It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Laura Ingraham Feeds Right-Wing White Panic

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
immigration destroys "traditional" national identity, culture, etc

Are you suggesting that it doesn't? Again, look at it from a culture standpoint, not from a race standpoint... these problems started happening not when Eliis Island was welcoming thousands per day to integrate themselves into America, but when the progressives started decrying the integration expectations and started pushing a position of "America should adapt itself to suit these strangers."

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Well, aside from the venomous rhetoric around ATS, I know very little about any of those people. I don't watch the news and participate very little in political discourse. They could well be idiots and totally corrupt assholes, but they are only 7 people.

That is why I said generally. "Bad apples in every bunch" and all.

Obama was the fifth youngest president; his youth and inexperience were among the earliest and most ubiquitous criticisms during and after his political ascendancy. But youth has always been a double-edged sword for presidents. Ask JFK.
edit on 9/8/2018 by DictionaryOfExcuses because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I think that everything changes over time and conservatives are naturally inclined to fear/hate change. You talk about the conservative point of view as though it's a reaction to something that has shifted in the nature of immigration involving integration.

But you know that anti-immigration sentiment was as strong or stronger in the 19th century before the term "progressive" was even in use. What was the reason for conservatives in the Know Nothing Party of the mid-1800's to be anti-Irish immigrant, anti-German immigrant, etc and more generally anti-Catholic immigrant? (on display in this Know Nothing cartoon)

That ship sailed. If the Know Nothings had their way, we'd be living in a completely different country now. You know, the one we all know and love? And now, contemporary conservatives are using the same rhetoric about assimilation, culture, crime, etc with other groups in ostensible defense of an America that their ideological predecessors fought against.

And mind you, in the 19th century, there were truly massive waves of immigration.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   
That segment from Ingraham was designed to trigger Zi Democrati

It's working like a charm

💥😃💥

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   

where do you think this country would be if all those immigrants didnt come through ellis or somewhere else?

they kind of built the country my friend.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

There was also a rapidly expanding nation in the 19th Century, which drove much of that immigration. Today, our landmass is stagnant. We're pigeonholing foreigners next door to natives and the results are predictably negative.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   
What is wrong with a predominantly white America? I'm talking 95-99% white.

What is wrong with that?

Someone tell me.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

where do you think this country would be if all those immigrants didnt come through ellis or somewhere else?

they kind of built the country my friend.

And if the people coming today would follow our laws like those who came in the past have this wouldn't be an issue!

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

What is wrong with that?

Someone tell me.

Achieving it would involve racially-motivated genocide.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
I think that everything changes over time and conservatives are naturally inclined to fear/hate change.

This was not addressed to me so forgive the intrusion.

Do you think it's possible that you've taken a naturally human trait and attributed it to "conservatives" only, in service of your argument?

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter

What is wrong with that?

Someone tell me.

What would be morally right about it?

Why do you seem to have an inclination it would make it better?

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   

What is wrong with that?

Someone tell me.

Nothing at all, just as there's nothing wrong with an America that's not predominantly white.

Looks like there are a fair amount of American's afraid of an America that's not predominantly white though.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 05:06 PM
link   
She is correct - though maybe you want her censored too as you can't control her?

Uncontrolled immigration destroys cultures. There's no debate about that.
edit on 9/8/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   
How is this any different than the left bitching about “white gentrification” the truth is that it’s no different.

www.google.com...

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

And if the people coming today would follow our laws like those who came in the past have this wouldn't be an issue!

yeah.
immigrants always followed the law until just recently.

all those law abiding immigrants that created organized crime up from petty crimes.

jewish. irish. italians. chinese.

have you read anything about how those 4 in general came up?

jewish, itialian, chinese and irish immigrants did great things. for themselves and for this country.

they also had a serious law breaking situation too.

as did all other demographics including the anglo immigrants that were somehow better even back then

edit on 9-8-2018 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

yeah.
immigrants always followed the law until just recently.

all those law abiding immigrants that created organized crime up from petty crimes.

jewish. irish. italians. chinese.

have you read anything about how those 4 in general came up?

jewish, itialian, chinese and irish immigrants did great things. for themselves and for this country.

they also had a serious law breaking situation too.

as did all other demographics including the anglo immigrants that were somehow better even back then

So by that logic you have no issues with laws trump breaks because other politicians have done it?

If everyone else jumps off a bridge you would?

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Words

What is wrong with that?

Someone tell me.

So, since America was 90% white in the 1950'same and it's barely 60% white today, did "racially-motivated genocide occur to achieve that decline in white population?

InB4 "my Indian heritage says something unrelated".

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Words

What is wrong with that?

Someone tell me.

So, since America was 90% white in the 1950'same and it's barely 60% white today, did "racially-motivated genocide occur to achieve that decline in white population?

InB4 "my Indian heritage says something unrelated".

I didn't know you were referring to the 50's. My mistake.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   

So by that logic you have no issues with laws trump breaks because other politicians have done it?

If everyone else jumps off a bridge you would?

incorrect.
i dont know how some of you make those leaps.

its not ok.
it was not ok then. its not ok now.

just because i would not jump and it is not ok to jump does not mean there would be nobody jumping,

that post i responded to was bull#.
if immigrants would just follow the laws like they used to.

this is not an immigrant thing. it is a people thing.

my point in response to the ellis thing was immigrants helped build this country.
it would not be what it is today without them

they also organized some serious crime.
so by my above point the country would not be what it is today without them

quite the pickle

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Your whole thread boils down to you claiming that when Ingraham said demographic she meant race.

But you know what? You’re wrong. When she said demographic she meant cultural and societal changes. And she is absolutely correct.

Do you have time for a few questions?

What do you think about that man that illegal immigrant being set free by the “sanctuary” city of Philadelphia instead of turning him in to ICE (at their request mind you) only to go and rape a little girl? By the way he had previously been deported already and snuck back in because with the border the way it is it is very easy to sneak in.

What do you think about that Illegal that came with what he claimed as his daughter, was processed and released only to find out that his “daughter” wasn’t really his daughter but in fact his sex slave? This is due to our stupid “catch and release” program in which we allow them to run about our country until their hearing (slim chance they will show up).

Would you vote for Ocasio-Cortez?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join