It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient maya remains

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I just found this vid about ancient remains found in Maya territory.
Interesting stuff all on its own.
But notice the very neanderthal skull around the :30 mark, along with a couple long headed skulls(not aliens).
www.msn.com...

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Alot of finds coming out of SA lately, nice!

I didnt see any Neanderthal skulls, however they are mostly cranial modifications

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   
This is interesting but there's no such thing as a 7,000 year old Mayan remain. The Mayans didn't even exist until about 4,000 years ago (Preclassic period). There were people living in the area, but that's waaay back almost into the Lithic stage. Of course all this is predicated on your acceptance of what mainstream archeologists have to say.

What the OP is referring to as Neanderthal is at about 0:31 in the video. That skull does look quite different - the eye sockets are larger and the face is flatter and more ape-like. However, looking at the still pic at 0:43 I think the 0:31 image might be a trick of the camera angle.

Now then there is the elongated skull at 0:34 (along with regular human skulls). That's the really odd part (although looking again the other "regular" skulls also show signs of deformation). Why people would suddenly decide to deform their skulls in this manner is quite interesting. They were clearly mimicking someone for some reason - status, wealth, power. The source person (or people) is however lost to us.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: oriondc

To be absolutely fair, the video notes that the oldest bones are from before the Mayan period, and at the end noted that Mayans dominated the region for 2,000 years.

I don't see anywhere in the video that claims that Mayans were 7,000 years old.

Cool find, nonetheless.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: punkinworks10

Those elongated skulls might not be aliens, but it seems a very bizarre practice to me. It was also practiced by cultures with no contact or knowledge apparently of other cultures doing the same. I have seen old photos of African tribes people with elongated skulls..

So why strap boards to an infants skull to malform it in the first place? What or who were they trying to emulate? I understand it was seen as a hierarchical thing but what mother or father would allow this to be done to their infant the very first time it was done? What could they have been thinking the first time it was practiced?

Is it possible there was another race and that some of these ancient skulls were genuine and belong to that other race? Perhaps they bred with homo sapians as the Neanderthals are now said to have done?

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Maya is as much an ethnicity as a culture.
And cultural aspects of the Maya people go back far beyond 7kya.

posted on Aug, 9 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: oriondc

Yes, the skull around :31
The shape of the eye sockets is a dead give away, as is the bridge of the nose, anatomically modern humans have a "notch" between the brow and the nose, while neanderthals don't, the cheek bones on HSN are also more rounded than the angular cheek bones of a modern human.
There are ancient skulls from mexico have other neaderthaloid traits, such as sagiteel crests and occipital buns.
It might be of note to mention that some of the indigenous people of Meso America have the highest levels of Neanderthal DNA of any living populations, in fact they inherited their predisposition for diabetes from HSN.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 08:29 AM
link   

I understand that, but culture and genetic lineage are different things.

posted on Aug, 10 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Not quite the same thing but NOT the movie of the same name but have you heard of the legend of the City of Z somewhere in Brazil, it was supposedly a city built by Mediterranean settlers whom reached american over 2000 years ago.

The reason that some people in archeaology do not want this to be true even if it is, is because of something called the argument between diffusionism and Isolationism.

Diffusionism or Migrationism (the spread of idea's by contact or by migration of people's) provides a mechanism where by cultures have had contact even before recorded history and have inspired each other as well as introducing technology's and even plant's to one another's cultures.

Cocaine and tobacco in some mummy's in Egypt and a hybrid cotton species of created from both old world and new world cottons' which the South american's were using before Columbus got there seem to categorically prove that migrationism is actually Correct.

BUT

Many legendary names in Archaeology have denied this and claimed that cultures arrive at the same invention's time and again out of pure coincidence and that view is entrenched in many archaeological establishments' the world throughout.
For some it is a matter of national pride, for other's it is more about there university bursary's.

top topics

join