It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To Boldly Go......in the name of Trump's Space Force

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Bloodworth

Uhmm, no. We're decades away from having anything bigger than a shuttle going into space, no matter who it belongs to.

Can it be sent in pieces and built in space?

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 09:59 AM
link   

God no. You're talking pieces weighing thousands of tons for a carrier. A carrier is built in sections, and they're lifted into place. The Ford had one lift that was 900 tons. She weighs in around 110,000 tons.

A Virginia class submarine comes in around 8700 tons. That's a lot of lifting to orbit, and construction is no easy feat. Lots of welding, and crawling into tight spaces.

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

God no. You're talking pieces weighing thousands of tons for a carrier. A carrier is built in sections, and they're lifted into place. The Ford had one lift that was 900 tons. She weighs in around 110,000 tons.

A Virginia class submarine comes in around 8700 tons. That's a lot of lifting to orbit, and construction is no easy feat. Lots of welding, and crawling into tight spaces.

The new launch to create lift for such weight is gaining ground.

The amount of fuel and power used to create the lift of a space shuttle is tremendous.

And it seems going back to a simple plan is more beneficial.....balloons.

Balloons the size of blimps used to aid in the lift.

It seems creating lift from a stand still position is even tougher

So these balloons start the lift with very little power used. Once the balloons reach their potential energy you kick on the rockets saving a ton of energy.

And that energy saved is used to help send bigger objects.

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 11:13 AM
link   

You're still talking about huge sections of material, not designed to be built in space. You'd have to build an entire technology to do it. Even using balloons to start the lift, we'd need new rockets capable of carrying odd shaped sections, new types of suits to work in tight spaces, a new welding system....

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

You're missing the fact that we the humble sheep don't actually know how advanced technology is at the moment, we are only aware of that which is for the consumer and any giant leap in anything would be held back to make money off the inbetween.

edit on 6-12-2019 by ManyMasks because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: ManyMasks

We might not know everything, but it's pretty hard to hide a massive difference in technology like that. Apparently it's being kept from people working military projects too. I've talked to a lot of people, and not one has ever hinted at there being something capable of building massive ships in space. And several of them would have if they knew.

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 12:53 PM
link   

What about those high profile dudes involved in Greers disclosure project, he states 800 high profile whistle-blowers, is all this BS.
Not saying I believe any of it but if it is all a spin to make money, control a narrative or push an agenda that in itself Is a big time conspiracy and they should be investigated with a fine tooth comb. But it seems that this type of manipulation is either not took seriously by those in Power or its deliberately being encouraged to create a distraction. I'm more inclined to think the latter, but what do we do about it... What's the solution? Because if we don't get these guys that continue to create stories that are found to be crap we will always be chasing our tails.
The solution is simple pull these tricksters in and interrogate them to we find out who's pulling the strings, then go for the head of the snake and we will find answers
siriusdisclosure.com...

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 01:01 PM
link   

"He states". How many whistleblowers have there actually proven to be? Or is his word gospel? How many were proven to be high level anything? He claims 800, then puts out a playlist saying 61.

Why should I take anyone as gospel when they make a claim about aliens?

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Like I said the problem can be weeded out by focusing our attention on those that are allowed to spin the manipulation

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 01:26 PM
link   

And who are they exactly?

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Greer, Tom Delonge for a start.

But I'm not looking to get into an argument mate, so carry on riding on your high horse.
Am sure if the truth ever does come out about secret space programs and such you will be the first to know, with all the people in high power you rub shoulders with.
Peace entitled one.

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 02:52 PM
link   

I wasn't aware that having a different opinion means I'm on my high horse or entitled. Good to know that.

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Uncle worked for Martin in the 70's to the early 90's and always said that 'consumer' tech is about 20-30 years behind military/industrial tech. Does that make sense to you as far was what would be known and what would not be?

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Everything I've heard from people working on some pretty advanced stuff is there are areas the military is 8-10 years ahead, and areas where they'd kill to have the commercial stuff because it's so much easier to use and better than what the military is using.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join