It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Judge Revisits DACA, Could Send Case to Supreme Court

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Texas Judge Revisits DACA, Could Send Case to Supreme Court By Will Racke August 8, 2018 at 10:04am

A Texas-based federal judge is set to hear arguments Wednesday in a case that could hand President Donald Trump a win in the ongoing legal battle over Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals and put the program’s fate in the hands of the Supreme Court.

District Judge Andrew Hanen will preside over a hearing in a lawsuit brought by seven states against the federal government over DACA, the Obama-era program that shields younger illegal immigrants from deportation.

Led by Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton, the lawsuit argues that DACA was an unconstitutional exercise of executive authority and asks for a nationwide injunction to halt the program.

Yeah most of us saw this one coming. I see DACA, again, being declared unconstitutional. I doubt we will see the DOJ defend the executive order issued by Obama and will support the one issued by Trump.

The Trump administration’s position on DACA’s constitutionality mirrors that of the Texas-led coalition, so the Department of Justice has decided not to defend the program in Hanen’s court.

Either way this will hit the Supremes as I am sure the left will appeal any decisions revoking the unconstitutional executive order by Obama.

Lets see, should the judge issue the nationwide injunction, if Democrats start bitching about the nationwide injunction.
edit on 9-8-2018 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

What's good for the goose right?

Our country is absolutely gone to snip, when politics are deployed interpreting the law by judges rather than the law they took an Oath to adhere too.

We wonder why the Progs are losing their minds over the next SCOTUS pick???

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963
a reply to: Xcathdra

What's good for the goose right?

Our country is absolutely gone to snip, when politics are deployed interpreting the law by judges rather than the law they took an Oath to adhere too.

We wonder why the Progs are losing their minds over the next SCOTUS pick???

Confirming Kavenaugh will be bad for Democrats. Should they tank in the midterms as well I think that is what is going to push them over the edge.

There have been several people arrested since Trump took office for plans to assassinate him. I still have yet to see any Democrats condemn those wannabe assassins. I think Democrats / deep state would become so unhinged that they would participate in the attempt. My personal opinion of course but thus far they have not done anything to reassure me on this issue.

As for DACA I think Democrats once again overplayed their hand. Instead of dealing with this in Congress, like they were given time to do, I think they were relying on the courts and judge shopping to keep the program in place because they know Congress wont give them what they want.
This going to scotus was not what the left was wanting but it seems their actions have pushed the ball in that direction.

edit on 9-8-2018 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   
If Congress were doing their damn job this would have been fixed by now.

They are useless and more concerned about saying no than doing what's right.
edit on 2018/8/9 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Congress only is in session 138 days per year. Apparently DACA is not high priority.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
If Congress were doing their damn job this would have been fixed by now.

They are useless and more concerned about saying no than doing what's right.

Wouldn't doing whats right be coming to this country legally instead of breaking our laws and then demanding amnesty?

new topics

top topics

join