothing they can do is truly legal in that regard.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 06:16 AM
link   

If they can't respect the protection which the constitution specifically gives to them, maybe they should learn what it would be like to not have said protections.

There are those who are trying to encourage President Trump to close down some of the news papers and their sites.

I know this will not happen, but it might be interesting for someone to make a load and clear call for it to be done to them. Then you will see who has read which part of the U S Constitution.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join